Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Stoke Match Thread

The fault clearly lies with everyone at the club now, it's got nothing to do with any ex-manager!

The players need a good kick up the arse.

They should be made to train everyday, 8 hours a day until our next game and tell em that this will be the norm until our results pick up

Right, so we'll have a team of exhausted players fit for nothing but keeling over after 30 mins...

We've played well tonight. It's no suprise to me we've started scoring with Hume and Hammond up front, we must stick with this until January.

I can't believe we lost that. We looked good going forward, created good chances and scored two good goals, should have got more. That idiot in goal gifted them a goal, is he thick? He comes out like that almost every game and takes the man, it's about time he was punished.

Thoroughly entertaining game, just a dissapointing result. Things will get better if we keep playing like that.

Very good summary. We played well for most of the game, except Sylla, but again we lost. ;)

Training isn't all physical you do-nut we are not losing the game physically, we are however losing the game mentally!!

It's spelled doughnut... and I agree, they need to train their psychic powers, not much of the force going on with that lot.

henderson is injured aint he? wqhen hes back he best start in my eyes cus Ive already had enough of Rab Nesbitt.. **** shit keeper, infuriatingly crap. Kisnorbo can bollacks aswell. Also referring to Sylla, that man was absolute quality today in my eyes. Sylla, Joey, Hume, Smith, Hammond and apart from the first 20 mins or so Stearman aswell we all absolutely fantastic. I think we'd hold well in the permiership even with these guys. It'll be nice when paddy is back, I didnt think Dublin was awful tonight but he didnt win enough headers and he basically just didnt seem to do anything. As for kisnorbo, gareth williams had more effect when he came on for 8 mins, I hope he never starts another game. joey needs to keep his place in midfiled and we'll have williams along side him for now I'd say. I'm now sulking again at the thought we got rid of Ian Walker for that worthless scottish bastite =/

too short, bad positioning, shakey, theres nothing about him that I've seen thats in the slightest re-assuring. Our defense were'nt great today but I thought if we had a decent keeper at the back we'd have been good enough at the back for this level at least.. PLEASE DONT EVER LET RAB NEAR THE FIRST TEAM AGAIN

Sylla??? Quality??? I preume you're taking the piss

The guy was anonymous, whose most worthwhile contribution was to play a reasonable 10 yard pass to Smith somewhere around the hour mark. Most of the game he strutted around epitomised by the herculean defensive effort for the winning goal.

Stearman was also far from fantastic, he was calm on the ball but looked like a rabbit in the headlights when confronted with long diagonal balls.

Hume, Hammond, Joey and Smith were the decent performers tonight.

PS. I agree with your assesments of Rab C, Kisnorbo and Dublin.

It's spelled doughnut... and I agree, they need to train their psychic powers, not much of the force going on with that lot.

Bring in Uri Geller we can get him to get Jacko to lend us your mate on loan...........Bubbles

Hypnotise the lot of em and when they wake up we can tell em that they are Footballers :ph34r:

I am dissapointed with the result but on the good side we did play well throughout the game and we got beat by 2 good goals

but i also think we do need to improve still because we will just get nowhere if throw them kind of games away <_<

also i would like to say that joey gudjonsson is brilliant motm for me again

well done joey :thumbup:

I am dissapointed with the result but on the good side we did play well throughout the game and we got beat by 2 good goals

also i would like to say that joey gudjonsson is brilliant motm for me again

well done joey :thumbup:

Good goals or sloppy defending?

Yes joey was motm, atleast until their 2nd goal, then all our players were just going through the motions.

The guy was anonymous, whose most worthwhile contribution was to play a reasonable 10 yard pass to Smith somewhere around the hour mark. Most of the game he strutted around epitomised by the herculean defensive effort for the winning goal.

Stearman was also far from fantastic, he was calm on the ball but looked like a rabbit in the headlights when confronted with long diagonal balls.

lol - I thought Sylla was fantastic on the ball, he had a few moments where his skill was fantastic. I didn't know what too make of stearman, he was quite bad to begin with, gave the ball away and his passing was suspect but later on in the match he made some fantastic tackles.

Also I finally got to have a good look at Ryan smith, he was very good but I do think some people on here sing his praises a bit too soon. It's nice to see him when he tries to gee up the supporters and when he takes people on but sometimes you get the impression he tries to do too much and every so often his first touch could have been better. He was great but I thought we had a couple of players that were better on the night. Good player but the way I was reading before it was like we'd be doomed as soon as he returned to Arsenal, I'd love to see him here permanent. Who knows, maybe we can just keep renewing his loan spell until we can afford to buy him??? =/ lol

one thing I'm sure of is that Rab and Kisnorbo need to be shipped out in the january window if possible =/ christ almighty they were bad.. and when they both kinda combined to be doubley shit at the end there when stoke really should have made it 4-2 in injury time.. I hope to never see them anywhere near the first team line up again

Good goals or sloppy defending?

Yes joey was motm, atleast until their 2nd goal, then all our players were just going through the motions.

well the the second goal can be put down for sloppy defending because sylla got beat to easily on the wing and maybury didnt really put the striker under pressure

but there first goal was just a brilliant header made out of nothing

We seem to be going the same way as Forest, playing well but losing :(

It's great we are playing better but I have serious doubts over our defence, they seem to go long spells in the game looking solid then all of a sudden they'll forget how to defend and leave players umarked everywhere.

Agree with you completely.

Douglas cost us the first goal and I was never confident in him all game. He needs to be dropped ASAP. He doesn't command his area at all - he stands on his goal line/6 yard box and even if the ball is played over the top of our defenders he won't come out to clear the ball. And when he does finally decide to come he hacks down their forward EVERY time. He's given away countless penalties already this season and could easily have given away more in the games against Preston away and Coventry.

Kisnorbo was atrocious again - he adds nothing to the team and he almost gifted them a 4th goal in injury time.

Sylla is a lazy b*stard, simple as. Get rid of him. He cost us the game tonight. No excuses. Shame we have no cover for him otherwise he'd be out the door first.

Stearman did get caught out on numerous occasions with the diagonal ball. He kept drifting instead and giving far too much space to their winger, but he's still young and learning.

As for Stoke's equaliser, nobody put any pressure on their midfielder who crossed the ball for Sidibe. Where was Kisnorbo then? Joey was running around chasing everyone but Kisnorbo was nowhere.

Overall I can't believe we lost. We looked great going forward at times and Hume and Hammond should definitely stay together. Smith was class at times, shame he couldn't finish that chance. Hume should have scored too and Joey was soo unlucky with that incredible shot. I am so disappointed with this result, we didn't deserve to lose at all. I just don't know where we go from here.

We seem to be going the same way as Forest, playing well but losing :(

It's great we are playing better but I have serious doubts over our defence, they seem to go long spells in the game looking solid then all of a sudden they'll forget how to defend and leave players umarked everywhere.

Players in front of them let them down, notably Sylla.

Only Gerrbrand was played in his natural position tonight in defence. It can't help.

Indeed. Paddy was badly missed tonight.

Credit to Stoke for the way they took their last two goals, but we should have sewn the game up by then.

Unless we learn to convert chances at an acceptable rate, we'll always run the risk of losing games like this.

CL needs to sort the side out VERY soon.

He shouldn't have got himself red-carded the other day!

Credit to Stoke for the way they took their last two goals, but we should have sewn the game up by then.

Unless we learn to convert chances at an acceptable rate, we'll always run the risk of losing games like this.

I was working :( but from what I read just now it seems that we played reasonably well for 3/4 of the game and again lost it just towards the end.

:clap:

We had the chances to close the game, and missed. Again.

He shouldn't have got himself red-carded the other day!

If I was in the same situation, I would have a go at the officials, and rightly so. They fecked up. Until someone makes them accountable for their decisions, players will take matters into their own hands.

Bring in Uri Geller we can get him to get Jacko to lend us your mate on loan...........Bubbles

Hypnotise the lot of em and when they wake up we can tell em that they are Footballers :ph34r:

Forget Uri Geller, we need the master...

yodaelvis1xd.jpg

:D

Archived