Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

What Would You Do To Improve The Atmosphere

ofcourse i have taken advantage of being 19, im not going to pay full price when i can get it cheaper. i begrudge the fact that my wages go straight to your bank account and all you do is drink it. when i am 22 or 23 i won't begrudge paying extra for a ticket as i will still be working hard for my money rather than getting it handed to me. it isnt double standards its my opinion.

and DavieG im all for atmosphere but i dont want to be moved from my seat which whatever they do, be it moving the KOP or moving the awayers - it seems like i will be moved. if they choose to do this i'll have no choice will i? aslong as my ticket price isnt increased for the re-allocated seat i may have to sit in.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sorry mate, but you're wrong. Your wages don't go anywhere near my bank account or any other students' bank accounts for that matter.

1) Students get a LOAN from the Student Loans Company, which they have to pay back (with interest on top) - so students get very little money handed to them for free like you seem to think. (there are hardship funds for people whose parents earn below a certain level, but the majority of student don't qualify for that). So students can spend however much on alcohol as they like because it is THEIR money, not yours, and they will repay it back to the SLC.

2) I spent a year working before beginning my post graduate course, so I could save up to pay my fees and have enough money to live for a year without any income. I do not receive any financial assistance because it simply isn't available to me or anyone else doing my course (not even a student loan). Yet I have to pay full adult price despite having no job, just because I'm over 22, whilst people who are 16-22 and earning a decent amount (like you) get in for a discounted price. In my opinion that's not fair.

So while you're complaining about student 'tax dodgers' who shouldn't get a penny from anyone, get your facts right first. Students don't pay tax because they won't earn above the personal allowance threshold (£4895 this tax year) even if they do have part-time jobs. Everyone is entitled to this personal allowance so students are treated no differently to you or anyone else.

ofcourse i have taken advantage of being 19, im not going to pay full price when i can get it cheaper. i begrudge the fact that my wages go straight to your bank account and all you do is drink it. when i am 22 or 23 i won't begrudge paying extra for a ticket as i will still be working hard for my money rather than getting it handed to me. it isnt double standards its my opinion.

and DavieG im all for atmosphere but i dont want to be moved from my seat which whatever they do, be it moving the KOP or moving the awayers - it seems like i will be moved. if they choose to do this i'll have no choice will i? aslong as my ticket price isnt increased for the re-allocated seat i may have to sit in.

That money may be handed to us students but its not like we dont have to pay it back is it? And with interest as well. Also most students have to work hard to succeed at uni. On my course, I have a bucket load of coursework to get through and if we dont get it done, we risk being kicked out of uni wasting the huge tuition fees.

Also I work too and would do more hours if I could fit them in around lectures. In fact, I was up at 4:30am this morning to do my shift at work and have to do that every saturday and sunday morning because of trying to fit things in.

Most students dont exactly beg for the money from the government but for a lot of people, it is a neccessity if they want to go to uni and pursue their dreams of a good career in their chosen profession. Books alone cost about £45 on most courses and I have to buy about 8 of them a year so it all mounts up. Without that student loan, universities would only be for rich people and therefore half empty. It all evens itself out though doesnt it because when we graduate, whereas your pay cheques will have tax deducted from it, ours will have tax and the loan repayments taken from it. In the long run, we'll be losing more money than you do now!

*or what anish said! :thumbup: *

That’s utter rubbish to be honest, your wage doesn’t go anywhere near a students bank account. There are no grants anymore, just loans all money students borrow from the education department gets paid back with interest. In other words the government my even make money. The money paid to the universities is minimal and on top of that never helps fund students.

Back to the Subject at hand. Switching the Kop with the Family stand would probably be the easiest solution as the Away fans still have good access to their coaches and if there were a lot of them outside for instance the F2/G1 Corner it could block the flow of traffic exiting the stadium from the car park.

I think it would improve the atmosphere to have all the noise concentrated in one area, 9,000 singing in the Kop (responding to the away fans songs and banter etc) plus the L1 massiv :D would be good for the club. At the moment given all the club have tried which has been good, the fans have thrown it back in their faces by not reacting to it. So something more drastic needs to be done I feel, this would be ideal, as long as they hand out free sunglasses :D

Student dicount would be good anyway (I know I could have done with it when I was one!!) Just think how many Students are in Leicester during the footy season. Could even convert some with decent football being played!!

Students do get discount. £10 a game if you show your student card.

The student discount is a really good deal - no complaints from me.

I always thought there wasn't a discount and thus I couldn't afford to go to too many games. However, I paid 10 pounds for the Millwall and Tottenham game. :thumbup:

Lower the prices, so people can't complain about wasting money for watching result-oriented football anymore.

Move the Kop.

Sack some of the stewards. Invest the saved money to buy a couple of drums (and a good drummer as well).

Change the music. No current charts crap, bring in fine English pop music from the 70ies, 80ies and 90ies (see some of the threads in the FT Music Section).

Set up a couple of banners inside the Walkers, with LCFC legends on them. Creates more pride for the club, when you see the likes of Lineker, Shilton, Banks, Izzet, O'Neill, etc. etc.

Definately switch the kop with family stand. Alot of people who sit in the kop sit in the L1 block now, so i think there wouldnt be a problem with size.

The sun, well, most of the season is played when the sun is low so that wouldnt be a problem.

Doing this would DEFINATELY improve the atmosphere. No doubt at all.

Archived