Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

The Official New Bands Thread

Thought it would be quite good to start a completely new thread dedicated to new bands that you have discovered of any type of music. I'll get the ball rolling with these gems :thumbup:

http://www.milburnmusic.com/

milburnwall203203x1529hd.jpg

Milburn are a four piece band from Sheffield. Milburn's music have recently been described to have the same aggresive riffs of The Jam which meets the contemporary hooks of The Libertines

And also

The Kiks

http://www.thekiks.co.uk/

kiks7bx.jpg

Southampton band ‘The Kiks’ were partially formed in autumn 2004 when members of a former band Paul McGeachie, and Reggie Bryant, reunited to build the foundations of the band they are today.

Thought it would be quite good to start a completely new thread dedicated to new bands that you have discovered of any type of music. I'll get the ball rolling with these gems :thumbup:

http://www.milburnmusic.com/

milburnwall203203x1529hd.jpg

Milburn are a four piece band from Sheffield. Milburn's music have recently been described to have the same aggresive riffs of The Jam which meets the contemporary hooks of The Libertines

**** GREAT BAND!!!

Thanx to you Milburn has two new fans here in Sweden now!

Cheers!

/g

The Kiks

http://www.thekiks.co.uk/

kiks7bx.jpg

Southampton band ‘The Kiks’ were partially formed in autumn 2004 when members of a former band Paul McGeachie, and Reggie Bryant, reunited to build the foundations of the band they are today.

They're just one n short of being a great band.

Cheap imitation <_<

http://www.herwordskill.co.uk

cover.jpg

Mixing the passion and intensity of metal-core with their own ear for melody and ambient, Her Words Kill formed in the Autumn of 2003 determined to sound like nothing else. Connors’s down and dirty style of vocals playing off against Luke’s angelic singing accompanied by a score of sick breakdowns, catchy riffs and haunting melodies, the band have gained a local reputation as THE band to watch.

Arctic Monkeys are amazing, can't wait to see them in february! Also seeing Milburn around then too :D:D:D

I ordered the Milburn EP and got it in my mail today, nice!

Real good band!

I'm coming to England to see them in february. The same week as Leicester-Derby! Hopefully we'll get tickets!

/g

Imogen Heap

203709148_m.jpg

It’s no surprise Heap emanates a burning self-belief. ‘Speak For Yourself’ has been a test of her abilities; a test she’s passed with glowing colours: “In the past there were times when I wished I had been listened to,†she says, “but I’ve never really known if I was right. This time, from the start I’ve done things my way.†Part cool ’n’ collected statuesque beauty, part thrilled eight year old, Imogen Heap is struggling to contain her excitement. “I feel nothing can stop me,†she says through a huge grin. “This is just the beginning and I can’t sit still with excitement to see how things are going to pan out.â€Â

Pepper's Ghost from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:

I bought their debut Live CD "Opening Night" a couple of years ago and I still have it at home. Fresh rock with a light note of genius. The Philadelphia Inquirer described it as "Paul McCartney in a Motown Cabaret, directed by David Bowie".

peppersghost_small.jpg

I'm not sure whether this album is still for sale.

In the meantime, they have already released two more (mini-) albums:

Arena (7 songs)

B000765IMW.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Shake The Hand That Shook The (13 songs)

B0007UVXEK.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Review from Amazon.ca:

"Philadelphia pop/rockers Pepper's Ghost raised a few eyebrows with their heavily orchestrated, '70s-AOR-inspired debut album, Opening Night, in 2001. After a stopgap EP and a little tinkering with their musical direction, they returned with 2005's Shake the Hand That Shook the World. Produced by Andy Johns (U.K. engineer to the stars, brother of the late Glyn Johns, and producer of Television's magnificent Marquee Moon), the album is unapologetically Big with a capital B. Though the songs aren't as fussily arranged as the group's prior work, songs like "Everything and Anything" are shot through with Brian May-size guitar lines, sweet Todd Rundgren-style harmonies, and an unabashed fondness for the Big Rock Chorus. While the early Queen cops of "Heavy Body Bag," with Anthony Montesano's campy, dramatic lead vocals and a particularly George Harrison-like slide guitar fill, recall the endearing excesses of Opening Night, the rest of the album is closer to Cheap Trick, Frampton Comes Alive!, and Wings' less fruity side. Only the somewhat inappropriately loud and booming drum mix keeps Shake the Hand That Shook the World from sounding like a lost AOR treasure from 1976. ~ Stewart Mason, All Music Guide"

Imogen Heap

203709148_m.jpg

It’s no surprise Heap emanates a burning self-belief. ‘Speak For Yourself’ has been a test of her abilities; a test she’s passed with glowing colours: “In the past there were times when I wished I had been listened to,†she says, “but I’ve never really known if I was right. This time, from the start I’ve done things my way.†Part cool ’n’ collected statuesque beauty, part thrilled eight year old, Imogen Heap is struggling to contain her excitement. “I feel nothing can stop me,†she says through a huge grin. “This is just the beginning and I can’t sit still with excitement to see how things are going to pan out.â€Â

An excellent choice, Tommy. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Archived