Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Our fans are pathetic

From where I was sitting in the kop, I thought the fans were behind the team up until about the 70th minute when it became evident we were on course for another loss. Even at the end the fans where I was sitting showed appreciation to McCarthy and a few others but then when they trudged off they showed their concerns by shouting abuse at Levein and rightly so. I know it's quite pathetic for grown men and women to be literally bursting blood vessels shouting abuse at our manager but it gets to a stage when fans must voice their dissatisfaction to make the bafoons in charge of our club know that we won't stand for it.

Levein's post match interview was a classic, the man is in denial. I used to think he was an honest man but listening to that shower he spoke was embarassing for the club. 'Teams won;t score 30 yarders against us every week' 'Rab didn't have a save to make again' Yes Craig that's right he didn't have a save to make because he's crap.

Remarkable

Your point is actually not that valid. I see the same tables as you do. I read the same reports as you read. I listen to it live on the internet (if I am not drunk by then) I speak to people at length after the game whose views I value and some of which I disagree with.

Believe you me the only thing that I cant do is get to the game and because of that when I do get to the game, I treat it as a privilege and I REFUSE to boo the team or its manager or the board or individual players. I do this because I want our team to win unlike others that want our team to lose so they can win a personal battle in getting our manager kicked out sooner rather than later. I was at the five games earlier this year and the boo boys/girls were out in force then and when so called fans say they want us to lose because of our manager it disgusts me. When I was at Walkers this year we were mid table and holding are own yet the boo boys/girls were at it then. The only difference at the moment is we are not holding are own and are bottom of the table fighting to survive and the boo boys and girls are steadily increasing. I have not said you cant form a view as to the competence of a manager or player but what I have said is get of the players and managers back during the game and if you feel that strongly protest after the game and get it of your chest otherwise you are helping the opposition rather than the boys in blue. I have to admit that I was one of the people in the crowd protesting (outside the ground) for Bloomfields head to roll. That was a stupid mistake on my behalf.

A lot of people are shouting in the ground to get THEM out and maybe you can suggest what would happen if we got rid of all the people listed in my previous post (at this very moment in time as the crowd calls for their heads) and what role that would have in City surviving this year?. Hang on I hear it now "but we are not going to survive" Well I for one still have hope..........I for one also accept that those that think like me are in the minority but I for one will not boo any player, manager, board member, supporter, tea maker of this great club. I do share everyone's frustration at where we are and cant offer the solution but sacking everyone is certainly not the solution.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

All I am saying is that there is a massive discontent and frustration that does not come over on the radio phone-in's and commentaries. Just a few King Canute's on this forum continue their futile arguments. Removing the manager is absolutely essential if this club is to stand any chance of recovering in time to avoid relegation.

All I am saying is that there is a massive discontent and frustration that does not come over on the radio phone-in's and commentaries. Just a few King Canute's on this forum continue their futile arguments. Removing the manager is absolutely essential if this club is to stand any chance of recovering in time to avoid relegation.

Agreed! It soon dawns on you how bad the situation is when you've experienced the match live for 90 mins and another game goes without even a point or an apology from the ****in manager.

Well this is **** great isnt it? The club we ALL support is in dire straits are all some of you can do is have a pop at a lad who tells it like it is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, its a free country and all that bollocks BUT fans falling out amongst themselves isnt going to help us one bit. This messageboard does my head in sometimes :nono:

And yes Cobbo you should have broken his nose :thumbup:

Who are we supposed to be having a pop at Kat??

From where I was sitting in the kop, I thought the fans were behind the team up until about the 70th minute when it became evident we were on course for another loss. Even at the end the fans where I was sitting showed appreciation to McCarthy and a few others but then when they trudged off they showed their concerns by shouting abuse at Levein and rightly so. I know it's quite pathetic for grown men and women to be literally bursting blood vessels shouting abuse at our manager but it gets to a stage when fans must voice their dissatisfaction to make the bafoons in charge of our club know that we won't stand for it.

Levein's post match interview was a classic, the man is in denial. I used to think he was an honest man but listening to that shower he spoke was embarassing for the club. 'Teams won;t score 30 yarders against us every week' 'Rab didn't have a save to make again' Yes Craig that's right he didn't have a save to make because he's crap.

Remarkable

His comments on Ceefax were also vintage Levein "if we keep doing what we are doing then we will stay up" or something along those lines. So if we keep losing every week we'll stay up then Craig? Christ he should be a politician as he has all the qualities...2 faced, liar, dull as fcuk. Please board sack him and bring a wee bit of joy to hour lives!

I find it amazing that people can so easily confuse supporting and encouraging the team with support for the manager.

When I start shouting "Come on Leicester", I'm doing it for the players, not Levein. When we've got the ball and we have the chance to attack, I'm urging the players, not the manager. I support the club, I want the club to win, and to do that, I feel the need to encourage the players.

Booing, calling for the manager's head etc, is more often than not counter-productive. When has a team's negative support ever won a game? (Not just us, anywhere).

Besides, the stadium is designed to direct noise onto the pitch, so it doesn't make any difference if the fans are chanting for Levein out - it's the players who hear it, not Levein and not the directors.

Save your protests for after the game. The manager and directors might be in the dressing room/bar, but the media aren't.

If Levein has lost the players then maybe they are losing deliberately in order to force the board to sack him. His loverboys licke Kinsnorbo, Rab, De Lump etc know that wherever Craig manages after Leicester he is sure to sign thema agin so they couldn't give a t0ss about our situation or maybe they are just crap. Let's face it form guide for the last 3 months would probably have us rock bottom of the league.

This debate is pointless, i've read many like this over the years during the Taylor, Bassett, Adams and now Levein demise.

People are different, so you're never going to get everyone doing the same thing. It might be hard for some of you to understand the reactions some of the Leicester fans make, but it's eveident all fans of Leicester want the same thing - success. But more importantly we need to stay up this season, which quite frankly isn't a success but a bare necessity.

I said it a while ago. The reason this club will find it harder to escape the drop more than the likes of Crewe, Brighton, Millwall, Sheff Wed, etc is because for them it's an achievement to be in the Championship. For us, it's abit of an embrassment even though we have no devine right to be guaranteed atleast Championship status. Therefore the fans of the likes of Brighton and Crewe will be right behind their team for 90 minutes every match and it will give the club as good a chance as they are going to get to stay up. For us, the fans are going to be pissed off and rightly so, the players are going to be downbeat even if they claim not be and the losses will stack up just like they did at Forest last season.

Fans who don't want to boo the players fair enough, I begrudge booing them but my frustrations often boil over and I let myself down but then again the players and manager are letting the fans down week in, week out and it's no different. There comes a point where fans have had enough, some react in different ways.

Let's not fight between ourselves, whether some fans boo and some don;t won't change the situation we are in. If it did then we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place as we've got behind them all season. The fact is we've got a crap manager, some crap players and some fickle fans. But i'd hope we all want the same thing (the fans that is, it's evident some of the players couldn't give a shit and the manager is in denial, bless him.)

Let's stick together and do us fans proud, the club and fans are all seen as one but we're being let down so let's stick up for ourselves and force a change. It might help, it might not but we won't know if we don't try.

We're Leicester City, We Rule Supreme.

The Manager and the team are pathetic, the fans are angry, fed up, overcharged, entitled to reasonable performances, let-down, unappreciated, and still turn up an shell out.

Its the club that deserve our support, not the team, this bunch havent earned the right to my unconditional support. I will always support Leicester City, I have bought a season tcket every year since 1969, I will still go if we are relegated. However, I manitain the right to tell them when they are crap. Give me something to really cheer about and I will raise the roof, let me down time after time and I'll shout my feelings loudly.

Well said Teeno.

I was appalled at the section of fans who directed abuse at Kisnorbo/MDV, disgusting IMO. Kisnorbo actually played quite well and was one of the few fans who showed some passion/grit, yet these fans cheering his substitution have already made their mind up about him and are too blinkered to acknowledge his actual performance. These are no doubt the same fans cheering Smith, although he was poor and at fault for their first goal.

FFS, people round me didn't even cheer when we scored.

And the donkey noises they directed at MDV after he had just turned two players and put in a good cross, morons.

</rant over>

The last player who was this useless was Junior Lewis, Kisnorbo is not and will never be good enough. Neither was Lewis. FACT get over it

So he deserves to be abused, even if he's playing well? Even if he's trying harder than most of the other players? Even if he's playing better than people like Smith and Hughes?

So he deserves to be abused, even if he's playing well? Even if he's trying harder than most of the other players? Even if he's playing better than people like Smith and Hughes?

Apparently. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have players who cared than players who didn't. Seems like I'm in the minority.

Nice to see this thread got a bit of a heated discusion going.

I think this backs up my idea of some of our fans being pathetic.

After watching my team lose yet again I come home angry, concerned and bitterly dissapionted, I come on here express my views and I'm abused, well sorry for showing some passion.

Hate my first post to be a negative one, but kisnorbo is a waste of time.

I had high hopes for him when he first came (i think everyone did), yet in the time he has been hear he is clearly not cut out for us.

He cant pass, he cant run and cant tackle, is there anything he can do apart from playing like, well like the other guy said - Junior Lewis!.

Knowing are luck we would sell him and he would become world class.

Play Up City!

After watching my team lose yet again I come home angry, concerned and bitterly dissapionted, I come on here express my views and I'm abused, well sorry for showing some passion.

Sorry Teeno, but calling other fans 'pathetic' for trying to get Levein out is far too judgmental and many people, including myself, don't like fans taking such 'a holier than thou' attitude. You may support the players and the team for 90 minutes, but that doesn't make you right or wrong, or a better or a worse fan.

We all want Leicester to do well but some of us believe that no matter how much we support the team and the players, regardless how much noise we create and improve the atmosphere, a team under Levein is simply going to give a disgraceful account of themselves.

If anyone is pathetic in the club it's Levein. He's the one that's messed us up big time. People like me believe that under Levein, it doesn't make an iota of difference how well we support the team, they will still lose. If people think that by cheering on the lads for 90 minutes will help us win matches, they are kidding themselves.

One man (Levein) has more of an impact than most of the fans put together - not only on matchdays but everything else that goes on behind the scenes. He's the one that should be taking the flak, not certain sections of the supporters who booed him all game.

I don't think there's is anything wrong with calling are fans pathetic, because a lot of them are. They don't think of consequence and some are more pasionate about shouting at a manager all game the picking up 3 points.

Further points to back up my claim...

The majority of fans were against the groundshare but when it came to it how many joined in with the sit in and attended the meeting at the ground?

How many people wanted O'neill out after only the space of a few month (good job the board didn't do anything about that)

Sorry Teeno, but calling other fans 'pathetic' for trying to get Levein out is far too judgmental and many people, including myself, don't like fans taking such 'a holier than thou' attitude. You may support the players and the team for 90 minutes, but that doesn't make you right or wrong, or a better or a worse fan.

If anyone is pathetic in the club it's Levein. He's the one that's messed us up big time. People like me believe that under Levein, it doesn't make an iota of difference how well we support the team, they will still lose.

Sorry Anish, you have just shot yourself in the foot. In your view Teeno is judgmental for calling other fans 'pathetic' yet your calling for 'CL out' who is being judgmental now?

You dont like fans taking such a 'holier than thou' attitute. Double whamo on the Judgemental front for you sir.

You also say 'If anyone is pathetic in the club its Levein. Hes the one thats messed us up big time' Tripple whamo on the judemental front for you sir....Well done.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Dont let it stop being how you are Teeno, everyone's distressed about our current position and everyone is dealing with it in their own way. It's going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Archived