Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

reserves

ashley chambers james weselowski alan sheehan o grady give them a chance at least.

chambers isnt eligable, wesolowski isnt fit, sheehan will get another chance, and o'grady has only just come back from a loan spell and played on monday

spot on napalma although i think sheehans chance is overdue, he did good at the home game vs sheff weds. next featured for 10 mins vs bolton in the carling cup and is stupidly sent off vs crewe. i hope he doesnt have to wait as long to sit on the bench or even get in the 1st team. he is a natural left back and a good 1 from what ive seen.

not seen chambo, weso or o grady except a penalty vs inter milan.

chambers isnt eligable, wesolowski isnt fit, sheehan will get another chance, and o'grady has only just come back from a loan spell and played on monday

I think I've said this six times. Chambers is eligible unless you have alternative information to that supplied, I believe, by Steven some weeks ago.

I understand the age ruling that would bar him has not come into effect yet although the club may be choosing to abide by the spirit of that ruling ahead of time (which I have certainly not heard).

Certainly I can think of no reason why the club have not formally explained their position on this because it has been raised on several occasions.

I think it's the height of irony. A manager who takes us to the worst position in the club's history gets a massive vote of support and accepts it... he doesn't "drop" himself.

Sheehan, still a youngster, makes a couple of mistakes in an otherwise decent performance (but still has a playing record in his matches which, if projected, would have left us well clear of the relegation zone) yet he has been pilloried mercilessly by the fans.

If the fans truly got behind him and allowed him the time to find his feet, we wouldn't have a problem at left back.

No-one has pilloried Nils or Maybury of Kisnorbo. Criticism yes, but not the vicious reaction that Sheehan suffered. People forget, we even scored two perfectly good goals against Crewe (despite one being disallowed) and when was the last time we did that?. We haven't scored one outfield goal for four games and have taken one point from 12 in his absence.

When I think of Scottish contingent flops like Kisnorbo, Sylla, Hammill etc, not to mention Nils. I say give me Sheehan anytime. I said how strange it was that so many voted for his inclusion in the side but how few rushed to his defence after his error and misjudgements.

If Levein had suffered such a fast condemnation he wouldn't even have started this season.

I think I've said this six times. Chambers is eligible unless you have alternative information to that supplied, I believe, by Steven some weeks ago.

I understand the age ruling that would bar him has not come into effect yet although the club may be choosing to abide by the spirit of that ruling ahead of time (which I have certainly not heard).

Certainly I can think of no reason why the club have not formally explained their position on this because it has been raised on several occasions.

Doens't matter any way I think he's 16 now. So he obviosuly he is eligible.

I doubt he would be able to cut it 1st team though :whistle: .

Not 16 til March.

March 1st, actually. Information supplied by the lad himself to this very forum.

He was actually on these boards last night. Wonder if he saw this thread?

He may be useful later in the season as an impact player for the last 20 minutes or so of games.

A team needs to be revived using the youngsters. It's a shame about the alleged ruling preventing Chambers from playing in League games. He might find it a little difficult to size up against players who are bigger and stronger than him, but Walcott's doing just fine.

A team needs to be revived using the youngsters. It's a shame about the alleged ruling preventing Chambers from playing in League games. He might find it a little difficult to size up against players who are bigger and stronger than him, but Walcott's doing just fine.

And he's told me he's fine to play in the league now.

I have seen him play several times , he has been largely inneffective . He looks quick and may with right service from midfield be able to expose teams with that pace . Unfortunately the way leicester plays means he ends up playing with his back to goal .Until he develops Physically, he from what I have seen cannot hold the ball up ( at first team or reserve level)and introduce other players to the game. At the moment in my opinion he is one dimensional and you need more than that at that level. I hope the coaching staff teach him to add other attributes to his game but I am not so sure. I think they are of a very poor standard. Let'snot ruin the lad by rushing him but lets also invest in him with some proper coaching.

I have seen him play several times , he has been largely inneffective . He looks quick and may with right service from midfield be able to expose teams with that pace . Unfortunately the way leicester plays means he ends up playing with his back to goal .Until he develops Physically, he from what I have seen cannot hold the ball up ( at first team or reserve level)and introduce other players to the game. At the moment in my opinion he is one dimensional and you need more than that at that level. I hope the coaching staff teach him to add other attributes to his game but I am not so sure. I think they are of a very poor standard. Let'snot ruin the lad by rushing him but lets also invest in him with some proper coaching.

Are you talking about Chambers? I agree he isn't ready yet, but he's certainly got the potential to be a quality player hence many top clubs watching him.

That all sounds sensible enough.

It's been a bit of a patchy season, what with his injury etc but he's still nabbed a few goals.

Even on his return from injury in the Youth Cup, although rusty and lacking his usual sharpness he still seemed more directly dangerous and created more in-and-around-the box chances than our regular first team strikers.

There have been times this season when, because of this, I'd have liked to see him on the bench rather than others who just don't seem to pose any great goal threat.

I know he's young and slight. Ryan Smith looks the same sort of size/build to me. But the key thing about Chambers is impact. I keep stressing this in relation to other players. Too many, and Sylla is the prime example, just do not make enough things happen.

When I've watched him, Chambers always makes things happen. He makes mistakes, hits the post, lobs over the bar but he always gets into dangerous places.

Archived