Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sarahlisa

Anyone Going To Millwall Away?

2 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Millwall 2017 and Peterborough in 2013 are my two favourite domestic aways with Leicester.

Both ended in defeat but were the complete opposite of a boring away end.

One way to sort the wheat from the chaff is if you saw that Millwall trip as enjoyable/traumatising

You are made of stern stuff my friend 

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Why did he enjoy it so much. 

I got the impression one or two fans were left traumatised 

I think just the crazy, hostile atmosphere. Don’t get me wrong, neither of us find a lot of the things that went on that day right or acceptable. But football has been sanitised so much over the years, some of it rightly so of course, but generally the tribal nature of football atmospheres has been taken away into a kind of take it or leave it, half-arsed, passive theatre experience. That day was far from that, and as I said, nothing bad happened to us and didn’t witness anything really terrible happen to others, so nothing to be traumatised for. If we had then it would have been different. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Why did he enjoy it so much. 

Millwall 2017 was so much fun. Remember when they invaded the pitch at the end, standing over the barriers in the upper tier gesturing wildly at them as a coin flies mm's past my face at 100mph. They threw all sorts at us that day, saw a bloke so angry, he took his glasses off, smash them up then throw the shards of glass at us. 

It was a good end as well, seemed every city fan was drunk. Proper fans, no teenage drip tray boys in trackies 

• Like 2

I go out of my way to meet our opponents supporters most away games and Millwall fans are no worse (or better) than any other fans in my opinion. The young ones don't even know who Harry Cripps was. Speak to the older ones and you won't get a word in edgeways.

Edited by l444ry

Which pub will the Leicester fans be in? I’m getting the train to South Bermondsey and will have over an hour to kill. There is a fan zone for away fans near the ground but if it’s outside it will be freezing. Would rather get a pint in a nice warm pub!

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Which pub will the Leicester fans be in? I’m getting the train to South Bermondsey and will have over an hour to kill. There is a fan zone for away fans near the ground but if it’s outside it will be freezing. Would rather get a pint in a nice warm pub!

When you arrive at South Bermondsey as an away fan you won’t be able to go anywhere other than the fan zone/turnstiles. Police will direct you down ‘cowards alley’

Best thing is to drink around London Bridge and then take the train/tube to South Bermondsey nearer kick off 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Millwall 2017 was so much fun. Remember when they invaded the pitch at the end, standing over the barriers in the upper tier gesturing wildly at them as a coin flies mm's past my face at 100mph. They threw all sorts at us that day, saw a bloke so angry, he took his glasses off, smash them up then throw the shards of glass at us. 

It was a good end as well, seemed every city fan was drunk. Proper fans, no teenage drip tray boys in trackies 

Missed the last train home that night and had to get a National express at midnight. Three days later off to Sevilla. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

by a fat bloke on the pitch in a string vest? it was a cracking day and police lost total control for a few minutes and were seriously flapping