Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

Available Managers

And what are the chances of finding a manager with all that criteria, who would actually consider taking over this shambles of a club?

It's been said before but Dave Penney is the one who stands out. He's had a few seasons under his belt and done well. Doncaster don't look like getting up again this year, so i'd say Leicester is a massive draw to him. Couldn't see either the compo' or the wages being massive.

Is he the right man... God knows. But certainly a better proposition than GM.

Alex McLeish of Rangers could be out of a job any day now. On paper he seems a good proposition, he's won trophies, got past the group stages of the Champions League, and gone toe-to-toe with Martin O'Neill and matched him well, but I guess he would suffer the same problems as Levein (lack of knowledge of the league and therefore signing completely unsuitable players).

Honestly, we may be a big club but we're a complete shambles in total freefall. Any manager with an ounce of common sense would avoid Leicester like the plague.

John Gorman!

Can you argue with what he has done this season?

Would you not swap the points we have with Wycombes?

Personally not my first choice because, well I don't really like him (think that's Glen Hoddles fault)

I suppose you Want GM also.... who managed to do.... errrrr nothing.

Alex McLeish of Rangers could be out of a job any day now. On paper he seems a good proposition, he's won trophies, got past the group stages of the Champions League, and gone toe-to-toe with Martin O'Neill and matched him well, but I guess he would suffer the same problems as Levein (lack of knowledge of the league and therefore signing completely unsuitable players).

Honestly, we may be a big club but we're a complete shambles in total freefall. Any manager with an ounce of common sense would avoid Leicester like the plague.

I don't think we are that bad a proposition, we are not exactly 10 points from safety at the bottom of the league are we. If they are confident in their own ability I don't think the thought of having to pick up more points than 3 more teams in the league would scare them.

Can you argue with what he has done this season?

Would you not swap the points we have with Wycombes?

Personally not my first choice because, well I don't really like him (think that's Glen Hoddles fault)

I suppose you Want GM also.... who managed to do.... errrrr nothing.

I think you may have misinterpreted me. I want him in charge

It's been said before but Dave Penney is the one who stands out. He's had a few seasons under his belt and done well. Doncaster don't look like getting up again this year, so i'd say Leicester is a massive draw to him. Couldn't see either the compo' or the wages being massive.

His Doncaster record isn't bad:

Played 214

Won 102

Lost 57

Drawn 55

http://www.thefa.com/Features/EnglishDomes..._DavePenney.htm

But he's far from the finished article and I can't imagine the City board taking a chance on him.

His Doncaster record isn't bad:

Played 214

Won 102

Lost 57

Drawn 55

http://www.thefa.com/Features/EnglishDomes..._DavePenney.htm

But he's far from the finished article and I can't imagine the City board taking a chance on him.

His record is like us winning Division 2, then winning the Championship and then being comfortable in mid table in the premier having knocked three other premier teams out in the cup!!

I'd settle for that ;)

Werent we saying the same about a certain Mr Levein just 15months ago? :D

I'd hope we say it about every manager.. i'd hate to be sat here and everyone is saying "he's got a shit record" and "god why have we got that idiot"... we may well be after 15 months but not at the start I hope.

Gary Mac WOULD fit the bill - he was doing OK at the Sky Blue Whingers until they pulled the plug "cause they wanted experience" - lot of good it did them ! Anyway he was working with an ol mate of his, Eric Black then, who did a good job until they lost their nerve. How about 'Mac and Black' ?! A good combo I think.

Gary Mac WOULD fit the bill - he was doing OK at the Sky Blue Whingers until they pulled the plug "cause they wanted experience" - lot of good it did them ! Anyway he was working with an ol mate of his, Eric Black then, who did a good job until they lost their nerve. How about 'Mac and Black' ?! A good combo I think.

Didn't Gary Mc leave to look after his ill wife, similar to MON? :unsure:

I've heard Gary Mac and Eric Black have been talked to by a member of the Board (unnamed Member !), about resurrecting the Management partnership they had at Cov (which was fairly successful I think ?). The only questions are whether his fellow Board Members want to ditch CL now, and whether Gary Mac feels his wife is well enough for him to take up full-time employment again. (where did Eric Black go to after Cov ?)

Yes I would prefer to have Dave Penney, but really can't see him wanting to leave the club he has successfully built up over the years, to join a mediocre Leicester side flirting with relegation.

I've heard Gary Mac and Eric Black have been talked to by a member of the Board (unnamed Member !), about resurrecting the Management partnership they had at Cov (which was fairly successful I think ?). The only questions are whether his fellow Board Members want to ditch CL now, and whether Gary Mac feels his wife is well enough for him to take up full-time employment again. (where did Eric Black go to after Cov ?)

He was a coach at Birmingham City at one point I think. Don't know whether he still is?

Yes I would prefer to have Dave Penney, but really can't see him wanting to leave the club he has successfully built up over the years, to join a mediocre Leicester side flirting with relegation.

Would he feel he could take them further though.... i'm sure our pay would tripple his wages.

Anyway... Levein is staying*

Maybe.

Well if you would like to find out the board member concerned & e-mail us at [email protected], we will talk to said board member directly

In the meantime here's Craigs current managerial performance at LCFC

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Leicester

01-11-2004 Present 69 19 23 27

So won 27.5%, not lost 66.6% of games, compare that to Gary Mac's at Coventry

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Coventry

24-04-2002 11-12-2003 76 21 29 26

Won 27.6%, not lost 61.8%

Confident this change would make sense?

Archived