Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Collective

Fosse Collective - an alternative represenation

Guest leatherhead32
6 minutes ago, Fosse Collective said:

Hi there, my name's Fraser.

I've recently been finding myself increasingly frustrated, like many of you, at the lack of transparency and engagement from our Football Club.

Over the last 18 months, or slightly longer, there has been a growing sense that the club, or at the very least, the people in charge of it, are out of touch with the regular match going fan, oversaw a relegation from the Premier League which could have been avoided with direct action much sooner without any consequence to board members, and have been treating their supporters more as customers and with increasing lack of respect and disdain.

Whilst both Union FS and the Foxes Trust do an excellent job of lobbying for the fans, amongst many other good things (charitable work, overall improvement of atmosphere etc), for many supporters it can be hard to find a way to get their voices heard amongst these platforms, either because they feel they may not identify entirely with UFS (not through lack of engagement on their part may I add), or because of the paywall and representation from the Foxes Trust. On my part, I have felt that the statements, action, and in some instances transparency, from the Foxes Trust to be frustrating and not go far enough.

As a result, I have decided to found the Fosse Collective. This is an entirely free, open to tall supporters group which aims to provide an alternate representation of fans view to add to the overall discourse in holding the club to accountability, and engaging the club on topics which matter to supporters. 

The idea is simple. There's strength in numbers. For those that want their voices heard, join together, find unity in the topics which matter and present view points to the club alongside voices which are already existing. If you are part of either UFS or The Foxes Trust, your points of view are still welcome. The intention isn't to divide, but to join alongside, and offer a firm, fair and balanced view to the club, chasing accountability and engagement with the shared views of the collective.

To view more, please visit: https://fossecollective.co.uk/

Our statement on the recent price changes for 2024/25 season tickets and the physical ticket fee can be found here: https://fossecollective.co.uk/f/statement-2425-season-ticket-prices-physical-card-charge

The short term aim is for as many people as possible to sign up (for free) to the mailing list, and contact with issues which are important to them. As often as possible, we will send out requests for views relating to specific areas of the club, so we can put these back to the club appropriately.

The medium term aim is to hold events for like-minded supporters to share their views in person, whilst maintaining dialogue with fellow supporters groups for an aligned approach where relevant.

The long term aims are to lobby for better fan representation across the board at the football club, whilst engaging in community projects, holding revenue raising events, electing roles within the collective more formally with voting process, and charity fund-raising.

I am happy to answer any questions.

This may not be my area of expertise - forgive me if you have any feedback (hopefully constructive!), but I feel like if you want change you have to start somewhere. 

my heart aint in it now or dont have the energy mate  but good on yer and best of luck too , fantastic your trying something , that goes to ufs and foxes trust too . at least you all care.:thumbup::appl:

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Have you gone for associate or affiliate membership out of interest? 

Having read into post joining the Foxes - it's an absolute headache 

At the moment associate as essentially it's a non-democratically run group until we have sufficient members to put in place a level of democratic process. The ultimate aim would be to move to affiliate should there be sufficient progress. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I wonder whether the club will, understandably in my opinion, say they can only engage with a limited number of fan groups. 

We have a tiny number of fan groups, there's basically 3, and then 2 more single issue groups. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I wonder whether the club will, understandably in my opinion, say they can only engage with a limited number of fan groups. 

Understand the viewpoint, but we are actually in the minority. Leeds have 6 for example, West Ham have 17.

All listed below.

https://thefsa.org.uk/about/affiliates-and-associates/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidmark said:

I've always believed that we should have some sort of committee on here that get together as a supporters club. 

Foxestalk is without a doubt the largest collective of fans online of our club. We could do something great. (Happy to come up with something and help plan it if it got some sort of backing) 

Agree.

1 hour ago, Fosse Collective said:

Hi there, my name's Fraser.

I've recently been finding myself increasingly frustrated, like many of you, at the lack of transparency and engagement from our Football Club.

Over the last 18 months, or slightly longer, there has been a growing sense that the club, or at the very least, the people in charge of it, are out of touch with the regular match going fan, oversaw a relegation from the Premier League which could have been avoided with direct action much sooner without any consequence to board members, and have been treating their supporters more as customers and with increasing lack of respect and disdain.

Whilst both Union FS and the Foxes Trust do an excellent job of lobbying for the fans, amongst many other good things (charitable work, overall improvement of atmosphere etc), for many supporters it can be hard to find a way to get their voices heard amongst these platforms, either because they feel they may not identify entirely with UFS (not through lack of engagement on their part may I add), or because of the paywall and representation from the Foxes Trust. On my part, I have felt that the statements, action, and in some instances transparency, from the Foxes Trust to be frustrating and not go far enough.

As a result, I have decided to found the Fosse Collective. This is an entirely free, open to all supporters group which aims to provide an alternate representation of fans view to add to the overall discourse in holding the club to accountability, and engaging the club on topics which matter to supporters. 

The idea is simple. There's strength in numbers. For those that want their voices heard, join together, find unity in the topics which matter and present view points to the club alongside voices which are already existing. If you are part of either UFS or The Foxes Trust, your points of view are still welcome. The intention isn't to divide, but to join alongside, and offer a firm, fair and balanced view to the club, chasing accountability and engagement with the shared views of the collective.

To view more, please visit: https://fossecollective.co.uk/

Our statement on the recent price changes for 2024/25 season tickets and the physical ticket fee can be found here: https://fossecollective.co.uk/f/statement-2425-season-ticket-prices-physical-card-charge

The short term aim is for as many people as possible to sign up (for free) to the mailing list, and contact with issues which are important to them. As often as possible, we will send out requests for views relating to specific areas of the club, so we can put these back to the club appropriately.

The medium term aim is to hold events for like-minded supporters to share their views in person, whilst maintaining dialogue with fellow supporters groups for an aligned approach where relevant.

The long term aims are to lobby for better fan representation across the board at the football club, whilst engaging in community projects, holding revenue raising events, electing roles within the collective more formally with voting process, and charity fund-raising.

I am happy to answer any questions.

This may not be my area of expertise - forgive me if you have any feedback (hopefully constructive!), but I feel like if you want change you have to start somewhere. 

How do you join?

14 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

How do you join?

If you go to https://fossecollective.co.uk/, around half way down the page is a box to drop your email in - just drop it in and hit join now and you're in!

If you wanted to submit feedback or comments, then just underneath that is a box to send a more detailed response - either way we'll have your email and can then reach out when we need to gather supporter feedback!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fosse Collective said:

If you go to https://fossecollective.co.uk/, around half way down the page is a box to drop your email in - just drop it in and hit join now and you're in!

If you wanted to submit feedback or comments, then just underneath that is a box to send a more detailed response - either way we'll have your email and can then reach out when we need to gather supporter feedback!

Thank you, appreciate it!