Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v cardiff

--------------------douglas

stearman--macarthy--johanson--sheehan

--------------------maybury

--------hume------hughes------smith

-------------hammond--fryatt

Subs: gerrbrand, kisnorbits (unwillingly) hamill, de lump 1, de lump 2 (dubs).

Back four, with maybury to protect them and breed a calming influence.

Midfield trio of hume, hughes and smith. All have a desire to win, can tackle, and can dictate an attacking standard well capable of hurting cardiff. Hughes being the slightly more defensive. Smith can go wide left, with back up from sheehan. Hughes, hammond, hume and stearman can go wide right.

We desperately need a goal-getter, well fryatt was brought in to do that, and although hume can score and is our best striker, we need to create from midfield. Hammond has great pace, and would be a good foil for fryatt. Hammond can also do what de lump cant, and thats run the wing.

This team has 3 striker, 2 midfield attacking players, its designed to create and SCORE goals.

Back four, with maybury to protect them and breed a calming influence.

Midfield trio of hume, hughes and smith. All have a desire to win, can tackle, and can dictate an attacking standard well capable of hurting cardiff. Hughes being the slightly more defensive. Smith can go wide left, with back up from sheehan. Hughes, hammond, hume and stearman can go wide right.

We desperately need a goal-getter, well fryatt was brought in to do that, and although hume can score and is our best striker, we need to create from midfield. Hammond has great pace, and would be a good foil for fryatt. Hammond can also do what de lump cant, and thats run the wing.

This team has 3 striker, 2 midfield attacking players, its designed to create and SCORE goals.

Good team, but i would rather stearman swop for maybury as i think he is more comfortable in the centre

I cant see us even getting a point unless we play an attacking side such as:

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Gerrbrand Sheehan

Hughes Williams Weso Smith

Hume Fryatt

Maybury should be dropped was awful at shef Wed. Sheehan not only is a good LB, he also offers someting extra with set pieces and free kicks, something that every team but us seems to have. I think that apart from the LB position, the other three positions pick themselves.

Weso as Gudjonsson is still suspended isnt he?

With Hume and Fryatt up front, this stops the tendency to pump high balls.

Fryatt should start every game as he is the only natural finisher really at the club.

Leveins obvious reluctance to play Hume in his natural position (attacking midfielder, just behind strikers)

means that he starts up front.

This is a football team capable of playing FOOTBALL and one which could BREAK TEAMS DOWN, which we have struggled to do this season

Rest of squad: Elvis

O'Grady

Johansson

Maybury

Morris

Hendo

MDV

Looks like Stearman will be ok to play:

Stearman On The Mend

Craig Levein says that Richard Stearman should be available for the Championship clash against Cardiff at the weekend.

The 18-year-old right-back was forced to limp out of Saturday's defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday with a dead leg.

But Levein says the youngster is responding to treatment and should be on hand to take a place in the squad for the fixture against Dave Jones' Bluebirds.

He said: "Richard should be ok to train on Thursday ahead of the Cardiff game.

"He is a young lad so I wouldn't expect it to be too much of a problem."

Meanwhile, the Leicester manager will also have Ryan Smith available once again after the Arsenal loan star was forced to sit out the Owls match through suspension.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~769203,00.html

But possibly more importantly for Ric.... Weso could be in the squad!

He added: "James has played a part in an Academy and a reserve game, but the hope now is to give him the full 90 minutes against Arsenal [Reserves].

"If he does ok then I will be tempted to include him in the squad for the game against Cardiff on Saturday or if not then the fixture the following Tuesday against Plymouth.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~769166,00.html

Looks like Stearman will be ok to play:

But possibly more importantly for Ric.... Weso could be in the squad!

Excellent news. People have heard my views on Wesolowski enough times so I won't go over board, but if there was a player that could bail Levein out the shit short term then this lad could be the one. Ok, goals are what win matches but watching a midfield general completely dictate play might make the other cooooonts wake up abit and start playing football for the club.

------------------Henderson-------------------

-Stearman---McCarthy--Gerrbrand---Maybury-

-Hammond---Williams---Hughes------Smith-

--------------Fryatt--Hume----------------

Subs: Douglas, Sheehan, Wesolowski, Johansson, O'Grady

Any team without Hamill, Kisnorbo, and De Vries will do for me. If 3rd bottom in the Championship hasn't made Levein realise these 3 Hearts chums of his are not upto Championship football, then nothing will and we will get relegated. OUT.

The sooner Hume and Fryatt are starting up front together and develop an understanding the more chance we've got in getting out of the mess we're in.

After last nights impressive displays, im substituting my subs :D now putting weso and morris on the bench for the lumps.

My prediction for the team is:

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Johansson

Hughes

Wesolowski

Williams

Smith

Fryatt

de Vries

Subs: Dublin, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Hammond, Hume

Although I suppose he might keep Nissa in the middle, put Kisnorbo in at LB and Gerrbrand on the bench..

My prediction for the team is:

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Johansson

Hughes

Wesolowski

Williams

Smith

Fryatt

de Vries

Subs: Dublin, O'Grady, Kisnorbo, Hammond, Hume

Although I suppose he might keep Nissa in the middle, put Kisnorbo in at LB and Gerrbrand on the bench..

Where's Maybury? Levein won't drop Maybury will he? Or have I missed something.

I'd like to see O'Grady on the right wing with Hume and Fryatt through the middle and Smith on the left.

-----------Alan"Claude"Maybury

Shall we track a few quotes down, specifically the ones where you claim Kisnorbo is a good player ( better then Joey ) who will be playing in Centre mid for the forseeable future, oh and the ones about his fantastic passing which is hardly ever backwards or sideways.

Rab (sigh)

Stearmen

Niles

Mcarthy

Maybury

Hughes

Williams

Wesolowski

Smith

Fryatt

Hume

Where's Maybury? Levein won't drop Maybury will he? Or have I missed something.

I'd like to see O'Grady on the right wing with Hume and Fryatt through the middle and Smith on the left.

Ha, I completely forgot about him actually. I wouldn't have done that last season when he was playing well... I suppose he'd go on the bench, I was just thinking that Stearman must play at RB, McCarthy at CB, Nissa has done ok recently so shouldn't be dropped, a fit Gerrbrand is too good to leave out... and I didn't even think of Maybury. I suppose he'll probably play LB with either Nissa or Gerrbrand in the middle... tough choice though.

I did think of saying O'Grady on the wing but I can't see Levein going for it really, I imagine he'll be in the 16 though.

Did O'Grady impress you last night Ric?

Massively. Reminded me of a young Collymore.

He has come on leaps and bounds at Rushden and I thought he played really, really well last night.

Quick feet, powerful in the air, lethal shot and some excellent one-two's with Hume in tricky circumstances (.e. being closed down by 2 or 3 players)

He sometimes drifted out to the wing and looked excellent out there, swung in quality crosses that were crying out for a City player to get on the end of.

He looked very confident aswell, something he lacked before he went to Rushden.

Massively. Reminded me of a young Collymore.

He has come on leaps and bounds at Rushden and I thought he played really, really well last night.

Quick feet, powerful in the air, lethal shot and some excellent one-two's with Hume in tricky circumstances (.e. being closed down by 2 or 3 players)

He sometimes drifted out to the wing and looked excellent out there, swung in quality crosses that were crying out for a City player to get on the end of.

He looked very confident aswell, something he lacked before he went to Rushden.

Yeah, i must admit i thought he looked quite good in the warm up at sheff wed, i know its only a warm up, but he seemed to have a swagger about him, something i thought he lacked when i had seen him before. :thumbup:

--------------------hederson----------------

maybury-----mcarthy----nils e-j-------sheehan

-------------------stearman------------------

hughes-------------williams---------------smith

---------------fryatt--------hume----------------

subs: o'grady,hammond,weso,douglas,gerrbrand

Shall we track a few quotes down, specifically the ones where you claim Kisnorbo is a good player ( better then Joey ) who will be playing in Centre mid for the forseeable future, oh and the ones about his fantastic passing which is hardly ever backwards or sideways.

Rab (sigh)

Why are you bringing up months old quotes?

Rab has shown a decent standard of play recently. Is henderson fully fit?

Why are you bringing up months old quotes?

Rab has shown a decent standard of play recently. Is henderson fully fit?

beacuse I enjoy telling you I told you so.

I have no idea, I presume so. At least fit enough to sit on the bench.

Rab's been alright but you do wonder when the next gaff is coming.

------------------------Douglas--------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

--Maybury---McCarthy-----Gerrbrand----Sheehan---

--Hammond----Hughes------Williams------Smith-----

------------------Fryatt--------Hume--------------------

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Wesolowski, De Vries, O'Grady

Give Sheehan a start at left back, when he's on he is a very useful left back - and alongside Smith could allow some good attacking play. Stick Elvis down the right as he is exceptionally good down there, better than Momo and very attacking. Tempted to start with Wesolowski but I've gone with Williams instead alongside Hughes - although I would bring on Weso at some point, probably for Williams but that depends on performance during the game. Give Fryatt his first start alongside Hume, see how they work it out together - probably very good. Drop Kisnorbo (I wish) and Nils (more reluctantly) and have Stearman take a place on the bench alongside De Vries and O'Grady. No place for Dion and Sylla (even though I believe he is still away).

------------------------Douglas--------------------------

--Maybury---McCarthy-----Gerrbrand----Sheehan---

--Hammond----Hughes------Williams------Smith-----

------------------Fryatt--------Hume--------------------

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Wesolowski, De Vries, O'Grady

Give Sheehan a start at left back, when he's on he is a very useful left back - and alongside Smith could allow some good attacking play. Stick Elvis down the right as he is exceptionally good down there, better than Momo and very attacking. Tempted to start with Wesolowski but I've gone with Williams instead alongside Hughes - although I would bring on Weso at some point, probably for Williams but that depends on performance during the game. Give Fryatt his first start alongside Hume, see how they work it out together - probably very good. Drop Kisnorbo (I wish) and Nils (more reluctantly) and have Stearman take a place on the bench alongside De Vries and O'Grady. No place for Dion and Sylla (even though I believe he is still away).

I would agree, but Maybury instead of Stearman? No way.

Archived