Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v cardiff

---------------------------------BIG Rab---------------------

Stearman ---- McCarthy © --- Gerrbrand ----- Maybury

Hammond ---- Hughes ---------- Williams ------- Smith

------------------ Fryatt ------- Huuuuume -----------------

Subs ; Henderson, De Vries, Nissa, Wesolowski, Kisnorbo

i dont think this team will be selected though i think this should be the team from now on week in week out. obviously making exceptions for injuries / suspensions but i see no reason why that 11 cannot beat cardiff by 2 or more goals. they're nothing great. and welsh too!

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Gerrbrand (or Johansson if not fit)

Sheehan

Hammond

Williams

Hughes

Smith

Hume

Fryatt

Playing 4-4-1-1.

This should completely cut out any hoof ball. With lots of pace on the wing and skill in the middle. Let's play our way out of this trouble.

Plus I've noticed many people have have also put Hammond on the right wing. This Must Be Tried at least once

This should completely cut out any hoof ball. With lots of pace on the wing and skill in the middle. Let's play our way out of this trouble.

Plus I've noticed many people have have also put Hammond on the right wing. This Must Be Tried at least once

ok first a comment on the italics part of your post.

i completely agree leave the hoof ball out, we beat sheff utd 4-2 with our front 4! and we played our best football so far this season, but against sheffield wednesday all we did was hoof it to de vries and hope to get lucky, therefore we lost! we must play hume and fryatt and hope smith plays 1 of his best games terrorising cardiffs right back.

and now to the 2nd part of your post.

when i 1st saw hammond i think against stoke at home for 10 minutes he looked dangerous showing good pace, skill and balance on the right wing. since then he hasnt showed me the same potential but hopefully if he's played on the right he could do more ofthe same. heres hoping!

---------------Rab----------------

------Stearman----McCarthy------Gerrbrand-----Sheehan--------

-----Hammond------Hughes--------Williams-------Smith----------

---------------------Fryatt-------------Hume-----------------

Would really love to see how this team would perform. Only concerns would be how Hammond would adapt on the wing and whether he could beat players and produce good quality crosses and also would Williams be an effective holding midfield player. Would usually put Joey there but as he is suspended and also we cant afford to leave a player of William's ability out!

--------------------hederson----------------

maybury-----mcarthy----nils e-j-------sheehan

-------------------stearman------------------

hughes-------------williams---------------smith

---------------fryatt--------hume----------------

subs: o'grady,hammond,weso,douglas,gerrbrand

Like this selection, only changes I'd suggest are play O Grady instead of Hume as he was a completely Lazy Sack in the Reserves!! Not mention O Grady having fairly decent control and aerial ability!! Think Dublin played ok at back for Reserve's too, dangerous at set pieces (well I mean shoulda scored 3!!!) But we did lose 4-1 so maybe not!! :rolleyes:

Like this selection, only changes I'd suggest are play O Grady instead of Hume as he was a completely Lazy Sack in the Reserves!!

Hume was probably embarressed to be there, and actually offended, cus he's never been given a good run of games in the side since joining the club.

Hume was probably embarressed to be there, and actually offended, cus he's never been given a good run of games in the side since joining the club.

Touche! You're probably right, has looked good when playing for first team!! Coulda put some effort in though (you surely gotta play for your spot? Unless you're De Vries)

Henderson

Stearman

Mcarthy

Gerrbrand (If fit)

Sheehan

Hammond (Might as well give him a chance there)

Hughes

Williams (Or poss Weco (holding role))

Smith

O Grady ( :D )

Fryatt

Subs: Hume, Weco, Nelly the **** elephant, Rab and Maybury

Mine would be

Henderson

Stearman

Mcarthy

Gerrbrand

Sheehan

Gudjonnsson

Hughes

Smith

Fryatt

Hume

I dont think levein will pick all these but this is what i feel will be our strongest side

Not really a starting 11 seeing as there's only 10 players. I know we play better with 10 so is that the team selection theory here?

you can near enough gurrantee that deep freeze will get a start he wont play sheehan hammill will probably get on in second half as will his boyfriend kissykissynorbo also rab c nesbitt will be in goal :mad::mad::mad:

You are also missing his other bum chum, Maybury

i dont know i think on his day maybury can be pretty decent but has not done the biz recently

I'd go as far as to say he's not really performed all season. He looked pretty solid last season when he arrived but there's been several instances this year when he's been a liability e.g QPR. He did his best to get sent-off against spurs too when lennon spent the 1st half making him look like a clown

--------------------- Douglas --------------------

Stearman - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Sheehan

Hughes ----- Weso ----- Williams ------ Smith

-------------- Fryatt -------- Hume -------------

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Johansson, Kisnorbo, Hammond

:thumbup:

i dont know i think on his day maybury can be pretty decent but has not done the biz recently

I think Maybury is one of our best players yet CL keeps playing him out of position as a left back, he is always having to cut inside, I think our biggest problem is lack of a left back !

As much as I would like to see Fryatt and Hume up front on saturday I put money on that it'll be Deep Freeze and Hammond ...

I think Maybury is one of our best players yet CL keeps playing him out of position as a left back, he is always having to cut inside, I think our biggest problem is lack of a left back !

You may be right, however Maybury's best position is right back and at the moment I'd take Stearman there as his form is such that he is currently one of, if not the best player we have.

--------------------- Douglas --------------------

Stearman - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Sheehan

Hughes ----- Weso ----- Williams ------ Smith

-------------- Fryatt -------- Hume -------------

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Johansson, Kisnorbo, Hammond

:thumbup:

Spot on Chimp! SHEEHAN FOR LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! :mad:

It's as simple as this - Hume and Fryatt must play.

Just like the Norwich game, Levein will probably come out and say that Cardiff will sit deep and hit us on the break. So that will mean playing de Vries upfront because he'll be a nuisance in the box, allegedly.

Substitute 'Norwich' with 'Cardiff'

"Norwich, as a team, sit quite deep. They sit on the edge of their box and their midfield sits tight in front of them. That brings Mark de Vries into the equation because at some point we are going to have to throw the ball into the box''

Archived