Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen

On 03/01/2024 at 18:13, boots60 said:

OK, I can see my opinion is causing mad fits of laughter. That's good.

Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately has a habit of playing  our defenders or Winks into trouble 2 or 3 times a game, regularly.

As for the mention that he's like having another outfield player he is sometimes a long way out of his area which means sooner or later he will be lobbed.

I'm fine with playing out from the back as long as he eliminates the suicide pass that can be alarming.

His passes have only led to one goal conceded all season I think? Vs Blackburn when he passed out to Winks. 

His passing otherwise has led to more than one goal scored and is a big contribution to how we play. The benefits far outweigh the costs. 

Also your last sentence betrays the idea that you're more concerned with your 'comfort' as a watching fan than what's actually happening in reality on the pitch and across the season. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2024 at 18:13, boots60 said:

OK, I can see my opinion is causing mad fits of laughter. That's good.

Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately has a habit of playing  our defenders or Winks into trouble 2 or 3 times a game, regularly.

As for the mention that he's like having another outfield player he is sometimes a long way out of his area which means sooner or later he will be lobbed.

I'm fine with playing out from the back as long as he eliminates the suicide pass that can be alarming.

Gerrit forward eh boots. We should go back to the classic 442 big man little man combo!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I assume you’re referring to iverson in the latter part of your post, if so I don’t entirely agree with this. Mads is a ball playing GK he doesn’t look to play risky passes so to speak, he’s looking to beat the press with a pass, which essentially is the job of any central deep player. Iverson is a good goalkeeper but he’s nowhere near the level of Mads, Mads will go on to play for a world class club, we won’t be able to hold onto him for long. 

I might of been a bit vague my point but was that people say about Mass risky passes that sometimes leave us in danger but he’s obviously instructed to make these passes by Enzo as it’s deemed high reward he’s a solid keeper and great with his feet 

Excellent move this. Some good performances puts him in the shop window in the summer. Ward next please, imagine he will want to leave because of his Euro place.

Edited by scinnell

5 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Excellent move this. Some good performances puts him in the shop window in the summer. Ward next please, imagine he will want to leave because of his Euro place.

Problem is, neither Wales keeper are anywhere near the first team (or even matchday squad) of their respective teams. 

Actually incredible that Wales haven't produced a goalkeeper in so long, or at least found someone English with some heritage!! 

Hennessey played their last game but they seem to spread it out and I think any decision essentially will be made based on performance in warm up games.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

I like Iversen. Good shot-stopper, really tall but gets down low really quickly, and commands his area and inspires a lot more confidence than Ward.

It's a bit criminal that he's been so highly rated here for a long time but barely used. We'd have been a few points better off with him from the start of last season in my opinion.

But, Kasper was here for so long and he just isn't the kind of keeper we need in this system now. Mads is also proving to be an excellent shot-stopper and is a terrific footballer too.

Best of luck to Iversen, I hope he finds a home at a good level. No disrespect to Stoke but I think his level is above their current predicament. Maybe he can help them up the table and get a move to the Prem or a top flight European league as a result.

• Like 3

He's a good solid goalkeeper - Had superb performances at the back end of last season - most notably against Crystal Place away (it was like the alamo first half) and against Everton at home (if Ward had played we'd definitely have lost), 

Hope he does well elsewhere - I'm not sure why they couldn't work on his distribution as he's more than an able number 2 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's a good solid goalkeeper - Had superb performances at the back end of last season - most notably against Crystal Place away (it was like the alamo first half) and against Everton at home (if Ward had played we'd definitely have lost), 

Hope he does well elsewhere - I'm not sure why they couldn't work on his distribution as he's more than an able number 2 

My take is they did but there is only do far you can take it. Watching Stolarczyk, though not as good as mads, he is still very assured with his feet and should be no2 in this system. Both can act as that extra center back when needed, which Iversen is miles behind them on.

i remember watching the warmups late last season, and they did lots of practice with Iversen sending long balls to the wing. More often than not, the ball just going out. I think the best anyone is going to get from him is to punt the ball centrally.

Great shot stopper though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

My take is they did but there is only do far you can take it. Watching Stolarczyk, though not as good as mads, he is still very assured with his feet and should be no2 in this system. Both can act as that extra center back when needed, which Iversen is miles behind them on.

i remember watching the warmups late last season, and they did lots of practice with Iversen sending long balls to the wing. More often than not, the ball just going out. I think the best anyone is going to get from him is to punt the ball centrally.

Great shot stopper though.

Yes, he loved booting the ball out of play on the left as I remember it. There again with last years team that was often the best option 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Haha 1

Bit surprised to see so many compliments about him considering we rarely saw him play. When he was in the squad last season he was fine but not great, and kept booting it out of play from goal kicks. His mistake for that Blackburn goal was also one of the worst bits of goalkeeping I’d ever seen. 

I suspect he’ll have a decent career in and around the championship and league one. Surprised that viktor Johansson is still in the championship as he’s pretty poor too. 

He must have been totally insulted by watching that clown in goal for most of last season , without being given a chance himself.

Yet another incredible stupid decision by an 'Elite Manager ' 

Good luck to Daniel , I really hope he goes on to shine at another club

Although not against us at the Britainnia 😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

Would probably still be our number 1 in the premier league had he played more last season 

I don't think it would have made any difference. Results didn't improve when Iversen took over. Marginally better save % than Ward but 66.1 is still below average. Lower clean sheet % than Ward and lower win %. Neither looked up to the required standard.

Screenshot_20240105-1531032.png.f0e052d78f3730353182b8faf47ee6eb.png

• Like 1