Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester City

Craig is the man...

Results this season haven't been anywhere near as good as we would have hoped but look at the players that Craig has signed in the past year. Some of them are a bit dodgy (Maybury, Sylla, Gilbert, Kisnorbo, Douglas) but what about the rest? McCarthy, Hughes, Hume, Hammond, Gerbrand. They are good, young players and they can get us promoted. Not this season of course but maybe next. We are NOT a Premiership team. People need to stop living in the past. Whoever our manager is, we were not going to get promoted this season but i believe that Craig has put us in a brilliant position to do so next season. I think we can all agree he has done well off the pitch with the kids, wages and his signings. He's giving the kids a chance too. His gave Sheehan his debut, he's helped Stearman massivly. He's played Chambers and Wesolowski. I like Craig Levein and i am convinced that he is the man to take us forward. Look at so many clubs that have a poor season 1 season and then improve with results the season after. We are only about halfway through this season and things should improve before the end of this season too. People think that if we keep Levein we'll be relegated. Why? Results haven't been good but except after the 1st game we haven't been in the bottom 3. If we do get rid of Levein who will the new manager be? A lot of your suggestions will either be rubbish managers with poor records, unproven managers or managers that won't even think about coming to Leicester. How much will he have to spend? How long do you give him? 1 year? 2 years? What if we get relegated with this new manager? I don't believe that we'll be relegated with Levein. He has made a few mistakes, i'm not saying he's perfect. Nobody is and we all make mistakes but i believe that even though things are not as good as i would have thought (results) things are going well (performances and potential) although maybe a bit slower than we would have hoped. I am saying now, and you can laugh at me all you like, Craig is going to be the manager of Leicester City at Christmas 2006 and all you lot will be glad that he's manager. As i said, laugh all you like because i know that i'll be laughing at you eventually.

Leicester Til I Die

Results this season haven't been anywhere near as good as we would have hoped but look at the players that Craig has signed in the past year. Some of them are a bit dodgy (Maybury, Sylla, Gilbert, Kisnorbo, Douglas) but what about the rest? McCarthy, Hughes, Hume, Hammond, Gerbrand. They are good, young players and they can get us promoted. Not this season of course but maybe next. We are NOT a Premiership team. People need to stop living in the past. Whoever our manager is, we were not going to get promoted this season but i believe that Craig has put us in a brilliant position to do so next season. I think we can all agree he has done well off the pitch with the kids, wages and his signings. He's giving the kids a chance too. His gave Sheehan his debut, he's helped Stearman massivly. He's played Chambers and Wesolowski. I like Craig Levein and i am convinced that he is the man to take us forward. Look at so many clubs that have a poor season 1 season and then improve with results the season after. We are only about halfway through this season and things should improve before the end of this season too. People think that if we keep Levein we'll be relegated. Why? Results haven't been good but except after the 1st game we haven't been in the bottom 3. If we do get rid of Levein who will the new manager be? A lot of your suggestions will either be rubbish managers with poor records, unproven managers or managers that won't even think about coming to Leicester. How much will he have to spend? How long do you give him? 1 year? 2 years? What if we get relegated with this new manager? I don't believe that we'll be relegated with Levein. He has made a few mistakes, i'm not saying he's perfect. Nobody is and we all make mistakes but i believe that even though things are not as good as i would have thought (results) things are going well (performances and potential) although maybe a bit slower than we would have hoped. I am saying now, and you can laugh at me all you like, Craig is going to be the manager of Leicester City at Christmas 2006 and all you lot will be glad that he's manager. As i said, laugh all you like because i know that i'll be laughing at you eventually.

Leicester Til I Die

Yeah................................................. :rolleyes:

Whoever our manager is, we were not going to get promoted this season but i believe that Craig has put us in a brilliant position to do so next season.

Craig has put us in a brilliant position to get promoted INTO the Championship next season......that's what you mean't didn't you? :rolleyes:

Results this season haven't been anywhere near as good as we would have hoped but look at the players that Craig has signed in the past year. Some of them are a bit dodgy (Maybury, Sylla, Gilbert, Kisnorbo, Douglas) but what about the rest? McCarthy, Hughes, Hume, Hammond, Gerbrand. They are good, young players and they can get us promoted. Not this season of course but maybe next.

We are NOT a Premiership team. People need to stop living in the past. Whoever our manager is, we were not going to get promoted this season but i believe that Craig has put us in a brilliant position to do so next season. I think we can all agree he has done well off the pitch with the kids, wages and his signings. He's giving the kids a chance too. His gave Sheehan his debut, he's helped Stearman massivly. He's played Chambers and Wesolowski. I like Craig Levein and i am convinced that he is the man to take us forward.

Look at so many clubs that have a poor season 1 season and then improve with results the season after. We are only about halfway through this season and things should improve before the end of this season too. People think that if we keep Levein we'll be relegated. Why? Results haven't been good but except after the 1st game we haven't been in the bottom 3.

If we do get rid of Levein who will the new manager be? A lot of your suggestions will either be rubbish managers with poor records, unproven managers or managers that won't even think about coming to Leicester. How much will he have to spend? How long do you give him? 1 year? 2 years? What if we get relegated with this new manager? I don't believe that we'll be relegated with Levein.

He has made a few mistakes, i'm not saying he's perfect. Nobody is and we all make mistakes but i believe that even though things are not as good as i would have thought (results) things are going well (performances and potential) although maybe a bit slower than we would have hoped.

I am saying now, and you can laugh at me all you like, Craig is going to be the manager of Leicester City at Christmas 2006 and all you lot will be glad that he's manager. As i said, laugh all you like because i know that i'll be laughing at you eventually.

Leicester Til I Die

;):thumbup:

Leicester Til I Die

I think you've mixed Leicester and Chester up????

Don't worry it happens.......either that or Towers Day Release finished yesterday??

:yawn:

Leicester Til I Die

1 word for ya mate

paragraphs

Just listening to the Palace game on the radio now. 1-0 down with 10 mins to go. Sorry to say it but surely Levein has to go now to give someone else the time to have a chance to save the club.

I've been a Levein supporter until recently but dodgy signings, tactical naivety, appalling disciplinary record and a lack of passion on the pitch have all taken their toll.

Nigel Clough for manager??

Leicester Til I Die

What hallucinogenics are you on ????

I don't believe that we'll be relegated with Levein.

You obviously haven't watched the team play in ANY of the last six games. If you had, I guarantee you would not be making such an arrogant, complacent statement.

Face the facts.

We're in freefall.

We face the prospect of another heavy defeat on Sunday.

Three of our next four games are away.

We have the WORST away record in the division.

Several of our players will be missing the next few games through injuries or suspensions.

The manager's track record with signings is very dubious.

He isn't going to be able to bring anyone in who can turn the situation around.

NOW tell us you still don't believe he'll take us down!

Leicester Til I Die

kk this guy has a very good point, levein has bought quality to the side, but and there is a big but, he has not used the talent hes got in the right way! hes to negative and that shows on the players the strikers are not taking chances and sometimes you have to risk the points to win them.

instead of telling mcarthy and gerrbrand to get back when we have a throw or corner tell them to get up! we need to take more chances and be more positive and while levein is here that aint gonna happen!

so to sum it up we have the right players but not the right manager

You obviously haven't watched the team play in ANY of the last six games. If you had, I guarantee you would not be making such an arrogant, complacent statement.

Face the facts.

We're in freefall.

We face the prospect of another heavy defeat on Sunday.

Three of our next four games are away.

We have the WORST away record in the division.

Several of our players will be missing the next few games through injuries or suspensions.

The manager's track record with signings is very dubious.

He isn't going to be able to bring anyone in who can turn the situation around.

NOW tell us you still don't believe he'll take us down!

Also, all 3 of the sides below us are beginning to show signs of life and real improvement.

We on the other hand, seem to get worse with each game that passes.

Here are a couple of things that made me think, even after my Son's first match at Leicester ended in defeat...

IF Craig is so tactically inept, then why do we dominate quite a few games? Not just my opinion, but also opinions of newspaper hacks (not Mercury!), neutrals, opponent's fans etc?

We only lack a striker. CL made the mistake of thinking that MDV would be up to the Championship - if we got a strike force which had scored 7 more goals, then (given that we tend to win when we score first) we would have converted at least 2 defeats into draws and 5 draws into victories. We would have been 12 points better off which would have placed us well into contention of play offs.

Seeing us against Norwich, this seems to be the only problem. We tend to collapse well into the second half as we are frustrated at still having no goals for our hard work.

I saw more passes getting to MDV than I have seen in a long time, and all the while he had his back to goal with no one of quality to pass to.

The easy thing would be to get rid of Craig, but I assure you this - if we did have a striker either instead or alongside MDV to have scored that extra 7, then the anti CL league would be much less in numbers than they are now.

I would appreciate some constructive arguments against my words, and I expect it! But anyone who just heaps abuse on me will not be taken seriously!

Archived