Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

32 minutes ago, eblair said:

I’m so sorry the next 60 years you’ve inflicted on Albie. Hope he managed to enjoy the shitshow regardless

Brilliant.....and so true!  My cousin said come to the city with me when I was 13......and it's certainly been a roller coaster.  I could have gone with Liverpool who were winning everything at the time like the lads at school.  All things considered though, I'm glad I didn't.....it certainly hasn't been boring.

Glad young un enjoyed it.  

As unfortunate as we were at Leeds, today we got what we deserved. Frustrating as QPR offered nothing, but were clinical. We love to throw a 14 point lead away. Today was abject. Play like today and we’ll throw automatic away. Tough games still to come, we’ve given a shot in the arm to the chasing pack. When Mavididi and Fatawu aren’t clicking, we have nothing in reserve. I’d have hooked Mavididi for Albrighton. Thought we missed Vestergaard today. Hope Ricky P is back soon 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

It’s the managers job to sort. Let’s hope he can 👍🏻

Let’s see how much he and squad can learn 

& stand upto their own standards they built over the season.

Fundamentally my biggest issue with the system is we just don't look creative, and  dynamic. 

This is modern football, but in our own half. Keeping safe, possession football.

When we win. It feels like a passable experience. When we lose or draw, it feels like we haven't tried.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

At a time that does not matter. Only matters where we are at the end of the season, and our trajectory is not looking good. Over the last 10 we have been getting 1.6 points per game, a massive decline on our early form, and surpassed by all of our rivals at the top, by a considerable distance. Only going one way at the moment.

All true but 1.6 points per game until the end of the season gets us to 96 points, which you'd hope would see us finish second at least. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutley fcking shit. That one is on Enzo for the team selection. Start Coady and play a leader ffs. Bottling the league 100 percent. Hamza and Justin providing the creativity with 25 to go.. are you fcking sure?

The two subs whi came on today should've started (Vardy/Cannon), especially against 'resolute defence' opponents. Baffling. Was/is Iheanacho injured??

It’s quite clear to me that the pressure has got to them. 

It’s all well and good saying “we will be fine” and “you have days like this it’s football” but having been so strong all season, there’s no reason for us to be falling away like this. Key players are getting injured, other key players aren’t performing.

The result bothered me, but, what really bothered me was the post match reaction… the players slumped to their knees…. There was a concerning look of dejection on their faces, I think this team has cracked, three really dreadful defeats in a row has puncture a hole in our sails. I’ve got no confidence at all in us now, I don’t think we will get anything from Sunderland, Hull or Southampton and by then we’re properly up a creek. 

Any confidence at the moment is blind in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

In the last 2 home games we've had 42 shots whilst the opposition have had just 8 and yet we've lost both games, scoring 2 and conceding 4.

:jawdrop:

Only shot I remember us having today was the goal 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont think we did, i dont think we deserved to win either, think a draw would have been fair

they wasnt better than us today at all;

There lies our problem we can’t heuk out a draw,

it’s been a difficult lesson for us. 
plus we have to show we can turn games in our favour.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

It felt like today we didn’t shoot at all. 

We didn't shoot at the right times. Got in great positions over and over but then made the wrong decision. Stats say we had 18 shots today. QPR had 3 supposedly but I can only recall the 2 for their goals if I'm honest. 

1 minute ago, iann1982 said:

Time for a reaction from Enzo.

Shake the starting 11 up for Sunderland. We need the fight and spirit we had against Bournemouth.

We appeared to show spirit against Bournemouth because we were willing to take risks in an open and entertaining game. I think Enzo could tolerate that only because it was the Cup.

Was very tough today, and it felt like we offered very little over the course of the game. QPR were clinical. 

Biggest difference today from the last 2 losses were that we didn't really create changes, let alone putting them away.

Work to do and need to turn it around and quick.

15 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

All true but 1.6 points per game until the end of the season gets us to 96 points, which you'd hope would see us finish second at least. 

It's unlikely. 

This is not a normal season. The levels are so high.

Though this game I felt was coming,

we can’t get flustered and shoot off

like mardy brats. We have to stand by our

team,that has delivered majority of the season.

This is the time the team needs us & we need

to stamp & staple that steadfast belief…

The record points are not the priority,but what’s on

the crest of the horizon.

Ok this is the  last I’m gonna dwell on this lot before I pack it all away and salvage something of my weekend that hasn’t gone boobs up.

Against Sunderland we need wilf and Ricardo back. We need experience in the form of coady, Vardy and albrighton from the start! We need Enzo to give a pre game team talk to the squad that no longer says we will be fine or it’s okay to lose or we are still top and good enough to cruise this promotion. What we need Enzo to do is give a proper Italian fire breathing wake up call with alarm bells ringing at max volume!

stick up photos of the chasing pack all around the changing rooms. Whatever it takes to get them motivated. It is do or die time, must must must WIN!  End of.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

it is exactly relegation threatened teams you lose against, as they are so fighting hard.

Errm we've lost 3 in a row to Leeds (top 3)

Middlesbrough (mid table) and QPR (bottom 4)...

Maybe top, middle and bottom teams are exactly the ones you lose against as they are so..... Able to work us out? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We didn't shoot at the right times. Got in great positions over and over but then made the wrong decision. Stats say we had 18 shots today. QPR had 3 supposedly but I can only recall the 2 for their goals if I'm honest. 

Thing is, I don’t even think we created anything today really. Can’t remember a really good chance? Just got into good areas and did nothing with it 

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Though this game I felt was coming,

we can’t get flustered and shoot off

like mardy brats. We have to stand by our

team,that has delivered majority of the season.

This is the time the team needs us & we need

to stamp & staple that steadfast belief…

The record points are not the priority,but what’s on

the crest of the horizon.

We can stand by them, but the reality of the situation is we’ve an inexperienced manager, a team that seemingly have lost all self belief and losing games they really have to win. 

There’s an alarming lack of ideas coming from the team at the moment from top to the bottom. 

It’s obviously not over, but we’ve been here before, the signs aren’t good, and I don’t have any faith in us at all, personally I think we’ve already blown it, and it’s just in the process of unfolding. 

Think we need some sort of perspective here. We’ve lost 3 in a row, that’s concerning. 

However, the last 6 shots on target against us have all gone in. 

Middlesbrough had 2 on target, 2 goals. We lose that 1-2. 

Leeds have 3 on target, 3 goals. We lose that 3-1. 

QPR have 2 on target, 2 goals. We lose that 1-2. 

We’ve had games where we’ve been lucky earlier in the season but we don’t seem to be getting the run of the green at the moment. Deflected goals against our rivals seem to be the norm. We’ve lost key players at crucial times. We also have a number of players who have woeful consistency. 

Yet, despite that we’re still top. Some on here go on like we’re 15 points outside the playoffs. 

We may still blow it but the stats suggest we’ll come good.