Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Too late to sack Levein

Just wondered if people agree with me on this one.

Personally I think we probably should have got rid of Levein after the Palarse game which would have gave the next boss time to settle in and bring in new players this mounth if needed. I think now it's too late to get rid of him, and if a new manager was to come in it could be too late, for him too change it.

This is why now I feel we have to stick with Levein, the chance to get rid of him has gone, and now we have to hope for the best and chuck him in the summer.

Personally I think we probably should have got rid of Levein after the Palarse game which would have gave the next boss time to settle in and bring in new players this mounth if needed. I think now it's too late to get rid of him, and if a new manager was to come in it could be too late, for him too change it.

This is why now I feel we have to stick with Levein, the chance to get rid of him has gone, and now we have to hope for the best and chuck him in the summer.

I agree.

I agree aswell .

It is too late now instead of bringing in a new manager now and changing everything round, we should stick with what we have got for now and try to pull through.

Then next season (if needed) we should get a new manager.

I think we all no now that the board are not going to sack Levein, so why dont we get behind him and the team for the remainder of the season and try and get out of this mess we are in.

I agree aswell .

It is too late now instead of bringing in a new manager now and changing everything round, we should stick with what we have got for now and try to pull through.

Then next season (if needed) we should get a new manager.

I think we all no now that the board are not going to sack Levein, so why dont we get behind him and the team for the remainder of the season and try and get out of this mess we are in.

Well said.

we dont have to get behind him we have to get behind the team!!! the team is the thing that needs the motivation! i do agree that the chance has gone for him to go though, never know he may well get us out of it, we can all hope anyways!!

If there was a candidate waiting in the wings I think the board would have turned to him by now, but who can tell with nice but dim and the invisible chairman in charge.

I'd hope that they at least force CL to change his 1st team coach, this worked with MA when the board forced him to work with Steve Cotterill that was until Mickey worked out that Cotterill might take his job and he froze him out.

Disagree. Yes he should have been sacked a few games ago, but it doesn't mean it's "too late".

He should go ASAP, now if possible!!! A new manager will still have 18 games to sort us out, that's still 54 points to play for. If we keep Levein for any longer things will just get worse. We will almost certainly go down imo.

The board have wasted enough time on this fool already, they can't afford to hesitate any longer. Get rid now.

It's amazing how the keep Levein clan have now lowered their argument to absurdity. Previously they were telling us how great he is and that there is no way we would ever go down under this messianic manager. Oh! how he is bringing on this young, cheaper team!!! Now we can't let him go because it's too late. Just face up to the facts. It's never nice getting rid of your manager. If he stays a minute longer that's a minute nearer certain relegation.

Given time to think about your post, I have to say agreed as well, In a way. Problem being he will only get sacked in the summer if we go down :cry: If we sack him now Im sure we will do a forest and go down :cry: Despite what certain people think, a new manager will need at least a couple of months to sort it out, by which time we will be in deep S**T. You will not see a instant improvement (possible a short honey moon period and thats it)

At the same time though I will find it very hard to hold my self back from calling for his head if we lose to Cardiff and I dont think i'll be the only one.

We keep Levien and we're down.

He needs to get chucked , but I feel that If he's in charge for Plymouth , it will be too late for someone to come in ,and assemble the squad get to know the players and start winning games.

Cardiff is the last chance to get rid of him.

Given time to think about your post, I have to say agreed as well, In a way. Problem being he will only get sacked in the summer if we go down :cry: If we sack him now Im sure we will do a forest and go down :cry: Despite what certain people think, a new manager will need at least a couple of months to sort it out, by which time we will be in deep S**T. You will not see a instant improvement (possible a short honey moon period and thats it)

At the same time though I will find it very hard to hold my self back from calling for his head if we lose to Cardiff and I dont think i'll be the only one.

The question is: Are we going to go down with a fight (new manager) or a whimper Levein)? And which is the preferable alternative?

It's amazing how the keep Levein clan have now lowered their argument to absurdity. Previously they were telling us how great he is and that there is no way we would ever go down under this messianic manager. Oh! how he is bringing on this young, cheaper team!!! Now we can't let him go because it's too late. Just face up to the facts. It's never nice getting rid of your manager. If he stays a minute longer that's a minute nearer certain relegation.

Prove it.

The question is: Are we going to go down with a fight (new manager) or a whimper Levein)? And which is the preferable alternative?

Look mate there no gurantee we will go down with a wimper under Levein espically if he achives the back to back victories he needs in the next seven days ( fair enough can't see it). There is also ABSLOUTLEY no way of knowing if we will go down with a fight under a new manager. Espically seeing as there is no way you can tell what appointement our board will make.

I'm not backing the bloke, if there was a solution which included a new manager being given a couple of months to get to know the club/players and money to sign new players, I would be all for it, that time has been and very much gone however. And IMO we now found ourselves in a rather unfortunate damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Which is why im doing my best just to avoid what seems like to be the only topic of conversation on this board, and just keep my fingers crossed for the next 7 days.

Look mate there no gurantee we will go down with a wimper under Levein espically if he achives the back to back victories he needs in the next seven days ( fair enough can't see it). There is also ABSLOUTLEY no way of knowing if we will go down with a fight under a new manager. Espically seeing as there is no way you can tell what appointement our board will make.

I'm not backing the bloke, if there was a solution which included a new manager being given a couple of months to get to know the club/players and money to sign new players, I would be all for it, that time has been and very much gone however. And IMO we now found ourselves in a rather unfortunate damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Which is why im doing my best just to avoid what seems like to be the only topic of conversation on this board, and just keep my fingers crossed for the next 7 days.

There's no guarantee on anything Manwell. I base my judgement of going down with a whimper on Levein's track record since being here. It would take a change of monumental proportions to better that in the next 18 games. Hence, in my humble opinion, any new manager would be better than the current incumbent.

craig hasnt really done to much in regards to winning matches since he has been here.

i think he has only won twice on the trot in the league once and a grand total of 5 wins from , is it 28 games now proves he has not got what it takes to keep this club up.

we have 18 games left to manage avoiding the drop and going by ClueLess past record at this club he isnt going to do it. he cant even pinpoint the problem and still does not seem to know his best eleven .

under CL we are more certain for relegation than if we gamble and find a new manager.

problem is i think the board are prepared to accept relegation inspite of the noises they make in the media.

the absurb arguments are based on the fact he is better then whats been proposed, so 22nd in the championship on the 5th highest budget is better then whats been proposed?

megson didnt save forest but their fans didnt hang him for it, they respected the rot was there before he joined so it isnt a deathnail job, I think many managers would take the job if available.

I don't think it would be too late to replace him. However, the board would think otherwise. They've just given Levein 350k plus on a new striker, so they're hardly likely to boot him out after spending practically all of our transfer budget on our supposed 'saviour'?

Archived