Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Hull-Ipswich (title assist)

If we can get off the Peroni in time a win at Preston and then a party at the KP like the Everton title win game would be great. 

A tear in my eye as my lads sing WYS as always!

I never want to come back to this league. I hate VAR but it’ll have to do. 

Edited by RYM
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Also brings the draw away at Preston into play.

2 pts from 2 games wins the title.

Either way, we aren’t going to be denied of a potential title celebration when fans aren’t there. 

EDIT - Shit, just realised a draw on Monday and Ipswich draw Tuesday is enough. Feck lol 

Edited by Bert

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

In a way the Championship is 10 time the entertainment value of the big six wank fest the prem has become. 

Yeah at least it’s only a Leeds wank fest in the championship 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Two very good young coaches showing what they're all about. McKenna has rightly gained lots of plaudits, but Liam Rosenior has done a great job at a basket case club.

I think rosenior is going to get a decent PL job at some point 
and then we’d see how good he is 

I’d have him here 

I know I go on about this but a great game is made even better without Gary Weaver covering it with his over the top, scripted nonsense. Daniel Mann actually focuses on the match and it is so welcome.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Has any club won 

championship

premier league 

charity shield 

fa cup 

championship 

All Within a consecutive 10 year period  

I think it went:

Championship

Premier League

FA Cup

Charity Shield

Championship

But nio, they haven't.

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know I go on about this but a great game is made even better without Gary Weaver covering it with his over the top, scripted nonsense. Daniel Mann actually focuses on the match and it is so welcome.

Gary Weaver is the one who screamed "Why do these teams want to leave this division?" !!

All being well the title will be in the bag on Monday - Leicestershire expects and all that. That'll give us another title, if not as glorious as our others, which is most second tier titles - the yo-yo Cup. Eight times. This will outdo Man City - who don't look like being relegated for the next thirty seasons. Let's hope we don't soon get the opportunity to make it nine.

Anyone watching this league as a neutral would have been very much entertained. Great advert for it. I don’t personally buy the argument that the Championship beats the PL for entertainment. Villa v Chelsea was on at the same time and switching between games, there was a distinct difference in quality without losing the entertainment value. It’s harder (or should be but our team last year missed the memo) to score goals in the PL which perhaps explains the goal glut we get in the champ. 

Last time we went up, I lost interest in the league. Barely followed it. I was very much new to many players/teams we played this year. I’m hoping we stop up for a long time this time but keen not lose interest in this fantastic league (for the neutral, horrendous while you’re in it!). 

Overall, we criticise a lot but the quality of the English league system is second to none. The champ offers more entertainment then many other “top” leagues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

if im honest, im kinda hoping the leeds ipswich battle goes to the last day lol

Not mutually exclusive. We can both be happy as long as Leeds get a result against Southampton that doesn’t see them get automatic.