Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bergen fox

Nigel for the last 4 games?

52 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

No!

Get real, we have moved on and so should you!

...but we haven't moved on. We have regressed both on the field and off it. 

Big Nige is everything Enzo could only dream of becoming and sadly we probably don't deserve him with Rudders still at the helm. 

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I have too much respect for him to see this black hole suck him up as well. Maybe he can kickstart our rebuild when we have actual owners again.

Issue is, if they really don’t intend on selling then we need someone like Nigel in the club to offset their clown show. 
I’d like to see someone like Pearson come in and manage us, but if we can’t do that someone at board level like Claude Puel as DOF. 

If the ownership aren't going to sell someone has to come in to babysit them.

Would be sad to see Pearson come in and his legacy be tarnished this time around, but we might just need him or someone like him next season if we spurs this.

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I doubt we can afford to sack a cleaner, let alone the entire management/coaching team. Plus we haven’t got the balls for it. But in the mind-bubble of my alternative reality, rolling the dice and asking Nige to motivate them for a couple of games is no more a risk than letting this shit-show continue. Sometimes the real risk is doing nothing. 

It’s not a case of not being able to though is it? I think we have the money to be able to sack him, it just puts us further in breach of financial rules, but I think monetarily we can do it right? 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Issue is, if they really don’t intend on selling then we need someone like Nigel in the club to offset their clown show. 
I’d like to see someone like Pearson come in and manage us, but if we can’t do that someone at board level like Claude Puel as DOF. 

If the ownership aren't going to sell someone has to come in to babysit them.

Would be sad to see Pearson come in and his legacy be tarnished this time around, but we might just need him or someone like him next season if we spurs this.

He'd do his best but this club is rotten. We have some of the most inept owners and board in English football and absolutely nobody will convince me otherwise.

Maresca is a total fraud but he's a symptom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He'd do his best but this club is rotten. We have some of the most inept owners and board in English football and absolutely nobody will convince me otherwise.

Maresca is a total fraud but he's a symptom.

Yep I think you’re completely right. So all we can do is hope someone can come in and drag us through. 
Danny Röhl is currently working in a very similar situation, that squad and club has absolutely no right to be on the fringes of safety, the club is rotten at the top but Danny has come in and almost built a seperate entity where the dressing room is a fortress and he’s shielded the players from the circus, players were not even being paid when he walked through the door, but he’s a really likeable guy and the fans have got behind him and his players whilst completely revolting against the ownership

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Yep I think you’re completely right. So all we can do is hope someone can come in and drag us through. 
Danny Röhl is currently working in a very similar situation, that squad and club has absolutely no right to be on the fringes of safety, the club is rotten at the top but Danny has come in and almost built a seperate entity and shielded the players from the circus, players were not even being paid when he walked through the door, but he’s a really likeable guy and the fans have got behind him and his players whilst completely revolting against the ownership

Football isn't dull enough for these owners. Nor is he a client of the agent who basically runs our business. Nice idea though.

I loved Nigel and what he did for the club.

But let’s not forget in 2012/13 we ended jan top and won 3 in 17.

The thing that Nigel would do is try something different at least.

56 minutes ago, teblin said:

I loved Nigel and what he did for the club.

But let’s not forget in 2012/13 we ended jan top and won 3 in 17.

The thing that Nigel would do is try something different at least.

That team wasn’t best paid in league, with embarrassing resources compared to others.