Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

Available Managers

Well if you would like to find out the board member concerned & e-mail us at [email protected], we will talk to said board member directly

In the meantime here's Craigs current managerial performance at LCFC

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Leicester

01-11-2004 Present 69 19 23 27

So won 27.5%, not lost 66.6% of games, compare that to Gary Mac's at Coventry

Coventry

24-04-2002 11-12-2003 76 21 29 26

Won 27.6%, not lost 61.8%

Confident this change would make sense?

Thankyou FT. I'd been looking for the stats... may I ask where you find them as I was looking for quite a while with no luck!

IF.... CL got removed from his post, who would the FT be putting forward, as I believe you recommended CL last time.

Well if you would like to find out the board member concerned & e-mail us at [email protected], we will talk to said board member directly

Leicester

Coventry

But didnt Gary Mac take over a struggling Coventry side and left them as that? Where as Craig Levein took us over when we were midtable, look at us now.

Thankyou FT. I'd been looking for the stats... may I ask where you find them as I was looking for quite a while with no luck!

IF.... CL got removed from his post, who would the FT be putting forward, as I believe you recommended CL last time.

We don't know at this stage, but are compiling stats just in case & this shouldn't be interpretated that a change will be made, but we have to be prepared.

There are various sites including the FA, but we mainly use Soccerbase.com.

Like last time, if a decision to change is taken we would publish another series of articles on candidates.

Leicester

Coventry

right.

Still i think gary mac would do better with this set of players :D

But didnt Gary Mac take over a struggling Coventry side and left them as that? Where as Craig Levein took us over when we were midtable, look at us now.

The situation is taking over a side which isn't doing well, so you are hardly talking up Gary Mac's chances

Why on earth would we want McCallister! He was a good player but has proven to be a below average Championship manager.

Why not put him in temporary charge ( caretaker manager) if he's up for it and if he's doing well after say 4 or 5 games keep him, if not then give the job to another manager.

Why not put him in temporary charge ( caretaker manager) if he's up for it and if he's doing well after say 4 or 5 games keep him, if not then give the job to another manager.

...because those 4 or 5 games could prove vital and you can't judge a manger on that small amount of games.

the truth is you could put in a manager with a 80% win ratio and it would be a gamble, the situation is dire and anything is a gamble, one thing I am hoping for is the new manager gets a honeymoon period where we get a few wins, that alone should buy him half the wins he will need to keep us up.

“Mac and Black?

Now I wonder how this rumour could’ve come about? Let me think…..who is Gary Mac’s agent? Why, it’s SFX. Does anyone at SFX have any connection at all with anyone in the boardroom at LCFC? Let me think now……†:ermm:

Paul Simpson of Carlisle - team plays good football, and concede very few goals, also score alot.

Phil Parkinson of Colchester - astute signings with little money, concedes few goals, and play attacking football.

Opinions?

carlisle have came along way. my dad follows them and is impressed wityh the football they play/ :thumbup:

Out of then lot I would take Craig Brown or Ray Lewington. Or if I was increadibly pushed then it would be Ian Atkins.

Craig Brown was awful at Preston, while Lewington almost took Watford down.

None of you will have heard of this guy but he has done a brilliant job with meagre resources. He's developed 'the best passing side' (quote unquote Paul Merson) in League One and nurtured some really good young talent during his time in charge. He's passionate about the game and he can get a team to play good football. Ladies and gentleman I give you Sean O'Driscoll.

As I said in another thread, this is the only season where John Gorman has done anything in management of note - and we're only just half way in to it.

Gary McAllister is a definite no for me. His record at Coventry was diabolical, and there is nothing to suggest he would do a better job than Levein.

As for Dave Penney, he was my choice before we even appointed Levein 15 months ago. He seems to have gone from strength to strength since then.

Dave Penney is in the same situtaon that Gary Johnson was in at Yeovil. Took the club as far he could. So he left for Bristol City, a bigger club flirting with relegation. Lightening might strike twice.

Archived