Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

I bet you yall want to come to the party,when we get promoted..

You can see from this week I felt today would recoil on us…

And we would struggle..

Sunderland we stand up & drive forward, black cats will be lucky for us

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

QPR did their homework which was to watch the Boro game. We looked like a team who did their homework in the bus even though we knew it hadn't worked last time. Maresca was hoping for better and more clinical finishing and didn't get it for the second home game in a row. We play Norwich on April 1st.. I'm guessing they will utilise the same plan as will every team who come to the KP from now on. 

Then we have to try something else, there were signs today it is on the cards,  but we will see over the next few games.

3 hours ago, Tomo260 said:

We absolutely deserved to lose. Vile, flat performance all round 

i dont think we did, i dont think we deserved to win either, think a draw would have been fair

they wasnt better than us today at all;

• Like 1

Perhaps we should learn from the occasions we have unsuccessfully tried to sit on a 1-0 lead and try the tactics that Leeds, Ipswich, Cov etc used against us. OK they had some luck, but in part that was the result of periods of major, sustained, pacy pressure. Like Liverpool routinely play. I guess we just don’t have enough athletic, if limited, players to do that. 

Just back after taking my 8 year old Grandson to his very first game and match day experience!..

That performance has left me speechless!!

So sad for Albie who's been looking forward to this day (he's autistic, so I knew the environment would be a challenge for him!).

Can someone explain what actually happened today.... I'm still in shock.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scarthin said:

Perhaps we should learn from the occasions we have unsuccessfully tried to sit on a 1-0 lead and try the tactics that Leeds, Ipswich, Cov etc used against us. OK they had some luck, but in part that was the result of periods of major, sustained, pacy pressure. Like Liverpool routinely play. I guess we just don’t have enough athletic, if limited, players to do that. 

We just don't play fierce aggressive free flowing attacking football. It's more slow possession based. I'm not sure Maresca will or can change the way we play that dramatically.. We haven't blown any team away and won by five or six apart from Stoke with a couple of penalties thrown in. 

• Like 1

I never want city to lose but against Middlesbrough I accepted it as we threw everything but the kitchen sink at them at 0-2.  

Today though it was poor.  The team didnt seem to know what to do when they were behind.  I never really went along with the "Enzo has no plan B" comments before but today I can't help but agree.  You CANNOT play the way you play at 3-0 up, patiently passing the ball at the back, when you are behind.  You have to inject more urgency, sometimes play it long and most of all, deliver the ball into the box at every opportunity.  We just didn't and when we did the final ball was dogsh*t.  

But.....I've been doing this football lark a long time, I've seen far worse and the squad (not team, as it's time for a few changes) is still capable of winning this league.....they just need a big no nonsense kick up the arse.  3 league defeats on the trot is not acceptable for a team with ambitions of winning the league.

• Like 2

Absolute shambles today and playing to the wings to cross in was playing exactly into their hands.

We should be top with the squad we have. Most people on here thought that Casadei was a hindrance anyway. Blaming Rudkin has no relevance to how bad we were today. Three defeats in a row is what mid table teams go through not Winners.

Simply not good enough. There is not one QPR player that would get anywhere near our team and yet it was so comfortable for them.

Enzo needs to show how good a manager he is. Time to stop the slide.

• Like 2

We missed Vestie and Ricardo today - Madividi and Justin combo was shocking (again). Thought KDH played too far forward first half and was able to create a little more second half.  Madividi is showing why he’s failed at so many clubs; flashes in a forest of dross. He’s been completely off it for a while.

We still play as if goals are a natural consequence of possession when they need to be wanted and worked for - I’m not sure we display a hunger for goals in and of themselves. Was the case under BR too. No stiker since Vardy in his prime has had a real hunger to score at every opportunity.

We’ve deserved the results of late unfortunately. Feeling a bit flat but we can still put together a run of good results but need to refresh something.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Just back after taking my 8 year old Grandson to his very first game and match day experience!..

So sad for Albie who's been looking forward to this day (he's autistic, so I knew the environment would be a challenge for him!).

the result aside, how did you grandson find the whole experience? Would he like to go again?

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I love Enzo and think he is doing an incredible job but for me it’s a risk to be playing a 19 year old centre back in the end of season run in when you’ve got an ex England centre back who’s still in his prime in the squad. Nelson almost cost us for a 3rd goal at the end when he was booked also. Like I say Nelson is gonna be an unbelievable player but needs must at this point in the season. 

Okay I will bite ….is he really doing an incredible job?

For me we have the deepest squad in the division and have had from the start of the season ……..undoubtedly we have won a lot of games but against teams you would expect with our squad …..we are definitely not getting better - less pressing, pace and dynamism and for me top drawer managers adapt and have plans b,c and even a d. 

EM I fear is stubborn and it was blindingly obvious today we were getting no quality out wide and aimlessly crossing for Cook et al to head clear was hopeless as everything was slow and ponderous with it all in front of there back four.

Kel is the one player who offers something different and he leaves him out of the squad.

My biggest concern is the manager and he is rattled and the next 6 games will give us insight into can he adjust - imagine being this predictable in the prem - down by Xmas!

I desperately hope I am wrong but from the word go he has said we play one way and he has stuck by it!

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

the result aside, how did you grandson find the whole experience? Would he like to go again?

Thanks for asking.

I found the traffic and parking horrific!!!! that part was stressful (but I'm getting a bit old to cope with that sort of thing!).

Trying to put the result and awful performance aside, Albie enjoyed his day, loved the fan store and coped really well with the environment.

The walk back to the carpark was horrible, having to navigate through the QPR supporters who were quite aggressive and loud for him.

Getting the car out of the carpark..40 mins!

Then the traffic around the ground was utter chaos. 

He says he'd like to go again, but I've got to be honest, I found taking him very stressful.😪

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I’m so sorry the next 60 years you’ve inflicted on Albie. Hope he managed to enjoy the shitshow regardless

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Is he even that quick any more?

Not particularly. But the alternative is possibly Doyle - who is positively glacial in the speed department 😞

• Like 1

It’s a shame this season is going the way I feared. Enzo has done a great job lifting the club out of the doldrums, but his stubbornness and intransigence seem liable to plunge us back into it. 

We have a team well capable of executing Enzo ball and winning most matches. We played some awesome football at Leeds and lost 3-1. We created a lot against Middlesbrough but were poor in front of goal. Today we were truly dogshit, like we didn’t believe in ourselves at all. That is majorly concerning. 

Enzo is unlikely to change his approach because that would mean admitting that his style doesn’t work in every situation. Then what?  

Sunderland is absolutely make or break. 

• Like 3

Just watched highlights hmmm, I see the comments regarding Nelson  fair for 1st goal. KDHs movement when the ball goes across goal was pretty woeful for me, get in front of the man. If u are in Chairs position with no defenders around be lazy wait for the ball, he wasn't attack the ball.

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Interesting that enzo didn’t come out and say we deserved more which he has said after every lost this season. Just “it’s a bad feeling” 

Also said that we need to find different ways to score.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Okay I will bite ….is he really doing an incredible job?

For me we have the deepest squad in the division and have had from the start of the season ……..undoubtedly we have won a lot of games but against teams you would expect with our squad …..we are definitely not getting better - less pressing, pace and dynamism and for me top drawer managers adapt and have plans b,c and even a d. 

EM I fear is stubborn and it was blindingly obvious today we were getting no quality out wide and aimlessly crossing for Cook et al to head clear was hopeless as everything was slow and ponderous with it all in front of there back four.

Kel is the one player who offers something different and he leaves him out of the squad.

My biggest concern is the manager and he is rattled and the next 6 games will give us insight into can he adjust - imagine being this predictable in the prem - down by Xmas!

I desperately hope I am wrong but from the word go he has said we play one way and he has stuck by it!

Enzo is a decent manager and 25 out of 32 wins says he did a great job but I do think he is a bit too stubborn at times. There is an element of hubris about his persistence in continuing to follow a philosophy which has served him well but now things are going pear shaped I hope he embraces change and realises opposition teams have worked out how we play and why it was so successful in the first part of the season.    

• Like 1