Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Either dublin or craig has got to go

When your 2-1 up away from home and the opposition have dangerous strikers, you need a leader.

Dublin was captain, and although craig gave him the armband, dublin didnt show any leadership qualities, especially in dealing with stokes goals.

I think dublin is quite poor, so i have to question A, why the hell does craig pick him, and B, why the hell make him captain :cry: it just doesnt make ANY sense.

Craig attributes dublin as the player with the best header of the ball at our club. Why the hell then, did he not head the f-in ball away when needed?

Why didnt he marshall our defence with captain and leadership qualities?

We had a perfectly good CB in Johanson, a leader, a never say die player, who would hustle stokes bulky strikers.

NO cross from a wide position should be met by a striker in our box, its a "footballing criminal offence". Dublins job was to prevent that, and he let us down, yet again.

We were flying before their 2nd, and the awful decision to have a non 90 minute dublin lead us into the darkness prooved an inability to cope with an average stoke team.

Dublin is at best, a sub player. If we have ANY ambition to succeed this season, WE CANNOT HAVE NEARLY PLAYERS.

Dubs USED to be good, he is NOT now.

I think we can all see good potential in what craig`s doing, so dublin must never ever start for city again, EVER!!

Dublin should have gone when Coventry wanted him back last November. We need a leader, but they have to be a regular first teamer, and half decent - not Kisnorbo :rolleyes:

Gotta be Joey or McCarthy then. Ever present, ever vocal.

Another ever present player is Douglas, but somehow I don't think that liability should be given the armband. lol

Although I dont think Dublin has ever been particularly poor for us I think his time has come where he just cant cut it anymore. We were beaten by two headers today. That was the reason we played him to try and stop that =/ I think I'd like to see Dublin stay on in some sort of coaching role because his experience is invaluable but I think he is past it now =/ not really a great threat up front..

I think Craig Levein should stay, hes got us playing some good stuff it's just certain players need to go and some rough edges need smoothing out. In my eyes, when january comes around, extend smiths loan spell if possible, bring in another young striker to add to the competition in that area. If possible, ship out douglas and kisnorbo.. any price.. lol - if we can afford to lets pay someone to take them. Definately give joey another contract when the time comes I believe his is up this year? Also I'd agree hed make a good club captain, certainly have it between him and mccarthy although personally I think I'd still go with mccarthy as el capitano.

Gotta be Joey or McCarthy then. Ever present, ever vocal.

Johanson is our most experienced player of leadership quality, capable of doing the job. Macarthy will be in the future, if he can controll his booking ability. Joey for all his enthusiasm, was like the whole team when their 2nd went in, couldnt/wouldnt grasp things and make a stand like a cheif.

When times are bad, you need a carm and collected individual to say, i`ll dictate the play, get stuck in and dictate the flow of the game. Someone that will make others feel comfortable about things, settle the team, a positive influence.

It has to be a central midfielder, and i believe maybury can play there and do that job. Sit in front of the back 4, dictate the play, hes confident in tackling, and he has a decent footballing brain.

He was easily our best player last season, a real influence in helping us play well. At the moment, were stuck in a rut, with potential to do better, and unless were focused, we`ll lose it.

This is a critical moment in our season, do we grab the potential, or let is slip through our fingers.

Kiso isnt doing the bizz. Stearman can play RB, sheehan LB, put maybury in the holding role, and let joey float from box to box.

Dublin was poor tonight, he losty 75% of headers and was the main contributor to moments of panic in the centre of defence.

Being fair to Dublin, Nils and McCarthy would also have lost 75 per cent of headers (and most other defenders in the Championship in all probability. The way to deal with high balls travelling down the pitch is to shadow but then move off the striker and pick up the pieces, using a covering defender as insurance, as was MON's policy against people like Duncan Ferguson.

The vital thing, though was to cut out the crosses and we didn't do that sufficiently. Full-backs, however good, need assistance at times and that wasn't going to come (effectively) from Sylla.

Like I warned, we still have two or three weaknesses in our team, and Sylla is one. Smith/Hammill are a better wing pair because Hammill covers better although tonight I'd have played Stearman right midfield for reasons I explained elsewhere.

The weaknesses are Douglas, Kisnorbo and the playing of individuals out of position.

There was so much good about the way we played tonight - but we really have got to develop a winning mentality to go with our football.

Stoke were all but dead and gone at 2-1 and had Joey's shot which beat the keeper but hit the bar and Smith's so-close effort shortly after gone in, we'd have been waxing lyrical about the new dawn.

But it didn't and before the anti-attack boys start pointing at goals conceded we lost two at home to Stoke when they had 10 men and lost 3-2 away last season - both we our much more defensive basic strategy.

No, Levein has moved forward. This, like Sheffield and like Leeds by all accounts was a bloody good advert for football, a good advert for our club and a good advert for most of our players.

How much better were we for thinking about our free-kicks. Wonderfully inventive, that goal by Joey, and other planned moves showed promise. Corners were played to feet and looked far more creative. Keep up the good work.

Hume and Hammond gave Stoke defender's a nightmare, ably assisted by the elusive Smith but our almost total command in the second half suddenly disappeared when our concentration slipped and when we stopped covering close, when we stopped stiffling crosses from the flanks and because certain players lost their discipline and composure.

If Levein is to persist with 4-4-2, and why not, I will say it again and for the 1000th time. We will start to win when a) we put Sheehan at left back and stop playing people out of position, and b) when we drop Sylla and use Smith right midfield with Stearman inside him, plus Joey and Hammill (until we sign better).

An alternative is to play one roving winger (Smith) and have Stearman, Joey and Williams/Hughes in midfield.

In that way all our players would be effective (and good purposeful passers) whereas, as present Sylla and Kisnorbo are not.

We are so close to having a decent side now with decent style, but we cannot afford blatant weaknesses because it means we keep losing by the odd goal.

There was so much good about the way we played tonight - but we really have got to develop a winning mentality to go with our football.

Stoke were all but dead and gone at 2-1 and had Joey's shot which beat the keeper but his the bar and Smith so-close effort shortly after gone in, we'd have been waxing lyrical about the new dawn.

But it didn't and before the anti-attack boys start pointing at goals conceded we lost two at home to Stoke when they had 10 men and lost 3-2 away last season - both we our much more defensive basic strategy.

No, Levein has moved forward. This, like Sheffield and like Leeds by all accounts was a bloody good advert for football, a good advert for our club and a good advert for most of our players.

How much better were we for thinking about our free-kicks. Wonderfully inventive, that goal by Joey, and other planned moves showed promise. Corners were played to feet and looked far more creative. Keep up the good work.

Hume and Hammond gave Stoke defender's a nightmare, ably assisted by the elusive Smith but our almost total command in the second half suddenly disappeared when our concentration slipped and when we stopped covering close, when we stopped stiffling crosses from the flanks and because certain players lost their discipline and composure.

If Levein is to persist with 4-4-2, and why not, I will say it again and for the 1000th time. We will start to win when a) we put Sheehan at left back and stop playing people out of position, and b) when we drop Sylla and use Smith right midfield with Stearman inside him, plus Joey and Hammill (until we sign better).

An alternative is to play one roving winger (Smith) and have Stearman, Joey and Williams/Hughes in midfield.

In that way all our players would be effective (and good purposeful passers) whereas, as present Sylla and Kisnorbo are not.

We are so close to having a decent side now with decent style, but we cannot afford blatant weaknesses because it means we keep losing by the odd goal.

:thumbup:

What a hugely remarkable difference between posts. :D

i feel sorry for leiven and i felt sooooo sorry for joey, he worked his fcukin bollo cks off yet again tonight, i can totally understand him running off down the tunnel straight away!

CL picked a good team tonight, nothing wrong with it atall, i thought dublin played well but he got caught out, and we lost coz of it, but to fair i dont think Mcarthy could have stopped them headers either, but i do feel henderson NEEDS to be in goal!

and i think Gerrbrand looked lost without Mcarthy tonight, because they have built a good relationship together at CB, maybe thats why things got a bit cuffeled back there!

Dublin was poor tonight. Kisnorbo was worse. Neither should be skipper.

Joey has a shout.

Passion, fitness, running, ever-presence, lack of fear. He's the only candidate in my opinion. I think it makes Paddy a bit over the top, but he's also a candidate.

Agreed :thumbup:

JOEY FOR CAPTAIN!!!

Johanson is our most experienced player of leadership quality, capable of doing the job. Macarthy will be in the future, if he can controll his booking ability. Joey for all his enthusiasm, was like the whole team when their 2nd went in, couldnt/wouldnt grasp things and make a stand like a cheif.

When times are bad, you need a carm and collected individual to say, i`ll dictate the play, get stuck in and dictate the flow of the game. Someone that will make others feel comfortable about things, settle the team, a positive influence.

It has to be a central midfielder, and i believe maybury can play there and do that job. Sit in front of the back 4, dictate the play, hes confident in tackling, and he has a decent footballing brain.

He was easily our best player last season, a real influence in helping us play well. At the moment, were stuck in a rut, with potential to do better, and unless were focused, we`ll lose it.

This is a critical moment in our season, do we grab the potential, or let is slip through our fingers.

Kiso isnt doing the bizz. Stearman can play RB, sheehan LB, put maybury in the holding role, and let joey float from box to box.

Quite amusing you only pop up after a game you have seen on TV or a home game, gives me an indication of how many games u go to.

Alan Maybury is a right back, always has been always will be.

Craig Levein has made it quite clear Sheehan isnt't going to play ( god only knows why ) so forget that idea completley.

Congratualtions Lush you have actually made the most stupid comment ever with your first paragraph, Joeys head dropped like the rest of our team, wasn't that a team that had Alan Maybury in it? refer back to the first comment, he was bad enough tonight in the postion he has played all his career never mind moving him to a postion he is unused to playing. Johanson is our most experinced leader? Explain to me how, a few games for Blackburn and a reserve bench warmer at Bayern, who is now at the age of 25 does not make him a leader.

Dublin is quite clearly our most experinced leader, it's a shame he is no longer able to cut it at this level. Quite possibly any level.

Im annoyed with tonight I dont think the game was really that gooder advert for our team at all, we created little apart from our goals, we failed to deal with their strike force and we failed to play our game effictively for sustained periods.

it was obviosus when our foot came off the gas, we couldnt get out of our own half for 7 mins before Stokes goal.

It's also a reasult that pretty much confirms ( to even the most optomstic fan ) we are going to be playing teams like Southend and Huddersfield next year.

Tharcian im glad you find us losing two on the trot so entertaing. I really don't care what the netural thinks, I was alot happier watching us at 2-1 then 2-2 or 3-2.

i feel sorry for leiven and i felt sooooo sorry for joey, he worked his fcukin bollo cks off yet again tonight, i can totally understand him running off down the tunnel straight away!

CL picked a good team tonight, nothing wrong with it atall, i thought dublin played well but he got caught out, and we lost coz of it, but to fair i dont think Mcarthy could have stopped them headers either, but i do feel henderson NEEDS to be in goal!

and i think Gerrbrand looked lost without Mcarthy tonight, because they have built a good relationship together at CB, maybe thats why things got a bit cuffeled back there!

Ive given up on praising Joey, I don't know why but for some reason everyone seems to throw insults at him week in week out for doing nothing apart from being the best player on the picth.

i thought dublin played well but he got caught out, and we lost coz of it

i dont think Mcarthy could have stopped them headers either

You mean apart from not defending their latter goals, he played well, yeah i can dig that.

Why dont you? macarthy has desire, hunger, he`ll fight for the ball and can play 90mins.

You mean apart from not defending their latter goals, he played well, yeah i can dig that.

Why dont you? macarthy has desire, hunger, he`ll fight for the ball and can play 90mins.

Spelt incorrectly.

Also, it wasn't all Dion's fault. The side as a whole let themselves down as I've pointed out in earlier posts. We stopped pressing, we didn't pick up the men, the full backs in particular gave the wide players too much space and quality balls in (due to a lack of closing down) gave us problems.

As I've said before, if your latest scapegoat is Dublin, fair enough. But when he's gone, who will you then blame? Because its not just his fault.

I'm just waiting for your thread about how cr ap Joey was this week. :rolleyes:

Quite possinly because they had Bongura up front, who will win most headers as his is very good in the air hence his one million pound transfere fee.

then again if you knew anything about football you would already know that :blink:

Spelt incorrectly.

Also, it wasn't all Dion's fault. The side as a whole let themselves down as I've pointed out in earlier posts. We stopped pressing, we didn't pick up the men, the full backs in particular gave the wide players too much space and quality balls in (due to a lack of closing down) gave us problems.

As I've said before, if your latest scapegoat is Dublin, fair enough. But when he's gone, who will you then blame? Because its not just his fault.

I'm just waiting for your thread about how cr ap Joey was this week. :rolleyes:

Seconded

Don't bother mate, I'm not anymore. Lush has his (cr ap) views and won't budge on them, in fact, he'll just post the same over and over and over again.

We'd better stop posting our opinion though in the face of stubborn, brainless opposition.

It's happened before.. we'll be accused of bullying.

yeh mcarthy has them things, but all i am saying is their first header goal seriously that was a pretty imense looking goal from where i was sat, maybe i should of looked harder, but ok maybe i am wrong! i would put mcarthy at CB any day but lets not forget he was suspended, dion tryed the best he could!

Archived