Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Think we need some sort of perspective here. We’ve lost 3 in a row, that’s concerning. 

However, the last 6 shots on target against us have all gone in. 

Middlesbrough had 2 on target, 2 goals. We lose that 1-2. 

Leeds have 3 on target, 3 goals. We lose that 3-1. 

QPR have 2 on target, 2 goals. We lose that 1-2. 

We’ve had games where we’ve been lucky earlier in the season but we don’t seem to be getting the run of the green at the moment. Deflected goals against our rivals seem to be the norm. We’ve lost key players at crucial times. We also have a number of players who have woeful consistency. 

Yet, despite that we’re still top. Some on here go on like we’re 15 points outside the playoffs. 

We may still blow it but the stats suggest we’ll come good. 

I think people are overreacting by saying we have been sussed out. Against Boro and Leeds we won 4-2 and 3-0 respectively on big chances. Statistically it is a real outlier that we lost both games but that's what can happen in a low scoring game like football. As for today, I still think a defeat is harsh given how little QPR offered going forward (25% possession, 3 shots all game), but we were very poor in terms of creating chances. We controlled virtually the whole game, played some nice build up football, got into great areas a lot, but repeatedly chose the wrong option at the key moment. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

**** me I’m absolutely seething.

In sick to death of this rubbish ruining my weekends. 

I can handle losing when we fight but the mentality of the players and coaching staff over the last 3 years has been appalling.

Off to the Co-op for some Alcohol and chocolate 😂

Absolutely agree….wine choc n cheese is my therapy.

losing today and 3 on the spin is unacceptable and I don’t see automatic anymore.

livid 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think people are overreacting by saying we have been sussed out. Against Boro and Leeds we won 4-2 and 3-0 respectively on big chances. Statistically it is a real outlier that we lost both games but that's what can happen in a low scoring game like football. As for today, I still think a defeat is harsh given how little QPR offered going forward (25% possession, 3 shots all game), but we were very poor in terms of creating chances. We controlled virtually the whole game, played some nice build up football, got into great areas a lot, but repeatedly chose the wrong option at the key moment. 

Just look at the way the QPR players were throwing their bodies in the way of our shots compared to our players for QPR’s second and the Leeds deflected goal. Our lads need to scrap for everything in games and not just think they’ll turn up and win/see games out.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

“We won on big chances”? Wtf is this. We didn’t score our chances against Middlesbrough and Leeds, end of. Lost.

Earlier in the season teams weren’t taking their chances against us (if Coventry had Gyokeres still they’d have beaten us at home) but now they are. All a team needs is one goal against us and we don’t look like we are going to equalise. Created nothing today. Against Leeds, created a lot but couldn’t finish. No need for excuses, just not good enough.

Not making excuses, just putting a counter argument to the claim that we've been sussed. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Just back after taking my 8 year old Grandson to his very first game and match day experience!..

That performance has left me speechless!!

So sad for Albie who's been looking forward to this day (he's autistic, so I knew the environment would be a challenge for him!).

Can someone explain what actually happened today.... I'm still in shock.

We played Brenzo ball and were punished for our boring ignorance yet again

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I could forgive Middlesbrough as a bit of a freak. I could forgive Leeds for the most part, even despite the now habitual collapse at the end of the game I conceded that tactically we'd played it well for the most part. But when you accumulate those and a loss at home to QPR I'm getting seriously twitchy.

It feels like we've swapped from one extreme to the other - from a strong defence that can punish on the counter, (through a mess with BR), to a solid possession side that can then be beaten by the counter.

3 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

It feels like we've swapped from one extreme to the other - from a strong defence that can punish on the counter, (through a mess with BR), to a solid possession side that can then be beaten by the counter.

7 goals conceded in 3 games. Regularly conceding late goals. We're definitely not as solid as we thought we were - even at this level.

Really am fed up of being let down. Really does feel like our mantra as a club in the last four years is falling short. Just how do you recover the blow of bottling this?

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We can stand by them, but the reality of the situation is we’ve an inexperienced manager, a team that seemingly have lost all self belief and losing games they really have to win. 

There’s an alarming lack of ideas coming from the team at the moment from top to the bottom. 

It’s obviously not over, but we’ve been here before, the signs aren’t good, and I don’t have any faith in us at all, personally I think we’ve already blown it, and it’s just in the process of unfolding. 

Love to have you has a motivations speaker,

or Working ,tappers & Shunting social club at the Somme

or colour Segeant at Isandlwana..

Not wanting to state the obvious you muppets..
We should recognise he is an inexperienced  manager in his first

managerial/coaching season & squad

It seem to me this IS the time where one begins to support & encourage,

when doubts begin to step in,movement not quite clicking.

I would say it’s better to get behind them & not at them…

11 games to go..so many  disappointed with frustrating tears

because we might fail with the the pts record….Title & promotion will suffice.

We are British,with Agincourte,Dunkirk,Battle of Quebec,Battle of imphal,

and battle of Sunday afternoons ,of who bloody-well makes the tea.spirit!!

We don’t leave the brawling brats to our wives in the middle of the Airport,

or shopping Mall, we support & pick them up…

we show them who’s boss and buy them Pizza n ice cream..!!

The Championship is there to take.      :trumpet: ……:scarf:

Some spilt milk,nothing serious..

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

7 goals conceded in 3 games. Regularly conceding late goals. We're definitely not as solid as we thought we were - even at this level.

Really am fed up of being let down. Really does feel like our mantra as a club in the last four years is falling short. Just how do you recover the blow of bottling this?

By going out and deliver promotion…

Be careful of the fox who got his bush singed…

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Possession is nothing though, didn't we win the Premiership with about 30% in many games? I'm certainly not a doubter at the moment but it wasn't good against QPR in quite a lot of ways. 

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Possession is nothing though, didn't we win the Premiership with about 30% in many games? I'm certainly not a doubter at the moment but it wasn't good against QPR in quite a lot of ways. 

We've become obsessed with all of the things that we've proven ourselves don't matter. Spent that long looking into Spurs that we've become a worse version of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes it’s true of course, but we were a perpetual underdog so nobody was remotely considering parking the bus against us, but you know this I am sure. :)
Possession has two purposes in my limited mind, 1)  to pass to get towards goal or 2) to retain it to prevent goals.
If the second reason occurs without the first, it gets frustrating and pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We've become obsessed with all of the things that we've proven ourselves don't matter. Spent that long looking into Spurs that we've become a worse version of them.

Apart from a handful of teams I doubt  many would come to us and try to dominate the ball and attack us. 

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Love to have you has a motivations speaker,

or Working ,tappers & Shunting social club at the Somme

or colour Segeant at Isandlwana..

Not wanting to state the obvious you muppets..
We should recognise he is an inexperienced  manager in his first

managerial/coaching season & squad

It seem to me this IS the time where one begins to support & encourage,

when doubts begin to step in,movement not quite clicking.

I would say it’s better to get behind them & not at them…

11 games to go..so many  disappointed with frustrating tears

because we might fail with the the pts record….Title & promotion will suffice.

We are British,with Agincourte,Dunkirk,Battle of Quebec,Battle of imphal,

and battle of Sunday afternoons ,of who bloody-well makes the tea.spirit!!

We don’t leave the brawling brats to our wives in the middle of the Airport,

or shopping Mall, we support & pick them up…

we show them who’s boss and buy them Pizza n ice cream..!!

The Championship is there to take.      :trumpet: ……:scarf:

Some spilt milk,nothing serious..

I’ll support the team, of course I will. But I like many are terrified at the prospect of failing to get promoted, and the potential ramifications of that. 

And I may as well say it, in my opinion it won’t happen, we’re not going up automatically so we’re going to have to rely on the play offs which we won’t cope with.

Why do I think this? Because what will change? Nothing, Enzo has his Philosophy and won’t change anything. Hamza will continue to play despite the fact he shouldn’t even be at the club anymore, Coady will continue to sit on the bench and we miss his leadership and promotion experience. And we will continue to try and pass our way to promotion, whilst those around us are scrapping for either safety or promotion themselves. 

The fact some fans on here are clinging to fact “we’re playing teams in 13-14th with nothing to play for”. I can tell you every team we play regardless their position will want to contribute to our collapse. 

So I will support the team, but equally I’m terrified of the outcome. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm a huge Fan of Enzo but he got it badly wrong today. Firstly with the Starting lineup and secondly when he brought Yunus on for Praet.

We now Vesty was going to be a big loss, But he should have used Coady for his greater expereinced alongside the relatively inexperienced Faes.

That was his first mistake but he compounded it by switching KDH to the right and bringing Yunus on in the 10 role when Praet went off injured.

We have a very inexperienced Team to begin with and to lose Vesty and Ricardo the 2 most experienced players we have who play regularly.

Coady should have been used from the start for his experience, Not that Nelson done a lot wrong apart from the Goal.

Coady I'm sure is repected by the squad and so would have been accepted by the players providing leadership from the back.

I thought Enzo must have reliazed KDH is the best 10 in the league and much more comfortable on the left.That was the mistake that ultimately cost us today.

He was lost on the right and Yunus was lost on the left Which left us relying totally on Daka up top. The Team lost it's way from that moment on and never recovered.

I can't understand why Enzo done what he did but also failed to change them back when it clear that it wasn't working.

The natural cohesion went out of the Team which lead to to many mistakes particularly in forward positions.

I know injuries have depleted our squad but now is not the time for experiments, We need to get back to basics , Go with experience at the back, play players where they are most comfortable.

Work on the positives, instill confidence in the players , encourage them to express themselves as they showed against Bournemouth. 

This is typical Leicester, We never do things the easy way. We need to get back on track before the whole season unravels.

Leadership has to come from the top. Time for Enzo to step up and deliver that cogent leadership asap.

Amen, great post. 

• Like 1

That results gives every team that comes here the confidence they can get a result with a minimal ease we cannot break teams down and that’s down to our formation at home.

The gap is now 5 points and that’s poor showing, we need to have more energy at home and have a willingness to shoot. If we don’t score the first goal and get another we rarely win at home. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Apart from a handful of teams I doubt  many would come to us and try to dominate the ball and attack us. 

Which is why playing two teams in the top half away from home, may actually be a blessing in our current predicament.

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll support the team, of course I will. But I like many are terrified at the prospect of failing to get promoted, and the potential ramifications of that. 

And I may as well say it, in my opinion it won’t happen, we’re not going up automatically so we’re going to have to rely on the play offs which we won’t cope with.

Why do I think this? Because what will change? Nothing, Enzo has his Philosophy and won’t change anything. Hamza will continue to play despite the fact he shouldn’t even be at the club anymore, Coady will continue to sit on the bench and we miss his leadership and promotion experience. And we will continue to try and pass our way to promotion, whilst those around us are scrapping for either safety or promotion themselves. 

The fact some fans on here are clinging to fact “we’re playing teams in 13-14th with nothing to play for”. I can tell you every team we play regardless their position will want to contribute to our collapse. 

So I will support the team, but equally I’m terrified of the outcome. 

I agree with all of this part from what happens next. We have had blips before but always had such a cushion of points both literally and in the minds of fans and those who care about the club. But we haven’t seen a loss of momentum like this before under Enzo. He has stuck with his philosophy albeit with minor tweaks but he has made player changes and switched when they have not delivered. I think we are all just as hurt and upset with the current trajectory but let’s see what tweaks and changes are made in terms of tactics and strategy as clearly it’s not working.  I don’t think wholesale changes are needed but we need to restore confidence quickly in all areas of the pitch. I do think the return of ndidi and Vesty for example will help but now we have to show resilience and belief to reset our mindset and build again. It’s still in our hands and all to play for. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2