Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

WBA Away | 2nd December 2023

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I believe football league is a less of a allocation than Premier League anyway. I know our ticket office make weird decisions but I can't think why they wouldn't take 3000 if offered by WBA. Surely it's WBA allowing only 2000.

All guess work though.

I'd have thought this too but wanted to get tickets for that alongside Sheff Wed (a) for a quick-fire double header, so thought it worth a general enquiry about increased allocation, any returns etc.

I very much got the impression that there was scope for more if needed but at present they weren't doing anything about. 

You'd assume that the Hawthorns - which is ~26,000 - would be able to offer at least 2.4k-2.6k. I'm unfamiliar with the exact rules but it feels like we're a few hundred tickets light at a minimum.

Championship clubs only have to offer max 2k, even if their ground is 20k+ (see Notts Forest when they're in the championship).

This is different though as baggies have advertising tarp over a third of the away end. Based on what the club have said in replies they just have to ask WBA to take the fvcker off

Looking at sale dates on the WBA website, looks like  home tickets are not going on general sale. Wondering whether to get the 20 quid membership as I am in Birmingham that weekend anyway and really wanted to tick this off my list.

So still looking for a spare away...

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Called the ticket office today.

I asked if there was any chance of an increased allocation - was told unlikely unless there is significant demand.

I said well it sold out before 520+ got any chance as I was online at 8am and there was nothing left so there probably is demand.

They just reiterated it would be unlikely there will be a request for an increased allocation and apologised.

2,000 tickets for a Saturday 3pm KO, about an hr down the road, when we're flying at the top of the table in an away end that can hold close to 3,000. Absolute joke.

It's not us this time. West Brom are in control and only have to give 2,000. As others have said, they have sold a chunk of the away end to a company for advertising. Brings the more money.

We can ask for 10,000, West Brom will only give us 2,000.

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Called the ticket office today.

I asked if there was any chance of an increased allocation - was told unlikely unless there is significant demand.

I said well it sold out before 520+ got any chance as I was online at 8am and there was nothing left so there probably is demand.

They just reiterated it would be unlikely there will be a request for an increased allocation and apologised.

2,000 tickets for a Saturday 3pm KO, about an hr down the road, when we're flying at the top of the table in an away end that can hold close to 3,000. Absolute joke.

Genuinely don’t think that club representative knows what he’s talking about.

As has been said it’s this advertising thing they’ve got going on which has reduced the allocation for every team that go there.

Middlesbrough & sheff wed to name but two who have very big followings were only given 2,000 a piece this season.

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Looking at sale dates on the WBA website, looks like  home tickets are not going on general sale. Wondering whether to get the 20 quid membership as I am in Birmingham that weekend anyway and really wanted to tick this off my list.

So still looking for a spare away...

where does it say the selling dates? I just assumed it would go to general sale in a couple of days because Ipswich only did on the 6th