Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

22 hours ago, JadeFalcon said:

both Mavididi and Fatawu need dropping.... all show and absolutely no product from them for almost the whole match, both are like dogshit versions of Mahrez a million stepovers mean nothing if you get no end product, get Albrighton back for a start who can actually put in worthwhile crosses. and dont get me started on Faes

its my Birthday and i've had to suffer that shocking display, its bloody disgusting

Your birthday was yesterday congratulations, and please start on Faes, I really like to read your honest opinion

37 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This is the best footage i have found for the first goal (taken from Mayan vlog). I can't get any other footage to stop the moment the ball is hit. Its tighter than i remember at the game for sure, and we are always screaming for VAR to give those to the striker. Nelsons positioning is all wrong which is a shame as overall he had a decent game. 

image.png.1ef3d854e173e858752b6f2cb98a8886.png

I watched the replay on the concourse at half time and it looked a mile off.

Small side note - At half time why did we turn the sprinklers on and drench an already soaking wet pitch the end we were shooting?

I mean it's been a pet hate of mine for some time that some of our players can't stay on their feet on pitch that's suffering drought - the opposition rarely seem to slip or fall over but our lot do.

It was a wet day anyway and then we go and drench it even more, perhaps it was in hope QPR players slipped, made a mistake and let us in but it was the same for both teams yet they weren't slipping and we were.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

This will be one roller coaster to the end of the season.  Being honest I think we have shit it. Yesterday we were so easy to play against.  Qpr had us sussed.  Keep the middle of the park tight forcing us out wide. We then produced nothing. Abdul spraying shots into the stands or mavididi doing 15 step overs to dolly a limp ball into the box. Everything  is so rigid.  No interchanging.  No pulling there players out of position. Losing ricardo  means they only have to concentrate on winks. KDH on the right side  is a waste.   Shut that  passage down and the midfield battle is won.  Cannon off the ball is half arsed. Sort of presses  but not enough to impact anything.  I know it's not the future but we now need some old heads in the mix to see us over the line. Albrighton,  coady and vardy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxy DK said:

We don’t have much patience, do we?

I know it’s a football forum where people voice opinions, but I think the manager has earned a little faith. Maybe before posting just entertain the thought that he just might have a better idea about the strategy and tactics than Joe behind the keyboard…

edit: ie, if a problem is obvious to you, it’ll be obvious to him too.

He is being defended by some because ...."this is his first real job".... by others... "he knows better."..

Some of his comments are....

"It is what it is"

“I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after, I will leave. It’s so clear. No doubts." 

His style is boring, it is functional football, but hes been given room because it had been working, however it is no longer working, weve been figured out and his changes.. if there are any, are not making a positive impact. He needs some advice from experienced heads and he needs to listen to that advice, look at his style ands ask... is it right for every opponent, do we have the players to succesfully implement it.

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

He is being defended by some because ...."this is his first real job".... by others... "he knows better."..

"It is what it is"

“I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after, I will leave. It’s so clear. No doubts." 

His style is boring, it is functional football, but hes been given room because it had been working, however it is no longer working, weve been figured out and his changes.. if there are any, are not making a positive impact. He needs some advice from experienced heads and he needs to listen to that advice, look at his style ands ask... is it right for every opponent, do we have the players to succesfully implement it.

Does Pep ever change things up? Genuinely not paid much attention to Man City in recent years to notice. 

Clearly it doesn’t matter to them given the quality of their squad. Which we don’t have here.

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Does Pep ever change things up? Genuinely not paid much attention to Man City in recent years to notice. 

Clearly it doesn’t matter to them given the quality of their squad. Which we don’t have here.

Yes he does, he is on record as saying wiht injuries etc, we will have to change the way we play.

Enzo is NOT Pep

The calibre of players we have do not allow us to dominate the game the way Man City does (possesion does not = domination) and we need to adjust especially when we have injuries to important players. But Enzo doesnt change, before, during or after the game.

I like much of what he is trying to implement, but his style is boring to watch most of the time, its franchise football aimed at getting the most points without a concern for how they are achieved.

Now, TBF for a lot of people, the result is all that matters... and McDonalds is perfectly fine food. Im not one who cares for degaustation menus etc. but i like to be entertained when i watch my team.

In the end, it seems many who cried about Rodgers and his happy clappers are now just Enzo happy clappers.

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

"It is what it is"

Considering we've been figured out we had enough chances to beat Middlesbrough and Leeds. QPR was the only one where we looked like we hadn't got a clue about how to break them down. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Considering we've been figured out we had enough chances to beat Middlesbrough and Leeds. QPR was the only one where we looked like we hadn't got a clue about how to break them down. 

yep, we also won the possesion stats

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Good reply mate. You're trying to be funny as you haven't a genuine response.

FYI we didn't have more possession against Leeds.

Genuine response... boring football losing three on the spin... 2 of them to relegation fodder

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Genuine response... boring football losing three on the spin... 2 of them to relegation fodder

So boring that we've already created more big chances than Burnley over the whole of last season and are top scorers in the league?

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Probably need to make your mind up as to what you class as boring, as against Leeds we made less passes than them and had less of the ball. And you still haven't backed up how we've been "found out" when Middlesbrough and Leeds let us have a number of very good chances (weird tactic to allow that if we've been rumbled)

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Probably need to make your mind up as to what you class as boring, as against Leeds we made less passes than them and had less of the ball. And you still haven't backed up how we've been "found out" when Middlesbrough and Leeds let us have a number of very good chances (weird tactic to allow that if we've been rumbled)

I enjoyed the Leeds game (excluding the result obviously) do you think that game was respresentative of our style and games played this year?

Just now, ozleicester said:

I enjoyed the Leeds game (excluding the result obviously) do you think that game was respresentative of our style and games played this year?

And you've still not answered how sides have found us out but have proceeded to allow us numerous chances.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

And you've still not answered how sides have found us out but have proceeded to allow us numerous chances.

They let us play our boring game.. and then they BEAT us

Chances (big or otherwise) are irrelevant if you lose

Do you enjoy trhe way we are playing?

Edited by ozleicester

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Let us play our boring game by assuming we'll miss big chances, okay brother. Good job you aren't getting a job as a tactician anytime soon. It can be boring at times yes, never denied that.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

46 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The calibre of players we have do not allow us to dominate the game the way Man City does (possesion does not = domination) and we need to adjust especially when we have injuries to important players. But Enzo doesnt change, before, during or after the game.

So you think he doesn't adapt at all

Then you say this and imply he did just that

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

So you think he doesn't adapt at all

Then you say this

Ill try to explain... he continued to play the same game, but Leeds played us differently so he didnt change his game to suit the opponent.

Just now, ozleicester said:

Ill try to explain... he continued to play the same game, but Leeds played us differently so he didnt change his game to suit the opponent.

You implied the style wasn't representative of us this season, but now you're saying the style was the same it's just because Leeds played differently so we didn't actually change at all. I think you're forgetting what you're actually saying and having to back track as you just seem arsed about slagging the bloke off.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You implied the style wasn't representative of us this season, but now you're saying the style was the same it's just because Leeds played differently so we didn't actually change at all. I think you're forgetting what you're actually saying and having to back track as you just seem arsed about slagging the bloke off.

rea it again...feel free to test your comprehension skills.

Im not slagging, Im suggesting he needs to look at alternatives.

But the happy clappers are taking offence.

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

rea it again...feel free to test your comprehension skills.

Im not slagging, Im suggesting he needs to look at alternatives.

But the happy clappers are taking offence.

Hard to comprehend when someone changes their opinion on something when called out on it. I just asked how teams had found us out but as part of those tactics allowed us numerous chances, QPR fair enough but one side restricting us is hardly found out.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

This

We should have beaten Leeds and Borough. It was dodgy finishing (again!) that let us down.

QPR was a different matter altogether, which was why I posted after the game that it was really bad result for us, not only the score, but how we played. It was the first time really this season that I’ve seen us clueless. 
QPR had won the previous three (I think?) but aren’t a good side, even at this level. Not being able to overcome them, at home, when earlier we’d seen Leeds only draw, was very disappointing.

But you’re right. If you really watched the Leeds and Borough games, we were the better side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Making chances is never irrelevant.

It’s not making chances that starts the worry. Aka QPR.

if we are making them, we’ll take them at some point.

I expect us to batter someone before too long personally.

• Like 1