Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Smith loan Spell Extended

Smith Loan Spell To Be Extended

0,,10274%7E2798201,00.jpg

Leicester City have today confirmed that they will be taking up the option in January to extend Ryan Smith's loan spell until the end of the season. The 19-year-old winger has made a huge impact both on and off the field since arriving from Premiership giants Arsenal back in September.

He has so far made eight appearances for the Foxes and helped himself to one goal.

His pace, skill and flair has added a new dimension to the City attack and Smith is delighted that the two clubs have been able to extend his deal at the Walkers Stadium.

The highly-rated teenager said: "I really feel part of everything and not just on the fringes and that's why I am delighted to be staying until the end of the season.

"When I return to Arsenal I want to go back knowing I have done a good job at Leicester.

"But I am not just here to learn. I have come to make an impression."

Manager Craig Levein is also pleased that Smith will remain a City player until the end of the campaign and believes there is still more to come from him.

He added: "We are grateful to Arsenal for allowing us to do the deal.

"Even though he's done well for us so far in games, from what I've seen on the training ground there's still more to come from him.

"I'm not usually a fan of loans without a view to making the deal permanent, but in this case I feel it's justified.

"Obviously Arsenal will reap the rewards in the long run, but for now we're getting the benefits."

This has come as a real suprise, Arsenal have not been doing so well of late, I thought that Ryan would be on the fringes of the Arsenal SQUAD.

It is a nice touch for Wenger to let a medicore Championship side let him use his services on loan, Never in 100 years would i think that we would get him premanentely.

Its a crying shame that LCFC have 'balls it all up' this season as I can see the fruits of CL labour by bringing the 'yoof' through, and this would have been quite exciting on the run up to the end of the season.

I know a stream of wins could really change the picture but Ryan has really done wonders since coming here.

Ryan, thanks for the good work so far.... long may it continue.

CL get another player of his ilk' as the forward you desire and then watch the team fly up the table.

Silly mistakes have cost LCFC dear this season lets hope this balances out!

So fustrating!

The only reason we have him is because Arsene thinks the reserves are too easy for him.

There was no way we were ever gonna keep him.

Like you say it was never going to happen. Our best policy is to do right by him, make him thoroughly welcome, appreciate what he does and hopefully, both the Arsenal club and the Arsenal players will be keen for one or two more of their youngsters to head our way while they are honing their talent.

great news - when are you next on telly?

I do wonder if Lupoli could be set for a loan deal after we crash out of the carling cup..

FA Cup 3rd round against Spurs! I assume Arsenal will be happy for him to play for us in the FA Cup now we've got him for the season.

Archived