Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Dion eyes playoff spot

Dion Dublin says the Foxes still have every opportunity of reaching the top six as they prepare to take on Stoke City in front of the SKY TV cameras on Friday evening (7:45).

The 36-year-old striker believes that City haven't had the rub of the green during the campaign to date.

But Dublin confirmed that Friday night's clash gave City the ideal chance to get their play-off aspirations back on track once again.

He said: "The players that we have in the camp here are more than capable of reaching that top-six spot come the end of the season. It is all about turning things around now.

"We've thrown too many points away again this season. We have lost leads and we have given silly goals away. We now have to get some points on the board very soon starting on Friday night against Stoke.

"There have been quite a few away games we have played in when we have come away thinking that we could have won.

"We see Stoke as a winnable game, but I am sure there are players in their camp who are giving interviews right now saying the same thing. But we go into the game feeling confident."

And Dublin, who came on as a second half substitute in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Leeds United, could return in defence against the Potters.

He added: "Paddy McCarthy is suspended for the game on Friday night and I am ready to step in if required. I will just have to sit tight now and wait to see if I get the call. But I feel good and will give it my all is selected."

Dion Dublin says the Foxes still have every opportunity of reaching the top six as they prepare to take on Stoke City in front of the SKY TV cameras on Friday evening (7:45).

The 36-year-old striker believes that City haven't had the rub of the green during the campaign to date.

But Dublin confirmed that Friday night's clash gave City the ideal chance to get their play-off aspirations back on track once again.

He said: "The players that we have in the camp here are more than capable of reaching that top-six spot come the end of the season. It is all about turning things around now.

"We've thrown too many points away again this season. We have lost leads and we have given silly goals away. We now have to get some points on the board very soon starting on Friday night against Stoke.

"There have been quite a few away games we have played in when we have come away thinking that we could have won.

"We see Stoke as a winnable game, but I am sure there are players in their camp who are giving interviews right now saying the same thing. But we go into the game feeling confident."

And Dublin, who came on as a second half substitute in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Leeds United, could return in defence against the Potters.

He added: "Paddy McCarthy is suspended for the game on Friday night and I am ready to step in if required. I will just have to sit tight now and wait to see if I get the call. But I feel good and will give it my all is selected."

I wish he'd just eye winning the next game instead of theorising about play-offs. That'll be hard enough with our record against some of the so-called poorer teams this season.

At least he's got a positive attitude...

I'm not convinced that this is a top 6 side, but there is a lot of parity in the Championship outside of the top teams. Most of the sides between Leicester and fourth-place Watford aren't very spectacular.

once we learn how to stick the ball away we'll be a top 6 side. we are just as good if not better as watford for example, we shouldn't fear anyone in this league.

We do need to turn some of these draws into wins, otherwise we are in danger of repeating last years performance.

Thats what we like to see a positive attitude :thumbup:

I'm all for positive it's just that I've had enough of people saying what we're gonna do and then us not doing it.

I'd rather they just shut up and did the business.

If I got a free seat for every time we were "going to" whack some "weaker team" I'd have a season ticket by now. A better attitude is to sing the praises of the opposition and to say how you'll be well pleased to do yourselves any sort of justice. It takes the pressure off and doesn't wind the opposition up.

Don't give em anything I say, not informatively and not psychologically.

I'm all for positive it's just that I've had enough of people saying what we're gonna do and then us not doing it.

I'd rather they just shut up and did the business.

If I got a free seat for every time we were "going to" whack some "weaker team" I have a season ticket by now. A better attitude is to sing the praises of the opposition and to say how you'll be well pleased to do yourselves any sort of justice. It takes the pressure off and doesn't wind the opposition up.

Don't give em anything I say, not informatively and not psychologically.

If Levein did that people would accuse him of being negative and not concentrating on his own teams strengths.

If Levein did that people would accuse him of being negative and not concentrating on his own teams strengths.

When a teams not winning regularly everything assosciated with the club is seen in a nagative light, every team selection, every management statement, every misplaced pass, every scuffed shot, every mistimed tackle, every miss on goal, every substitution, every marketing initiative, every mistake made by the ticket office and other admin staff, the kit, the stewards, the food, the queues, even matches won if they are not spectacular results - we're all guilty. If we'd won 10 games on the trot most of the things we'd moan about would still happen but we either wouldn't notice or wouldn't give a shit. :P

He can be as verbally negative as he likes for me in pre-match interviews so long as the team shows a bit of style on the day and gets results.

We are more than capable of reaching the play offs we just need to find some cosistency there has been improvement in the performances and if Levein can bring in the players we need in January I defo dont see why we cant

We are good enough to reach the playoffs,I'm sure of it and our last few performances certainly suggest so as well. But let's be realsitic can anyone really see us staying up if we do go up? i think we need to stay in this division for another season so we have got a settled team and a close knit squad because then i believe we have a better chance of staying up. If we go up up and come back down it will just make things worse becaus eof all the different shake-ups and different scenarios the club will have to deal with. Don't get me wrong I'll be over the moon if we go up but i won't be too disappointed if we dont go up THIS season.

Archived