Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harboro

Millwall (A) - Tuesday 9th April @ 19:45 - Live on Sky Sports

11 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

How are people planning on getting back into central London (St Pancras/Euston stations etc) after the game to get home with all this train disruption? 

Is this gonna be an utter ball ache or pretty straight forward?

13 hours ago, bluearmy99 said:

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/05/travel-update-for-millwall-v-leicester-city/

No trains from South Bermondsey. Surrey Quays bout 15 mins walk from The Den or Canada Water bout 25 mins seem best options. Then it’s bout 30 odd minutes back to Kings Cross

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris_OGrady said:

No Sorry, I meant around South Bermondsey. If the last train from London Bridge gets you into South Bermondsey at 5.30pm, you would have around 2 hours to kill around there before the match

Haha do not hang around South bermondsey or the docks with a non SEL accent on a matchday. Drink in LB then walk down, you have plenty of time. Pint of Harvey's at the market porter, whatever is on rotation at the rake, ale at the bunch of grapes, pie and lager at the george and a stein at katzenjammers to finish off. Much better than a carling and a 'look' at blue anchor bermondsey

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha do not hang around South bermondsey or the docks with a non SEL accent on a matchday. Drink in LB then walk down, you have plenty of time. Pint of Harvey's at the market porter, whatever is on rotation at the rake, ale at the bunch of grapes, pie and lager at the george and a stein at katzenjammers to finish off. Much better than a carling and a 'look' at blue anchor bermondsey

Yeh I didn't really have much intention hanging around there 2 hours before kick off lol. Interestingly though, there's a few taprooms nearby which would be open for Sat 3pm kick off.

Looking for one extra ticket to this one. I’ve got an international membership so I can buy 1 ticket, but my friend doesn’t have a membership and we’d love to go. 72 pounds for 1 game (international membership cost + ticket price) is quite steep though… would be very grateful if anyone could help us get an extra ticket, thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Yeh I didn't really have much intention hanging around there 2 hours before kick off lol. Interestingly though, there's a few taprooms nearby which would be open for Sat 3pm kick off.

Bermondsey beer mile is a very good circuit, for another day!

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the away ticket collection is like for this?

Apparently mines been lost in the post so the club are arranging a duplicate for collection. Last time I went there was that cage thing segregating the route to the ground for away fans. So hope I don't have to go into the home side to get it!

5 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Any decent safe establishments between Bermondsey Tube and the New Den mate?

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Also wondering this. First time using coach and it’s leaving fairly early so would ideally want somewhere to get a pint somewhere decent instead of going straight in ground for one. 

Going to the game, want to be safe walking to the ground as I’m London based (& a girl) anyone know where the entrance for the away fans is/ best route to get into the away stand?

2 hours ago, l444ry said:

The Greg on the corner of Jamaica road used to be ok but no idea on a matchday. If I were you I’d drink in LB then uber to the away fans ‘cowards walk’ entrance at south Bermondsey train station. Seems pointless going from lb to Bermondsey on the tube then walking to the den 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Also wondering this. First time using coach and it’s leaving fairly early so would ideally want somewhere to get a pint somewhere decent instead of going straight in ground for one. 

Not sure there's anywhere on a match day nearby you'd want to go to without going towards London Bridge. The coaches drop you right off at the turnstiles as well so it's a mission to go anywhere if the trains aren't running from South Bermondsey. There is an away fanzone through the turnstiles though with concourse bars, outdoor bar and food. 

2 hours ago, elfox said:

Going to the game, want to be safe walking to the ground as I’m London based (& a girl) anyone know where the entrance for the away fans is/ best route to get into the away stand?

Hope this helps....

As you are walking avoid approaching from the north as there some really dark tunnels and an grotty underpass. Defo avoid at night.

Obviously I don't where in London you will be walking from but you need to approach ground walking along the Bolina Road from the South and the Away secure compound and entrance will be on your right.

The Den-01.jpg

Edited by Rodney Fern_8
  • Like 1

Hello!

London fox Looking for just the one ticket for the game if any spares going? I live close to the Den (for my sins!) so can pick up at the ground or close too. 

aint been to the Den since Ranieri's last game (fa cup loss), those bloody millwall fans were a rum bunch that day!

7 hours ago, Atheonseye said:

My London-based Mate suggested getting off at Queens Road Peckham could be a good idea, do you reckon its a better bet than London Bridge and Walking ?

Definitely a shorter walk. I’ve done this before when leaving the ground as it’s 5 mins further than Surrey Quays but less busy. Will just depend what your connections are like to queens road but if you can get there easily then it’s a good shout. Also quite easy to get to away end coming from that direction. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, goody2028 said:

They will probably put you right in the compound where the fanzone is 

13 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Good luck, I used fox travel for Bournemouth in 2016 and have never used it since. Sucks the life out of you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Good luck, I used fox travel for Bournemouth in 2016 and have never used it since. Sucks the life out of you.

not used it since 97 for the Wimbledon semi final when I was 16, at least we could drink in those days but the buses were so shit and loads moaning because we were drinking and having a laugh. no toilets usually in those days either. i'd rather walk than use any 'dry' transport lol

Edit - just reminded me that day, for some reason the buses went through central London and shock horror got caught in rush hour traffic, pre mobile phone days as well so sure I remember the bus "steward" using a phonebox to try and ring back to the club to say all the buses were stuck and to try and get kick off put back. A few jumped off the bus so 6 of us followed suit thinking we'd just flag a black cab down (not thought through as we'd be in the same traffic) like in the movies. We were in Brixton at this point and still remember the "oh fukc" moment when I asked some massive rasta dude where Selhurst Park was and he just said, that's far man. We ended up running and trying to hitch a non-existent black cab down. Unbelievably a Wimbledon fan drove by and saw us and stopped to give us a lift, 6 of us all piled in his car, with his first words "what the fukc are you lot doing round here" lol  

Edited by guest123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

yeah i can’t say it was first choice but means must lol