Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Collective

Fosse Collective - an alternative represenation

4 minutes ago, Fosse Collective said:

If you go to https://fossecollective.co.uk/, around half way down the page is a box to drop your email in - just drop it in and hit join now and you're in!

If you wanted to submit feedback or comments, then just underneath that is a box to send a more detailed response - either way we'll have your email and can then reach out when we need to gather supporter feedback!

I've joined!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fosse Collective said:

Hi there, my name's Fraser.

I've recently been finding myself increasingly frustrated, like many of you, at the lack of transparency and engagement from our Football Club.

Over the last 18 months, or slightly longer, there has been a growing sense that the club, or at the very least, the people in charge of it, are out of touch with the regular match going fan, oversaw a relegation from the Premier League which could have been avoided with direct action much sooner without any consequence to board members, and have been treating their supporters more as customers and with increasing lack of respect and disdain.

Whilst both Union FS and the Foxes Trust do an excellent job of lobbying for the fans, amongst many other good things (charitable work, overall improvement of atmosphere etc), for many supporters it can be hard to find a way to get their voices heard amongst these platforms, either because they feel they may not identify entirely with UFS (not through lack of engagement on their part may I add), or because of the paywall and representation from the Foxes Trust. On my part, I have felt that the statements, action, and in some instances transparency, from the Foxes Trust to be frustrating and not go far enough.

As a result, I have decided to found the Fosse Collective. This is an entirely free, open to all supporters group which aims to provide an alternate representation of fans view to add to the overall discourse in holding the club to accountability, and engaging the club on topics which matter to supporters. 

The idea is simple. There's strength in numbers. For those that want their voices heard, join together, find unity in the topics which matter and present view points to the club alongside voices which are already existing. If you are part of either UFS or The Foxes Trust, your points of view are still welcome. The intention isn't to divide, but to join alongside, and offer a firm, fair and balanced view to the club, chasing accountability and engagement with the shared views of the collective.

To view more, please visit: https://fossecollective.co.uk/

Our statement on the recent price changes for 2024/25 season tickets and the physical ticket fee can be found here: https://fossecollective.co.uk/f/statement-2425-season-ticket-prices-physical-card-charge

The short term aim is for as many people as possible to sign up (for free) to the mailing list, and contact with issues which are important to them. As often as possible, we will send out requests for views relating to specific areas of the club, so we can put these back to the club appropriately.

The medium term aim is to hold events for like-minded supporters to share their views in person, whilst maintaining dialogue with fellow supporters groups for an aligned approach where relevant.

The long term aims are to lobby for better fan representation across the board at the football club, whilst engaging in community projects, holding revenue raising events, electing roles within the collective more formally with voting process, and charity fund-raising.

I am happy to answer any questions.

This may not be my area of expertise - forgive me if you have any feedback (hopefully constructive!), but I feel like if you want change you have to start somewhere. 

Well done 

much needed 👌

• Like 1

Can't knock something provided for free! :scarf:

I've joined & have sent an email. I love what Union FS do, but they can't and shouldn't try to represent the whole fanbase, but any anything to try and help give a voice to the fans is to be welcomed - particularly given the cosy relationship the Foxes Trust have with the club (given the tone of the statements they put out and having read the last minutes sent out - which stunk of them being used by the club so the club can tick a box to say they have engaged with fans...)

Three things, Fraser

Firstly, all the very best of luck. I have a sneaky feeling that the larger number of people involved in this, the more like herding cats it will become.

Secondly, "the people in charge of it, are out of touch with the regular match going fan". I don't think this is the case at all. They know what the traditional match going fan wants, they've made the conscious decision not to pander to this attendee. They have elected to appeal to high disposable income fans regardless of the impact to the stadium atmosphere or long term commitment to the club. They'd be delighted if the UFS sent their season tickets back so they could sell the slot to clapper waving Mums and Dads who'll visit the fan store every game.

Lastly, fwiw I've signed up.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the comments above and to everyone for reaching out! We've got lots of messages come through since yesterday and I'm trying to respond to everyone individually so please don't think you won't have a response if you've sent in a message!

Appreciate there will be different views on challenging the club and concerns about fracturing the message but this is only an attempt to collate and share concerns in the right way with the club through the appropriate channel with an attempt to hold accountable to the supporters, alongside the existing well established groups.