Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

If we were playing The Arse tonight what do you reckon our attendance would be?

They reckon Wigan will be lucky to get 11000 tonight :o

Alright I know there have been a lot of games lately and people are still getting over Christmas, but come on it's the Semi-Final with a European place at stake.

Their attendances for European games are not much better.

If we were playing The Arse tonight what do you reckon our attendance would be?

They reckon Wigan will be lucky to get 11000 tonight :o

Alright I know there have been a lot of games lately and people are still getting over Christmas, but come on it's the Semi-Final with a European place at stake.

Their attendances for European games are not much better.

That is a shocking attendance. Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Disgraceful attendance. :mad:

We got 20000 in against Spurs so why not between 20000 and 25000 :huh:

Well... all the big stars are being rested so i guess the Wigan fans son't want to go and see a bunch of kids (as well as seniors) that they haven't really heard even thoguh they should be there to support their team, these "bandwagon" fans annoy me.

That is a shocking attendance. Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Disgraceful attendance. :mad:

We got 20000 in against Spurs so why not between 20000 and 25000 :huh:

To obvious. :huh:

The attendance is/was 12181 :ermm:

Pretty awful for a semi-final of a cup.

Er, when we played Wimbledon in '97 we only had 16000 at Filbert Street with 800 Dons and the return leg was only 17000.

Wigan is a rugby league town and the football fans of the area go to Liverpool and Manchester, each City with 2 big Clubs. You can't go calling Wigan fans awful.

Er, when we played Wimbledon in '97 we only had 16000 at Filbert Street with 800 Dons and the return leg was only 17000.

Wigan is a rugby league town and the football fans of the area go to Liverpool and Manchester, each City with 2 big Clubs. You can't go calling Wigan fans awful.

.........and your point is?

Yeh but how come they can fill the ground when playing Arsenal and Chelsea in the league games?

So we know they can fill the ground so why dont they for a semi-final game?

I would of thought that a semi-final cup game would of been more important. :ermm:

But its not just the Wigan fans the Arsenal fans were only meant to take between 600 - 900, for a club like that in a cup semi-final is poor.

I dont know if it is the league cup or what but it looks like some fans just aint interested in it.

Yeh but how come they can fill the ground when playing Arsenal and Chelsea in the league games?

So we know they can fill the ground so why dont they for a semi-final game?

I would of thought that a semi-final cup game would of been more important. :ermm:

But its not just the Wigan fans the Arsenal fans were only meant to take between 600 - 900, for a club like that in a cup semi-final is poor.

I dont know if it is the league cup or what but it looks like some fans just aint interested in it.

I bet half of them live round the corner from the ground anyway, glory bastards ;)

On the other hand i can see why they didnt take too many. really, who wants to go to Wigan on a weeknight to watch a bunch of kids :unsure:

Wigan are just like Blackburn - essentially a lower division club with a small fanbase, dragged up the football league by their respective benefactors. Of course it doesn't help having so many clubs within a short radius of themselves, however, both clubs will never have a decent following.

Speaking as someone who will go to any City game, regardless of the opposition, it is easy to criticise Wigan, Arsenal and their supporters (or lack of).

However if I put myself in the shoes of someone who isn't that bothered, then I can see why I wouldn't want to watch Arsenal's reserves. Even if it was a major cup semi-final.

Speaking as someone who will go to any City game, regardless of the opposition, it is easy to criticise Wigan, Arsenal and their supporters (or lack of).

However if I put myself in the shoes of someone who isn't that bothered, then I can see why I wouldn't want to watch Arsenal's reserves. Even if it was a major cup semi-final.

Be carful if they are to small you may damage your feet :P

Not many people support Wigan is the short answer.

Plus its the wrong time of the year to attract the once-a-season crowd. They'll do Man Utd rather than the Arse reserves.

that is correct, well done ;)

anyway, there was some fella from a wigan fans group on the radio yesterdaysaying that they're the fastest growing club in the word (in terms of support at least) they're gone from 1500 in the division 3 or two or league 1 (whatever you wanna call it) to 7 grand last year to nearer 12 or 13 grand, or whatever, this year so when you remember they'll play arsenels 1st team at home this season, and they've played quite a few homw games over christmas, the 11000 for the third english competion, isn't that bad really

Archived