Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

The former Celtic pair...

I don't want to be too negative about tonight's result but I feel that these two seriously let themselves down and have been doing so on more than the one occasion so far this season.

Firstly, Rab continually comes off his line and goes to ground either resulting in a penalty or a very good penalty shout for the opposition. he's too slow to come off his line. What does Paul Henderson have to do to get a game for the first team? He made some excellent saves in the carling Cup game at Cardiff and, by all accounts, has been putting in some excellent performances for the reserves. I don't think he did anything wrong when he played for the first team,so why drop him when Rab was available once again?

Secondly, I feel that Momo Sylla has contributed very little to the team this season. He regularly loses possession, he's not strong enough to hold off his marker and the quality of his final balls is below par. Tbh, I don't know who should take his place because from what I heard, Hamill was poor up at Bolton, but if we get another striker in January then I think Elvis should be moved out wide because he will cause many more problems to the opposition than Sylla has been.

Two other very quick points that I noticed from watching the game on Sky, Kisnorbo, whose job it is to break up the opposition's attacks and play the simple ball, seemed to break up our attacks at times by either passing the ball back instead of forward or passing to the opposition. He needs to be much more disciplined if he's to play that role and although I think he's been excellent for us recently, Gerrbrand needs to show a little more composure on the ball at times. He had time to take the ball down and make a good pass but instead tried to head the ball clear or hoof it up in the air. He's set himself high standards and he's got to live up to them.

Agree with most of what you said Jonblue. Sylla and Douglas were poor again - Sylla just can't be arsed and his attitude stinks. It was a disgusting piece of play from him which led to their goal. Douglas may have a good attitude and look like he cares but he's simply not good enough imo.

Leicester have been blessed over the years for having some top class keepers - not only going back to Wallington, Shilton, Banks etc but recently Kevin Poole, Keller, Aprhexad, Flowers and Walker were fantastic goalies. Douglas isn't good enough to lace their boots.

He has cost us so many goals this season and I don't think the defenders have any confidence in him at all - one example was when Stearman could have played a backpass to Douglas but instead booted it out under little pressure. It says it all.

Lets be reasonable, all Peggy did was save a few penalties, he was hardly a 'fantastic goalkeeper'.

You are right though, we have been blessed in recent years notably with Keller, Walker and especially Flowers so to have Rab 'clanger' Douglas as number 1 is slightly depressing.

In January we need a new right winger so badly. Sylla is awful. How can one go from being so amazing and skillful (Celtic friendly) to being so lazy, constantly losing possession and failing to create anything?

I think Sylla may manage to do something good only if there is no marker at all on him. Even so, he looks like the kind of player that is inconsistent by definition. I have yet to be impressed by him.

I don't want to be too negative about tonight's result but I feel that these two seriously let themselves down and have been doing so on more than the one occasion so far this season.

Firstly, Rab continually comes off his line and goes to ground either resulting in a penalty or a very good penalty shout for the opposition. he's too slow to come off his line. What does Paul Henderson have to do to get a game for the first team? He made some excellent saves in the carling Cup game at Cardiff and, by all accounts, has been putting in some excellent performances for the reserves. I don't think he did anything wrong when he played for the first team,so why drop him when Rab was available once again?

Secondly, I feel that Momo Sylla has contributed very little to the team this season. He regularly loses possession, he's not strong enough to hold off his marker and the quality of his final balls is below par. Tbh, I don't know who should take his place because from what I heard, Hamill was poor up at Bolton, but if we get another striker in January then I think Elvis should be moved out wide because he will cause many more problems to the opposition than Sylla has been.

Two other very quick points that I noticed from watching the game on Sky, Kisnorbo, whose job it is to break up the opposition's attacks and play the simple ball, seemed to break up our attacks at times by either passing the ball back instead of forward or passing to the opposition. He needs to be much more disciplined if he's to play that role and although I think he's been excellent for us recently, Gerrbrand needs to show a little more composure on the ball at times. He had time to take the ball down and make a good pass but instead tried to head the ball clear or hoof it up in the air. He's set himself high standards and he's got to live up to them.

:thumbup:

troulbe is sylla can play well and we have seen it, he takes people on, but when he looses the ball thats it he stops! and Rab seriously he has to go, he doesnt seem to have enough confidence and he has done that slow out and catching players in the pen box what 3/4 times this season, and fair dues some aint been pens like tonight, but he shouldnt be doing it

troulbe is sylla can play well and we have seen it, he takes people on, but when he looses the ball thats it he stops! and Rab seriously he has to go, he doesnt seem to have enough confidence and he has done that slow out and catching players in the pen box what 3/4 times this season, and fair dues some aint been pens like tonight, but he shouldnt be doing it

In all fairness it was a penalty tonight at first i thought not but it was, although if Rab knew what he was doing or was more alert and quicker off of his line this wouldn't have happened.

Totally agree with that assesment of Sylla, he's got a lot of skill and contrary to what many say he does chase the ball a lot and tries to close down players, especially when we are attacking. I wouldn't say he's lazy exactly, but he has moments where he just seems to loose interest and doesn't seem to put that extra bit of defensive effort in when it's most needed. Time after time we've seen him dither on the ball or try to take on too many players when he's got the ball only to loose it and then give up instead of trying to get the ball back. The cross into the box for Stokes goal tonight was a prime example. That's what's so frustrating about Sylla, for all the good things he does he consistently lets himself down.

Rab, well, yet again he let himself be suckered into giving the penalty, he should of stayed on his feet and continued to cut down the angle, the goal mouth was covered. I agree, it's time Henderson stepped to the fore.

Lets be reasonable, all Peggy did was save a few penalties, he was hardly a 'fantastic goalkeeper'.

You are right though, we have been blessed in recent years notably with Keller, Walker and especially Flowers so to have Rab 'clanger' Douglas as number 1 is slightly depressing.

You never saw his debut against Chelski then. ;):thumbup:

In all fairness it was a penalty tonight at first i thought not but it was, although if Rab knew what he was doing or was more alert and quicker off of his line this wouldn't have happened.

Spot on Bertfox - but there was no excuse for Gerrbrand's header to give them possession. It was so poor and so unexpected by supporting players that they were all played out of the game.

You never saw his debut against Chelski then. ;):thumbup:

I'l never forget that save where i think Zola or someone took the freekick, was going top corner with real pace, and he just plucked it out and held it :huh: not a clue how he did it.

In less than a quarter of the games Sylla has had, Smith has probably created 4 times as much chances as him!

For now until January, replace Sylla with Hammill, to see what he can do.

a right winger in Jan is hopefully one of Levein's targets.

Craig has said he expects Henderson to be challenging Rab for a place in the first team, so I do think he will be played before the season is out. Unfortunately that will probably be too late.

Thing is, Henderson is 30 I think. Not exactly young

In less than a quarter of the games Sylla has had, Smith has probably created 4 times as much chances as him!

For now until January, replace Sylla with Hammill, to see what he can do.

a right winger in Jan is hopefully one of Levein's targets.

Craig has said he expects Henderson to be challenging Rab for a place in the first team, so I do think he will be played before the season is out. Unfortunately that will probably be too late.

Thing is, Henderson is 30 I think. Not exactly young

I've felt Hammill is the better bet for a while. Not that he's any good (I've no idea why we signed him) but he poses more of a goal threat, does cross a decent ball and his defensive work, while hardly notable, is more reliable.

I do think the guy tries but he doesn't seem to have the heart, the raw courage to be a winger and keep trying to attack his man. Nor does he have the skills or the burst of raw speed needed to carry him past his marker.

But for now he carries more threat unless you play with Smith free to play either wing, two utility midfielders (Joey and Stearman) plus a creative one (Hughes/Williams/even Tiatto as a left-side safety valve). That's arguably 4-3-3.

With Sheehan at left back well able to move forward and deliver crosses, I still no problem with the Smith as the single winger, based left side and using Maybury/Stearman down the right.

This DOES avoid us having weak players and, if we're going to turn defeat into victory, we need to do that. Sylla and Hammill are both weak. So is Kisnorbo.

How I see it:

Henderson;

Maybury, Dublin, Gerrbrand, Sheehan;

Stearman, Joey, Tiatto, Smith

Hume, Hammond.

The reason I favour Tiatto in this line-up is to assist Sheehan defensively (saving Smith energy he cannot afford to waste as the only winger) and to offer (with Sheehan) left sided crosses when Smith moves to the right.

There's good defensive cover, good passing and good movement, plenty of skill and a genuine goal threat.

Above all there's no lack of heart, passion and energy.

IF LEVEIN WANTS TO START WINNING GIVE HIM THIS TEAM. IT'S OUR BEST ON CURRENT FORM AND THE SYSTEM SUITS THE STYLE OF THE PLAYERS AVAILABLE.

But we must play the same tactically as against Stoke because there is no aerial threat whatsoever.

Not that I think we have any great aerial threat anyway.

I know Tiatto will be controversial but our only options there are Hammill (not a 90-minute player), Williams (even more so, and not good defensively) or Hughes (never fit yet and too risky).

Tiatto has the ability and I'd send him out with precise instructions about his duties and a warning that if he did anything irresponsible (like giving away needless free-kicks) he'd be out of the side permanently.

Joey, in this team, would still be free to go forward and Maybury/Stearman would naturally interchange.

i blame the manager.

he brought them here , he has kept them in the first team because their play certainly has not.

when craig arrived he said he would try to bring in players of premier quality , shame he struggles to bring in players of championship quality <_<

Archived