Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

I AM NOW FOR LEVEIN OUT...

As a pro-Levein supporter (due to cutting age of players and attempting to play nice football), I am now resigned to changing my support for this imbecile and pledge my allegiance to the 'Levein Out' Brigade !!

I am just sorry that his decisions mystify me and I am afraid we're going down - we have no spirit anymore !!! :ermm:

Anyone else changed their opinions???

As a pro-Levein supporter (due to cutting age of players and attempting to play nice football), I am now resigned to changing my support for this imbecile and pledge my allegiance to the 'Levein Out' Brigade !!

I am just sorry that his decisions mystify me and I am afraid we're going down - we have no spirit anymore !!! :ermm:

Anyone else changed their opinions???

I changed my opinion on him after the Norwich game. Unlike others, the Spurs game didnt change my opinion back, because i thought it would be another false dawn, much like the Sheff Yoo game proved to be :(

I am very close Lineker's left foot. I think Levein has made some real positive moves for the club. Sadly, these are not showing in the most important area, the results.

I have always believed that if a club has a squad of good players, questions must be asked of the manager. We are that club. Our performance against Tottenham shows that. It is a shame really that some of the players who Levein has backed, shown faith in and brought down to England have not repaid that trust. I'm thinking of Hamill, Kisnorbo and too an extent Maybury and De Vries. In fact, there are very few players who can hold their heads up high. I am surprised any of them can look Levein in they eye for they will get him the sack if they continue to perform as they do.

The second half today was one of the most disappointing moments I have experienced as a city fan. No fight, no passion, no ideas. Just pure hopelessness with only one decent attempt on goal. It sounded horrific on the radio and can only think how much worse it must have been to go.

Is our midfield that dependent on 2 players? One a loan player, the other a player leaving in the summer for Holland. I am not Gudjonsson's biggest fan but we missed him dramatically today. I could even say we missed Tiatto or Wilcox the way Hamill has played in the last two games.

The fact is, I don't think a new manager is what we need. In fact, I would still say that I still back Levein. We need a good signing. Someone to lead the middle of the park. McCarthy is becoming that captain of the defence, but in midfield, we have only silence. We need to buy an experienced player to marshall the midfield and drive them on. Only names I can think of are people like Stephen Clemence or Gary Flitcroft.

Next game is probably the decider for Levein for both me and possibly the board.

I basically go along with what breadandcheese has written. I'm really not a fan of chopping and changing mid-season - I still believe we will stay up and that Levein's position should be "reviewed" in May. If our losing streak continues for too much longer I would obviously change my mind.

I'm still not in the Levein-out brigade yet, but there are several glaring on-field problems which Levein must wise-up to soon.

After yesterday I am seriously leaning towards the OUT camp.Those that didn't go cannot comprehend how totally clueless we were in the second half when Wednesday just sat back and let us have the ball.There was no width,no creativity,no shape,no balance,simply no idea. Pumping the ball into the box for their centre halves to head away or more often overhitting it out of play was soul destroying to watch.Taking Hammond off before Hamill was quite properly greeted by "You don't know what youre doing"- He didn't .........

I basically go along with what breadandcheese has written. I'm really not a fan of chopping and changing mid-season - I still believe we will stay up and that Levein's position should be "reviewed" in May. If our losing streak continues for too much longer I would obviously change my mind.

I'm still not in the Levein-out brigade yet, but there are several glaring on-field problems which Levein must wise-up to soon.

He doesn't even seem to acknowledge that these problems exist, let alone try to solve them.

Poor man management, poor motivator, poor tactician.

I must say I'm still on the 'give him a bit more time' stage but not sure how much longer this can last!! :(

I am a season ticket holder but don't do away (too poor) but even listening now is becoming hard to do... Not just because of John Barber's commentary!!

Like all managers he seems to have his chosen few (Kisnorbo, Maybury, Douglas etc...) even when playing badly he wont drop. This must change!!!

I'll give him until the end of the month and then see if there are any improvements now that the players know they're in a relegation fight... :cry:

But one thing I'll never do is boo my team or players before, during or after the match!!

In over a year he's made no improvement on the pitch at all.

He's taken us to our worst league position in 15 years and he doesn't even seem to appreciate the trouble we're in. Whatsmore, the on field problems don't even seem to have been identified, let alone rectified and the same old tired excuses are being peddled out.

He doesn't know what to do - he is out of his depth.

His lack of tactical awareness is evident most matches.

His lack of motivational skills are evident every game now.. the players can naturally lift themselves for a cup game against bigger teams but for the league games against those around us, Levein cannot fire them up.

There isn't a hell of a lot more to being a manager.. granted some of his signings have been good.. others have been awful.

Bottom three just isn't good enough and I can't see it getting much better.

I said at the beginning if we hit the bottom 3 then the club has no choice but to seriously review his position. If it is financially viable then there is only one choice they can make. If it's not then we are stuck with him.

The 90 minutes yesterday was laughable.

Archived