Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Shane MacGowan

Not surprising I guess but still gutting. Don't really flinch much at celebrity deaths but a big fan of Shane and the Pogues.

Absolute mess of a life at times, miracle to an extent he got this far. No less sad though.

RIP 

In the spirit of the Wire, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

Dancing in the church? :D

Poignant emotion, conviviality, fun and mayhem even from beyond the grave, eh, Shane?

Good to see almost all the surviving Pogues there (Jem Finer, James Fearnley, Spider Stacy, Terry Woods & Cait O'Riordan - didn't spot Andrew Ranken?). 

Also, John Sheahan, the last of the classic line-up of The Dubliners - the proto-folk/punkers.

After a childhood listening to parental Dubliners records and teenage/early 20s into punk and its many post-punk ripples, I was always going to be a big Pogues fan, wasn't I?

• Like 2