Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

Bit surprised to see so many compliments about him considering we rarely saw him play. When he was in the squad last season he was fine but not great, and kept booting it out of play from goal kicks. His mistake for that Blackburn goal was also one of the worst bits of goalkeeping I’d ever seen. 

I suspect he’ll have a decent career in and around the championship and league one. Surprised that viktor Johansson is still in the championship as he’s pretty poor too. 

Weird post. Yes, he’s not great with his feet as everyone agrees, but he pulled off some incredible saves, just like he did regularly at Preston. He was thrown in to save us in a crisis as a young keeper and made some mistakes, but he’s clearly an impressive shot stopper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxy DK said:

Weird post. Yes, he’s not great with his feet as everyone agrees, but he pulled off some incredible saves, just like he did regularly at Preston. He was thrown in to save us in a crisis as a young keeper and made some mistakes, but he’s clearly an impressive shot stopper.

His performances were mixed for us. For example, brilliant vs Everton, awful vs Fulham. There is no way we concede 5 in that game with a decent GK. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Decent keeper but doesn’t fit our style, realistically he is better than Ward but the signing of Mads and how he has performed has proven that Iversen is championship level at best and wouldn’t be shocked to see him play out his career in this league as a very competent keeper. 

I have seen both him and Johansson now at Rotherham and I reckon Johansson is the better keeper of the 2.

Gets far too much praise for being less shite than Danny Ward.

He is not a top keeper. Seeing Hermanson in goal shows exactly what we missed last season after Kasper was essentially forced out of the club.

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Decent keeper but doesn’t fit our style, realistically he is better than Ward but the signing of Mads and how he has performed has proven that Iversen is championship level at best and wouldn’t be shocked to see him play out his career in this league as a very competent keeper. 

Decent keeper, sadly he's into a generation where top keepers need to be as good with their feet as they are their hands. 

Has the ability to have a great career though

On 05/01/2024 at 23:19, lcfc_forever said:

His performances were mixed for us. For example, brilliant vs Everton, awful vs Fulham. There is no way we concede 5 in that game with a decent GK. 

Yeah well, throw Mads into the same chaotic crisis with relegation looming and he might have had some bad games as well. Nobody’s claiming he didn’t make mistakes or were great in every game.

I’m baffled how many people think they can judge Iversen (or any other player) so quickly and don’t even bother to look at his year at Preston - he was great there and that’s nothing to do with Ward. 

2 hours ago, Foxy DK said:

Yeah well, throw Mads into the same chaotic crisis with relegation looming and he might have had some bad games as well. Nobody’s claiming he didn’t make mistakes or were great in every game.

I’m baffled how many people think they can judge Iversen (or any other player) so quickly and don’t even bother to look at his year at Preston - he was great there and that’s nothing to do with Ward. 

He had a good run of games so enough to make an assessment. But I see what you’re saying - the bigger issue is fans saying that he was really good when he came into the team but the facts don’t reflect that. At best, he was inconsistent with a couple of stand out performances. 

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

He had a good run of games so enough to make an assessment. But I see what you’re saying - the bigger issue is fans saying that he was really good when he came into the team but the facts don’t reflect that. At best, he was inconsistent with a couple of stand out performances. 

I agree that he was inconsistent - but I don’t see anybody here claiming he is as good as Mads for example. What I see is people saying he’s much better than Ward (which is true), and a discussion about him being good enough for the PL. For me the big question is how anyone can claim he’s a League One player at best, when he’s already played in this division for a season where he was player of the year and arguably among top 2 keepers.

12 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I agree that he was inconsistent - but I don’t see anybody here claiming he is as good as Mads for example. What I see is people saying he’s much better than Ward (which is true), and a discussion about him being good enough for the PL. For me the big question is how anyone can claim he’s a League One player at best, when he’s already played in this division for a season where he was player of the year and arguably among top 2 keepers.

Yeah, disagree with anyone suggesting he’s not at least Championship standard.

Interesting that the stats suggested that he was on a par with Ward when measured on preventing expected goals. 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 03:14, Basildon Fox said:

I have seen both him and Johansson now at Rotherham and I reckon Johansson is the better keeper of the 2.

Gets far too much praise for being less shite than Danny Ward.

He is not a top keeper. Seeing Hermanson in goal shows exactly what we missed last season after Kasper was essentially forced out of the club.

last time he played in the championship he got player of the season didnt he?

think he got both supporters player of the year and players player of the year when he played every game of the season for Preston…

it’s also very harsh to judge Iversen’s 12 games thrown into a free falling team in a relegation battle  against Mads playing in a lower division with a better organized team/ defense. That’s not to say I don’t think Mads is a better player- he clearly is.. but it’s an unfair comparison and strange to show such disdain towards Iversen because of it..

Oh and Schmeichel wasn’t forced out of the club. He wanted to try a new experience.. rejected the contract offered.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2