Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Favourite ever City games attending !

I've been watching City since 1987 and my two favourite ever games were:-

Nov 1987 old Second Division : MY FIRST EVER GAME ATTENDED was against Swindon Town when Bryan Hamilton was in charge. City were about mid-table and went 2-0 down to Swindon before half-time (Jimmy Quinn netting 2 - why did we let him go??). Then in the second half we came back and I think it was in the last 15 minutes or so we scored 3 goals to win 3-2!!!!

Oct 1989? - old Second Division: David Pleat was in charge and we played table topping and big-spending Leeds United. We were 2-0 down at half time, but Paul Ramsey made it 2-2 with one goal being miles off-side !! Then Strachan made it 3-2 from the penalty spot for Leeds before the on-loan Paul Moran and Gary McAllister made it 4-3 to the Foxes - FANTASTIC.

God what I would wish for a game like that now !!!

Up the City :devil:

Mine is Leicester City 1-0 Aston Villa in the semi final of the worthington cup (as it was then) at Filbert Street, when Matt Elliott popped up with a header just before half time :)

Nov 1987 old Second Division : MY FIRST EVER GAME ATTENDED was against Swindon Town when Bryan Hamilton was in charge. City were about mid-table and went 2-0 down to Swindon before half-time (Jimmy Quinn netting 2 - why did we let him go??). Then in the second half we came back and I think it was in the last 15 minutes or so we scored 3 goals to win 3-2!!!!

Oct 1989? - old Second Division: David Pleat was in charge and we played table topping and big-spending Leeds United. We were 2-0 down at half time, but Paul Ramsey made it 2-2 with one goal being miles off-side !! Then Strachan made it 3-2 from the penalty spot for Leeds before the on-loan Paul Moran and Gary McAllister made it 4-3 to the Foxes - FANTASTIC.

That was my 1st ever game fantastic :thumbup:

Away - Probably Charlton. The most complete performance i've ever seen from a Leicester side against the odds and the best possible way to win it in stoppage time.

Home - Liverpool 2-0 was quality in 00/01 I think. They had just won the Worthington cup when they came to Filbert Street and we did them through Ade :blink: and Muzzy :D

Leeds 4-0 also good and Derby 3-1.

Because he Chinned David Pleat at half time when told he was being substituted!

May 3rd 1980

Brisbane Road

Leyton Orient 0

Leicester 1

Last game of the season and we needed a win for promotion

i remember a game in paticular, Notts county in the zenith cup at forest.

Catching the Football Special train and then on to the ground. i was the one who ran on to the pitch to fitzpatrick when he scored.

God memorys of the good times in the pouring rain.

Fulham quater final of league cup 2- 0 down bk to 2 - 2 thanks to walsh, Extra time 3-2 to them when marshall took it to pens. we battered em in the shootout Graham Fenton banged home the clincher fooking quality then we all know what happened after that!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Because he Chinned David Pleat at half time when told he was being substituted!

May 3rd 1980

Brisbane Road

Leyton Orient 0

Leicester 1

Last game of the season and we needed a win for promotion

Was it a Larry May goal?

3-3 home to Arsenal

2-1 down going into second half injury time then equalised only for Arsenal to take the lead again before Ian Marshall (I think) equalised with almost the last touch. Then Walshy and Ian Wright squared up to each other. Classic.

Beating Boro in the Coke cup replay at Hillsborough was great too, plus Claridge's shinned last minute winner vs Palace for what it meant.

Worst ever game - 5-0 home to newly promoted Bolton 1st game of the season the year we went down :mad:

home - city 2 fulham 2 / city 3 arsenal 3 (city won both on pens)

away - derby 0 city 4 / grimsby 1 city 2 (izzet bicycle kick)

best wembley , derby 94

:thumbup:

That was entirely due to me. ;) I went for a slash when we were 2-0 down and when I came back it was 2-2. I had a long wee to be fair, but then they did score those goals quite quickly.

Mark Venus won it with a 30-yard piledriver.....and its not often you get to type that sentence.

I’ve been watching City since 1967 so almost too many to remember….first game Leeds (h), 0-0, Banks’ last for the club. As a 9 year old I was in awe of the floodlights and the crowd. Beating Liverpool 1-0 in the Charity Shield at Filbo (my old man gave a Scouser a good kicking. lol). Charlton away (1970), won 5-0, imagine that now? Shrewsbury FAC quarter. Legendary. Fulham 1-0 under Wallace and Orient 1-0 to win the League. The FAC semi replay at Vile Park in 1974, Glover equalising, Leicester mayhem in the Holt End. Beautiful! Wimbledon at Palace in the League Cup semi, backs to the Wall for 119 minutes. The Palace play off final…..I’m getting greedy now. “Those were the days my friend, we thought they’d never end…..â€Â

Showing my age now........

FA Cup Leicester V Leatherhead

0-2 down and we looked gone for all money. A massive cup upset was about to happen THEN

we won 3-2 (I think it was)

Couldent talk for about four days later as I shouted so much I lost my voice.

Just like I shout today

COME ON YOU FOXES

MadMick

Archived