Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Stoke Match Thread

hey, come on, pull yourself together. we've had the good days, remember the play-off wins, remember the league cup wins, remember the 5 successive top 10 finishers in the premiership.

perhaps we are paying for that success, i'm exhausted here, how many times, when will it turn. :cry:

I stand by my comments... ;)

I'm devastated... Where's the justice? We're playing decent football it seems, but we're getting severely punished for any mistake we make. I guess I'm just frustrated that we are where we are... I can't get used to the fact that we just aren't any better. It's bloody Stoke ffs... :cry:

I agree... at the time I pointed out attacking wasn't everything. Defending is also part of the game!

look where forest are. at least we have never been as low as them we have been in the top to leagues of football since 1884. we will bounce back dont worry i feel like shit because i thought we was going to win but as long as we get behind them im sure we will get better with time its only been one and a half seasons down here. we will get out

maybe. surely we won't be relegated, will we? i don't want to think about it.

Why cant we?

We give away too many easy goals in crucial times of games.

I can see it 'appening,

We're more likely to go down than we are to go up :cry:

We were far the better side, as soon as they got their second our heads dropped.

I thank Mickey Adams for destroying our side and giving hope to every team that plays us when were winning. Even if were winning 3 nil they must think 'if wolves can do it, why can't we'.

Its hardly craigs fault, the team played well tonight bar a few exceptions. Its just the opposition always have that extra bit of faith about coming back against us; They try harder because they know the rewards have been taken before.

I feel our team has played well tonight, especially Joey, but our reputation for conceding-not killing games off has defeated us once again.

Why cant we?

I can see it 'appening,

oh, i agree with the last statement. at the moment i would be happy with a lower mid table, get this season over with and try again next year. i really don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Speaking as a Wednesday fan, I sympathise with you foxes - you seem to be going through what we're going through (or have been). Play decent football but still end up losing.

I didn't watch the whole game because of the world cup draw, but the bits I did see you were by far the better team, looked much more up for it.

Hume should have scored when his shot went just wide of the post - good play between Elvis and Hume - looks like you have a decent pair up front at least.

Looking at the replay of the third Stoke goal you've got to question Sylla and Stearman...

Sylla just stood still after the player had got away from him, he didn't chase the ball or pressure the player at all. This is what infuriates me about Sylla, as much as I enjot the good stuff he does it times like this that he lets himself and the side down.

Stearmans positioning was woeful, he should have been much further to the right, closer to where the ball was. I guess this is something he's going to improve upon with more experience. I hope.

Just really dissapointing that we can't put games like this away when we have the chances to do so.

:(

Rab Douglas cost us the game there in ym eyes, quite possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen.. =/ I also wasnt impressed with kisnorbo, way too casual on the ball. Its a shame cus we looked premiership quality with some players there... hume, smith, sylla, gudjohnsson in particular i thought were fantastic.. I thought dublin was ok but Ill be glad when mccarthy is back..

if we are lucky maybe we can pay someone to take Rab off our hands.. CRAP keeper - how he gets in ahead of Henderson I dont know.. Id even rather see Logan in =/ cost us too many goals this season.

Why cant we?

I can see it 'appening,

We won't go down. We're crap, but there are teams that are worse. There have certainly been worse City sides in living memory. We only lose by the odd goal, it seems. It's down to lack of concentration at times as our general play is ok at the moment.

Having said all that, it could be a nervous second half to the season. I still stand by my prediction that we'll finish 12th.

I hope everyone's sitting comfortably, because we're in for a long, long spell of Championship football the way things are going. :):)

hey, come on. it's Peter Taylor ulitamately. he really focked us over and nearly destroyed the club.

The fault clearly lies with everyone at the club now, it's got nothing to do with any ex-manager!

The players need a good kick up the arse.

They should be made to train everyday, 8 hours a day until our next game and tell em that this will be the norm until our results pick up

It was one of those games that at 2-2, you just knew Stoke would win.

All it needed was the ball to be struck a couple of yards in 1 direction by either Smith or Hume and we'd be toasting a comfortable away victory where we looked dangerous all night.

Oh and **** of Sylla/Kisnorbo. Also Rab needs to be shipped out, he inspires no confidence whatsoever.

We won't go down. We're crap, but there are teams that are worse. There have certainly been worse City sides in living memory. We only lose by the odd goal, it seems. It's down to lack of concentration at times as our general play is ok at the moment.

Having said all that, it could be a nervous second half to the season. I still stand by my prediction that we'll finish 12th.

I hope everyone's sitting comfortably, because we're in for a long, long spell of Championship football the way things are going. :):)

I'm sure Forest fans were saying that also last season!

We've played well tonight. It's no suprise to me we've started scoring with Hume and Hammond up front, we must stick with this until January.

I can't believe we lost that. We looked good going forward, created good chances and scored two good goals, should have got more. That idiot in goal gifted them a goal, is he thick? He comes out like that almost every game and takes the man, it's about time he was punished.

Thoroughly entertaining game, just a dissapointing result. Things will get better if we keep playing like that.

Archived