Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bergen fox

Nigel for the last 4 games?

I've always been against the idea of Pearson coming back for a third spell but could it be worse than keeping Maresca just for four games and a tilt at the play-offs when we miss out on automatics? I henuinely think that this teams just needs a sense a simple approach and a sense of urgency. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Obviously we're not sacking him before season's over, but wonder if the embargo would mean we couldn't hire anyone even we wanted to. 

Think that's specific to registering players, not the actual act of hiring any staff. I think theoretically we could purchase a player, we just wouldn't be allowed to register them which would render it pointless.

I doubt we can afford to sack a cleaner, let alone the entire management/coaching team. Plus we haven’t got the balls for it. But in the mind-bubble of my alternative reality, rolling the dice and asking Nige to motivate them for a couple of games is no more a risk than letting this shit-show continue. Sometimes the real risk is doing nothing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Obviously we're not sacking him before season's over, but wonder if the embargo would mean we couldn't hire anyone even we wanted to. 

Still a better option than persevering with the Bald, arrogant dickhead.

Just now, weller54 said:

Still a better option than persevering with the Bald, arrogant dickhead.

Bit harsh. Just give that starting 11 another 50 games and I reckon it'll click. 

I don't think changing a manager would sort anything really, look at the state of what happened last year. Weeks of caretakers ballsing it up then Dean Smith brought in weeks too late, and it still made barely any difference. I think there is a fundamental lack of care that surrounds everything at the club, from the top down to the players, that means that whoever is in charge, the result will be the same. The place just stinks of complacency and carelessness in everything they do.

Nigel is the man who put this place into the right mindset for its ascent to the top of the mountain, but even he's not sorting out this barrel of rotten apples inside a few weeks. We either get lucky, the players manage to get their fingers out their backsides and drag out a few more wins and we roll our bloated corpse over the finishing line, or Leeds and Ipswich do the job, we fail the playoffs and descend into an ungodly hellworld of points deductions, embargos and off the pitch upheaval next season that results in us trapped inside the Championship (or maybe lower if things really hit the fan). Based on everything we've seen of how the club has operated over the last 2 years, I think it only comes down to lucky fluke or oblivion, and given half a chance LCFC will steer straight towards oblivion and stick their foot on the accelerator without even realising they are doing it. Nothing can stop the runaway train now, it's past the point of no return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

I don't think changing a manager would sort anything really, look at the state of what happened last year. Weeks of caretakers ballsing it up then Dean Smith brought in weeks too late, and it still made barely any difference. I think there is a fundamental lack of care that surrounds everything at the club, from the top down to the players, that means that whoever is in charge, the result will be the same. The place just stinks of complacency and carelessness in everything they do.

Nigel is the man who put this place into the right mindset for its ascent to the top of the mountain, but even he's not sorting out this barrel of rotten apples inside a few weeks. We either get lucky, the players manage to get their fingers out their backsides and drag out a few more wins and we roll our bloated corpse over the finishing line, or Leeds and Ipswich do the job, we fail the playoffs and descend into an ungodly hellworld of points deductions, embargos and off the pitch upheaval next season that results in us trapped inside the Championship (or maybe lower if things really hit the fan). Based on everything we've seen of how the club has operated over the last 2 years, I think it only comes down to lucky fluke or oblivion, and given half a chance LCFC will steer straight towards oblivion and stick their foot on the accelerator without even realising they are doing it. Nothing can stop the runaway train now, it's past the point of no return.

It absolutely would change everything. It would instantly lift the spirits. Back to basics. None of this inverted nonsense crap, or full backs that don’t support the wingers, or picking the same incompetent players, or woeful substitutes (or lack of). Get rid. 4 games to save our season (and potentially the future of our club with the way our finances are). Shit or bust 

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

It absolutely would change everything. It would instantly lift the spirits. Back to basics. None of this inverted nonsense crap, or full backs that don’t support the wingers, or picking the same incompetent players, or woeful substitutes (or lack of). Get rid. 4 games to save our season (and potentially the future of our club with the way our finances are). Shit or bust 

This assumes someone in charge who is willing to make decisions, be decisive, and get a new manager in quickly before it's too late. We have Jon Rudkin and Top on the case. You get whoever this year's equivalent of Adam Saddler is (Willy Caballero perhaps) in charge for 3 of those games as caretaker playing the same players in the same tactics, because the people at the top of the tree are completely oblivious to everything going to shit around them.

It's a nice fantasy, but you know it's never happening in a million years. We're going to be properly Rudkinned and there's nothing we can do to stop them from doing it.

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Unfortunately not good enough without Shakespeare beside him.

could we not get him as well? walsh can stop dossing about in the states . get the band back together 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1