Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wrighty22

Middlesbrough

• 2 weeks later...

It's madness. This season is a prime opportunity to grow the fanbase as fewer fans will be up for Championship football than they will the Prem, and it's a matter of weeks before we most likely are in a position to officially secure a return. Games like Boro and QPR should be going to General Sale while there are still empty seats available. I for one have a four-year-old who, in recent weeks, is desperate to see a game and I don't know how I'm going to do it without spending £50 on memberships for us both for fewer than 10 home games remaining before having to do the same again next season, with no guarantee of tickets once we're playing Manchester City and Liverpool again instead of Rotherham and Plymouth.

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's madness. This season is a prime opportunity to grow the fanbase as fewer fans will be up for Championship football than they will the Prem, and it's a matter of weeks before we most likely are in a position to officially secure a return. Games like Boro and QPR should be going to General Sale while there are still empty seats available. I for one have a four-year-old who, in recent weeks, is desperate to see a game and I don't know how I'm going to do it without spending £50 on memberships for us both for fewer than 10 home games remaining before having to do the same again next season, with no guarantee of tickets once we're playing Manchester City and Liverpool again instead of Rotherham and Plymouth.

Where as I might get shot down, I can understand your frustration but I don’t see the point of refusing a membership.. if you want to take your son to the high profile games, I would get a membership, try to go to 2-4 games this season.. then when you renew you get 10 points.. so that’ll be 15 priority points (35+ get first picks then it drops to 15+).. 

Surely you will get to the games that way? That’s if you can of course 

Edited by MS0204
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Where as I might get shot down, I can understand your frustration but I don’t see the point of refusing a membership.. if you want to take your son to the high profile games, I would get a membership, try to go to 2-4 games this season.. then when you renew you get 10 points.. so that’ll be 15 priority points (35+ get first picks then it drops to 15+).. 

Surely you will get to the games that way? That’s if you can of course 

Becasue buying a membership to go to 3 games a season increases the ticket price by 30% or more. 

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Becasue buying a membership to go to 3 games a season increases the ticket price by 30% or more. 

But the way I see it, it benefits you next season with the ten renewal points in order to to go to the Man City and arsenal 

1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

I ain’t sure what your meant to be saying with that? 

In short, the membership scheme is not fit for purpose - I cannot go to most games, but would be able to consider more if they didn't build layers of costly difficulty so often. The ground should have room for everyone for the hardcore ST holders to those fans of 40 years or more that want to support from afar when time and money allow.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

In short, the membership scheme is not fit for purpose - I cannot go to most games, but would be able to consider more if they didn't build layers of costly difficulty so often. The ground should have room for everyone for the hardcore ST holders to those fans of 40 years or more that want to support from afar when time and money allow.

Totally agree, but the original poster didn’t give any details as to where he was based, how many times he could attend etc, I simply gave what I thought would be the easiest way to get tickets to the higher profile games next season.. if x person lives afar and only wants to attend once when man united visit then it may be expensive and not worth it but someone who visits regularly then membership is surely the way forward.. original poster also gave examples of Man City and Liverpool instead of Luton and Burnley lol

5 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Totally agree, but the original poster didn’t give any details as to where he was based, how many times he could attend etc, I simply gave what I thought would be the easiest way to get tickets to the higher profile games next season.. if x person lives afar and only wants to attend once when man united visit then it may be expensive and not worth it but someone who visits regularly then membership is surely the way forward.. original poster also gave examples of Man City and Liverpool instead of Luton and Burnley lol

OK, so we're slightly at cross purposes here - I get it. I think the club set up makes it very all or nothing, and membership doesn't really do much to alleviate the nothing side of things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bilo said:

Absolutely a chance to grow the fan base when they are proposing to extend the stadium with another 8,000 seats - this club really is barmy at times. So many useless twonks  who have no idea of how to run a football club. 

The Membership Scheme should be as easy as possible and cheap i.e no more than £20 possibly a tenner adults and I'd suggest under 10 / 12's are free - possibly a fiver for under 18s. 

It should also give members chance to get discounted match tickets as well as other benefits including priority for season tickets

Members should also be encouraged to bring their friends and family to games - make getting match tickets easier and get the prices down too    

It really isn't that bloody difficult. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2