Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Daniel Iversen

10 minutes ago, boots60 said:

OK, I can see my opinion is causing mad fits of laughter. That's good.

Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately has a habit of playing  our defenders or Winks into trouble 2 or 3 times a game, regularly.

As for the mention that he's like having another outfield player he is sometimes a long way out of his area which means sooner or later he will be lobbed.

I'm fine with playing out from the back as long as he eliminates the suicide pass that can be alarming.

I reckon I know exactly who you are and exactly where you sit

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t thank he’s a bad option for a championship  club at all. He doesn’t fit the Maresca style too well, but that doesn’t make him a bad championship keeper.

get him playing games and  in the shop window and accept an offer in the summer for him,

Agree. He did great on loan at Preston.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I reckon I know exactly who you are and exactly where you sit

I reckon most people would say the same(regarding sitting near a like minded individual), the poster’s opinion is unfortunately more common than it should be in our fan base.

Edited by westernpark

13 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Mads is a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately has a habit of playing  our defenders or Winks into trouble 2 or 3 times a game, regularly.

As for the mention that he's like having another outfield player he is sometimes a long way out of his area which means sooner or later he will be lobbed.

I'm fine with playing out from the back as long as he eliminates the suicide pass that can be alarming.

You've got to ask do the pros out weigh the cons. Yes, he may make the odd error of judgement and this may lead to conceding a goal (just as Allison and Eddison do, but I think most accept that they are quality keepers), but the way he plays allows us that extra outfield player that pulls opposition all over the place. I don't think that he is poor with his feet, in fact I'd say he's highly competent and confident, occasionally his long kicking goes astray. I think he is encouraged to play a high risk game as this creates the space Enzo is looking for. As for your last sentence, I'm not sure any keeper playing the high risk game Mads is playing will eliminate every mistake.  

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hope he does well. Great shot stopper and came across as a real nice bloke as well. Hope this spring boards his career as i still feel he has great potential.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Hope he does well. Great shot stopper and came across as a real nice bloke as well. Hope this spring boards his career as i still feel he has great potential.

Unless the fashion for keepers changes I can't see him doing more than low end PL.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I personally think he will end up in the prem, but just for a side that’s not playing out from the back. 

He’s a great shot stopper and pulls off some unbelievable stops but as soon as enzo came in, the writing was on the wall 

Couple of good years in the Championship and then go to a newly promoted Prem side that is just expecting to have to park the bus every week and just wants a good shot stopper

Same as what has happened with Viktor Johansson at Rotherham since he left us who is now being linked with Sheff Utd

• Like 1

19 hours ago, boots60 said:

He's dropped a few clangers (naturally), but the whole idea is to play these risky passes that look like they're playing our central midfielders into trouble, when in reality we're relying on Winks's/Riccy's technical ability to deal with the pressure, spring a pass and all of a sudden we're in an 'on the break' situation that started with us having the ball in deference.

• Like 1

Medical today

Leicester City grant permission for 26-yr-old to leave - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

Leicester City have granted permission for goalkeeper Daniel Iversen to undergo a medical at Stoke City on Friday morning, sources have told Football Insider.

It is believed that the 26-year-old has agreed to the terms of a loan move that will see him move to the Potters for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

Mads is obviously instructed to play this risky passes regardless of the risk to losing the ball in dangerous areas, if he is wasn’t he could quite easily play with his feet when it’s low risk and go long under pressure and looo a fantastic keeper

7 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Mads is obviously instructed to play this risky passes regardless of the risk to losing the ball in dangerous areas, if he is wasn’t he could quite easily play with his feet when it’s low risk and go long under pressure and looo a fantastic keeper

I assume you’re referring to iverson in the latter part of your post, if so I don’t entirely agree with this. Mads is a ball playing GK he doesn’t look to play risky passes so to speak, he’s looking to beat the press with a pass, which essentially is the job of any central deep player. Iverson is a good goalkeeper but he’s nowhere near the level of Mads, Mads will go on to play for a world class club, we won’t be able to hold onto him for long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Feel a bit sorry for him really, the timings haven’t worked out well for him. Great shot stopper but he’s so uncomfortable with the ball. Seems like a fantastic pro.

Oh me too, can you imagine how hard it's been, being your idols understudy for club and country for so long, finally get your chance and BANG, you're replaced in both slots by someone new... and you're at the same club!!!!

He'll do really well at Stoke I think, Schumachers tactics are a bit more counter attack based so he shoudl thrive.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Incredible that some people still don’t understand how modern goalkeeping works. If you’re a possession based side the pros of playing out from the back outweighs the cons if your keeper is good enough with his feet. The occasional mistakes will lead to fewer goals against than the many attacks he starts will lead to goals for.

Hope Iversen will thrive at Stoke - he’s a brilliant shot stopper and still quite young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1