Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen

He's a terrible option for us at present as he is AWFUL with ball at his feet. Good shot stopper and general keeper but in the back half of prem last season he showed he can't pass the ball (remember the 10 kicks out of play per match trying to hit the left back?)

Best if he joined a team that doesn't play from the back and he'll have a chance to thrive.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Good move.

Get 6 month playing well at this level again and sell him for 2-3m in the summer.

Hopefully to Stoke, they always have money

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hopefully to Stoke, they always have money

I'd say he would be a solid option for a lower half champ team.. a team that have accepted  their fate will be in the champ for the next 3-4 years. he'd do a great job for most champ teams but any team that gets promoted to the prem should  probably look to replace him..

You almost have to be a world class keeper to stand out in the prem these days.

Get out there, get his name back on a teamsheet and in the shop window. Sell in the summer after he's played 15 games or so to prove himself again.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Clubs are not queuing up to sign him.

He's proven himself to be a very capable Premiership Goal keeper, So it shouldn't be difficult to either loan or sell him.

Though I'm sure we'd want to recover our outlay on him also.

No issue with this. The summer window is a better, and more likely time, for a goalkeeper to move anyway. With a good half season at Stoke - who badly need a keeper after Bournemouth recalled Travers - Iversen will boost his reputation and, hopefully, his market value.

Freeing up the squad space and moving away from having 5 first team goalkeepers had to be one of the priorities this window, so if we can get this done early then happy days. You'd assume Stoke are covering all, or a portion of, his wages too which also helps the cause.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Mads is not exactly brilliant with his feet

Jesus, are you kidding (or just on the wind up). He's like having an extra outfield player.

Edited by MGLCFC

As much as the club needs to protect itself, I'd be really disappointed if we didn't allow this. The guy deserves to be playing football, loan move to Stoke would do him well and I'd back him to impress enough so we can ask for a decent fee in the summer

OK, I can see my opinion is causing mad fits of laughter. That's good.

Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately has a habit of playing  our defenders or Winks into trouble 2 or 3 times a game, regularly.

As for the mention that he's like having another outfield player he is sometimes a long way out of his area which means sooner or later he will be lobbed.

I'm fine with playing out from the back as long as he eliminates the suicide pass that can be alarming.