Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Hull-Ipswich (title assist)

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If Leeds fail to get promoted, they will be stuck in the Championship for years. They are going to have sell their major assets to pay all their debts. Really is sh*t or bust for them now.  Considering they are the best Team in the league, they need to deliver now.

I just need to correct you there ........ the best team ever in the league and also the best fans, the best backroom staff, the best whippets etc etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I just need to correct you there ........ the best team ever in the league and also the best fans, the best backroom staff, the best whippets etc etc 

Imagine if they go up via the play off. Sky etc would probably almost erase the top 2 from the story of the season to wet themselves over Leeds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Imagine if they go up via the play off. Sky etc would probably almost erase the top 2 from the story of the season to wet themselves over Leeds

They will call them ‘playoff champions’ all season. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

It is an interesting one for sure, as in why is this the case? Is there old Leeds personnel behind the scenes at broadcasters, in the industry who proliferate this type of bias/coverage? Is it somehow funded? Mates of mates? Never really understood it.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is an interesting one for sure, as in why is this the case? Is there old Leeds personnel behind the scenes at broadcasters, in the industry who proliferate this type of bias/coverage? Is it somehow funded? Mates of mates? Never really understood it.

Was thinking about this myself. It must be the supposed size of the fanbase. They have a lot of sleeping fan interest who are armchair/social media contributors. They’re certainly not the global superpower they think they are, but probably pull quite a few viewers from ex glory hunters in the U.K. 

That’s the only logic I can apply to it. They’re simply playing to an audience.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think possibly the coverage bias is that Leeds is a larger city. Also dating all the way back to the Revie years they are seen as a big club.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

You forgot the flat cap...

Customs, Gurning March 1977. Man in flat cap pulls face for

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

On 28/04/2024 at 10:13, ARTY_FOX said:

They're the best way to go up though :ph34r:

Are you hoping for a premier league East anglia Derby next season or are you hoping they get play off heart break lol

Ive been through too many play-offs to like them...we have an awful record.  If you win, though great, but after last year and this I'm not sure my heart could cope with another two games.  200 of us heading to Dussledorf in couple of weeks to watch their last game and hoping to celebrate out there.
Do we want the scum up - no, not at all....hoping for heartbreak, players to leave and a division between us (even if it was for a year) - that way when I next run past Delia's house, I can laugh a little louder! 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I'm already imagining Don Goodman - th most hated man at Sky

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 17:52, Dahnsouff said:

Apparently a lot of referees are closet Leeds fans too. Explains a lot. 

can’t help them when they are as short as they were the other night. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Apparently a lot of referees are closet Leeds fans too. Explains a lot. 

can’t help them when they are as short as they were the other night. 

Interesting, suppose a clubs relevance remains until most of those in the industry with some ties to it pack it in.

Imagine their last period down the leagues did them some longer term damage to their reputation, and as you say, the other night was pretty shameful.

On 28/04/2024 at 18:06, KFS said:

Was thinking about this myself. It must be the supposed size of the fanbase. They have a lot of sleeping fan interest who are armchair/social media contributors. They’re certainly not the global superpower they think they are, but probably pull quite a few viewers from ex glory hunters in the U.K. 

That’s the only logic I can apply to it. They’re simply playing to an audience.

This is so true. I once knew a Leeds supporter from Tunbridge Wells and had no connection with the city that I ever heard of. I think the only reason he supported them was because he was a seventies kid. Probably if he was a few years younger it would have been Liverpool. Ultimate plasticity!