Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Crowd Support

Just like Blanderson's insulting remark in the Mercury suggesting fans wanting the manager out were engaging in a "reflex action" so Levein's calling for crowd support is a bit rich.

The City contingent at Sheffield were bloody marvellous, shouting the opposition fans into silence for a good part of the first half and what happened...

As soon as we took the lead - after seven minutes for pity's sake -the forward momentum dropped and we started trying to hang on to what we had. Pathetic. Twelve games in succession have shown we can't keep a clean sheet so why not accept it and get some more goals.

The crowd will respond again on Saturday but even the diehards find it hard if there's no encouragement.

It's really in the manager's hands from the off but if he kops out he can hardly blame the crowd for doing the same.

yes, a very good point. i've had enough of all the talk to be honest, i'd rather see the time spent on trying to put things right, it's all mouth and no trousers at the moment, how can you expect fans to keep listening to what the manager has to say when it's just the same old story being told. it's time to shut up, and just get on with trying to win football games.

It's a two way thing. If the players show the effort and enterprise, the fans will in return create the support needed to push the team on. I'd be the first to admit our home support is at times dire.

However, take the Spurs game for example. The players were up for it, the crowd were up for it, and it was one of the factors why we played so well on the night.

The combination of a new stadium and the general poor performances from the team have contributed towards our support being pretty poor on the whole since we left Filbert Street.

I just hope that against Cardiff, the players will start the game well and set the tone.

I just hope that against Cardiff, the players will start the game well and set the tone.

that just has to be a must. if leicester come out of the blocks slowly, you really do have to ask serious questions of the managent, and indeed the players. this really is serious stuff now, they should be chomping at the bit to get out there and put things right, hopefully levein won't put the shackles on, otherwise it could get nasty.

Do you think that it has crossed Levein's mind that he could be the main reason for the fans not showing? It sounds like a plea from a desperate man!

I am fed up of listening to the same old same old being dished out. I would rather hear or read nothing at all to be honest.

I shall be there on Sat though but I have decided that if Levein and his players want my support, then I want to at least see some endeavour and passion to win the bloody game.

But is it surprising if he is asking fans to get behind the team, when he can hear some pockets of our fans at the Walkers boo Kisnorbo on to the pitch ?

Of course it's not surprising, and I don't condone the booing of Kisnorbo. However, Levein continues to play Kisnorbo, who is evidently out of his depth, and therefore exposing him to the treatment from a minority. A few chosen words from the manager won't convince those who choose to boo Kisnorbo.

But is it surprising if he is asking fans to get behind the team, when he can hear some pockets of our fans at the Walkers boo Kisnorbo on to the pitch ?

Excellent point. Short and precise and regardless if its the view of the fans that he is not good enough its not for them to boo him. CL picks the team from the squad that he has got and he stands or falls by the teams he picks. We all know CL is on egg shells but booing his players who are probably considerably better than those that boo but equally don't meet their expectations is out of order. IMO, by booing you own players, you put considerable pressure on them at a time its not welcome and you may as well support the opposition as you become their twelfth man.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

CL isn't stupid. If he can hear the fans booing one player, he must surely be able to hear the fans getting behind the team, which does happen, even if sporadically. He must also be able to put 2 and 2 together, and work out why the fans are louder at some times, and silent at others.

To me, this looks like a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from himself. Rather than putting the blame on his own shoulders, which he hasn't done yet, he's making out that the crowd are to blame for not backing the team, when clearly we are. Managers often do this in the latter part of their tenures.

CL isn't stupid. If he can hear the fans booing one player, he must surely be able to hear the fans getting behind the team, which does happen, even if sporadically. He must also be able to put 2 and 2 together, and work out why the fans are louder at some times, and silent at others.

To me, this looks like a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from himself. Rather than putting the blame on his own shoulders, which he hasn't done yet, he's making out that the crowd are to blame for not backing the team, when clearly we are. Managers often do this in the latter part of their tenures.

Good point, couldn't have put it better myself!! Not once has CL has put his hands up and laid the blame on himself!!!

Another thing, CL talks about crowd support but I never have haerd any of the city players come out in the press and back the manager or say the manager is 'wonderful'. I also think he has lost the players support, rumours of bust ups and CL dictator style management maybe true!!!

I was more than a little hacked off with CL in the fall out from the Sheffield Wednesday regarding our support. Ive said in another thread that the way we were treated by the players after the game was bang out of order and then he comes out and tells us we need to give more support. Like people have mentioned - it works both ways and we dont need HIM patronising us!

I was more than a little hacked off with CL in the fall out from the Sheffield Wednesday regarding our support. Ive said in another thread that the way we were treated by the players after the game was bang out of order and then he comes out and tells us we need to give more support. Like people have mentioned - it works both ways and we dont need HIM patronising us!

Not an excuse by any means but I suspect as always it was written by some one else, certainly someone who never ventured near Hillsborough. In fact it's probably an old one pulled out from our premier demise with MA's replaced by CL. :P

Not an excuse by any means but I suspect as always it was written by some one else, certainly someone who never ventured near Hillsborough. In fact it's probably an old one pulled out from our premier demise with MA's replaced by CL. :P

If CL had anything about him he should have kicked the players asses back onto the pitch to clap us, which just goes to prove he hasnt!

If CL had anything about him he should have kicked the players asses back onto the pitch to clap us, which just goes to prove he hasnt!

If he was the disciplinarian we are led to believe he should have made them all stay on the pitch, with himself until every last fan had left the stands, a bit of humiliation for them all wouldn't go amiss at this time. A bit of humility and less arrogance from CL would also be welcome.

If he was the disciplinarian we are led to believe he should have made them all stay on the pitch, with himself until every last fan had left the stands, a bit of humiliation for them all wouldn't go amiss at this time. A bit of humility and less arrogance from CL would also be welcome.

He's not the disciplinarian we have been led to believe is he? We've seen no evidence of this.

Everything positive we heard about him when he came, and pretty much everything he said in his first press conference (other than his youth policy) has been a lie.

Well perhaps if the players showed a bit more affection towards the fans, we might feel we can relate to them, going back to all my time as supporter i have never felt so distanced from the players.

Maybe it should be part of Craigs job to ensure they build some sort of relationship up with the fans.

The excuses always come out especially from that idiot Anderson in the Mercury, blaming the crowd for performances as soon as were in trouble.

He used to hate the pen1 supporters at Filbert Street (and boy do you and me miss them now)

Our fans will cheer on the team forever if we see a desire to win the match, we all have the right to have a go from the man in the executive box to the bloke trying to persude the club to move the kop next to the away fans so we can generate a bit of atmosphere at the Walkers Library

Cardiff will make a hell of a lot of noise tommorrow, they will be drinking by the time they cross the severn bridge, so lets SING UP even if it is to say "oi Kisnorbo your shit" (thats not serious"

From a few things I've seen written by Hearts fans that's not very likely, but I don't know. E-journalists don't easily get access to the manager's opinion directly. Bill Anderson might know though because he talks a lot to him. The Two of Hearts I call em.

Archived