Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

What happened to the Tim Davies thread?

What she is saying is actually true.... IF TD wished to take it further.

If he did wish to take it further, that would no doubt get the club a lot of publicity. It would be quite hilarious to follow the case through the local, and no doubt national, media.

Read my previous post and check out the law books - smart arse

Oh Christ, this board is going to be shut down because I am impersonating the real BartonFox!!!!!

lol

What gets me more, and this is no slight on JJ, was you could instantly tell that it wasn't TD yet so many kissed 'his' arse, absolutely hilarious.

If he did wish to take it further, that would no doubt get the club a lot of publicity. It would be quite hilarious to follow the case through the local, and no doubt national, media.

It gets better and better doesn't it.

tomorrows back page of the mockery

"Tim Davies to sue website admin and general member"

"Craig Levein read a thread and panicked over his job, his story inside turn to page 54"

"Dublin rues missed chance in training - picture special page 55"

Not good publicity though so I doubt they would. MrC will probably get an email about controling posters and that will be an end to it. Much smarter and more important people (no offence MrC) have been hoaxed before.

It happens.

Oh Christ, this board is going to be shut down because I am impersonating the real BartonFox!!!!!

lol

What gets me more, and this is no slight on JJ, was you could instantly tell that it wasn't TD yet so many kissed 'his' arse, absolutely hilarious.

You better get rid of your Oor Wullie avatar before the Broons tak ya tae court!

If the ramifications of this are so great why isn't there an email verification test?

Actually, that's a fair question. There should be some precautions in place to stop users from posing as anybody they like just because they happen to know an email address. Further, if MrC were to get into any trouble with anybody, I'm sure he could explain that "following this unfortunate incident, we are in the process of upgrading the registration process for the site".

Someone registered as "tim davies" and a lot of members asked a lot of questions about the club. We were lead to believe that this was the "original" tim davies as mr c Had checked the email address to see if it was a hoax, at first he thought it was the real deal, but it turned out to be a hoaxer registered on tim Davies email address

Someone registered as "tim davies" and a lot of members asked a lot of questions about the club. We were lead to believe that this was the "original" tim davies as mr c Had checked the email address to see if it was a hoax, at first he thought it was the real deal, but it turned out to be a hoaxer registered on tim Davies email address

Which will now have messages saying he has received personal messages from members of this site. <_< Very **** selfish thing to do. I was gullable enough to believe the hoax when MR C said it was for real, presuming he had checked the e-mail adress and ISP.

tomorrows back page of the mockery

"Tim Davies to sue website admin and general member"

"Craig Levein read a thread and panicked over his job, his story inside turn to page 54"

"Dublin rues missed chance in training - picture special page 55"

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :laugh: :laugh: :D;):thumbup:

Some relatively basic security measures would have sussed out this caper before it even started.

On most message boards, a code or password is sent to the email address given, and only when that is activated is an account opened.

I trust the necessary action will be taken by the persons in charge of the forum.

Otherwise, the consequences of any attempted repeat of this evening's episode could be devastating for us all!

I did think it a bit sus when I noticed some very basic grammatical errors. Also, I did mention to Mrs Fox that it seemed a bit odd that he was not posting something on the OS board - bit of a snub!

Good prank, well done (though I think it might cause some red faces for people who don't deserve the embarassment!)

I didn't get a good read of it, but I trust that not many 'anti Levein' people had a damn good go? Maybe changed your mind a tad?

Archived