Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

Whats poor about him? he's got a bad Notts County side within touching distance of the play offs and was sacked unfairly from Stoke after starting well with them earlier in the season we were promoted, Clough is only being talked about because of the Man Utd game,other than that he's done nothing of significance.

He has also taken them from top after 10-15 games or so to tenth.

Don't know if this has been posted before but cotterill unhappy

Burnley boss fears Akinbiyi exit

12:20 1/24/2006

Steve Cotterill admits Ade Akinbiyi could be on his way to Sheffield United Football Club.

The Championship promotion chasers are believed to be weighing up a bid for the Burnley striker, and Cotterill admits he could be helpless in trying to block the transfer.

"The worst thing is that we're never in charge here and since I've been here, I've never ever been in charge of what happens with players leaving," the Clarets boss said. "That's my ambition in my career, to one day be in charge of that."

peter reid and gary mac will be unveilled in a press conference on monday. if the deal falls through for whatever reason dion dublin will be player manager til end of the season. this is 99.9% completed so will wait and see on monday :D

Why oh why would we install Dion in case of the Peter Reid deal falling thru?

We already have a caretaker boss in place who actually has coaching/management experience.

That just doesn't make any sense. By association, then, neither does the first bit. New boss on Monday? I think not.

I can guarantee that Reid or gary mac will not be manager trust me on this one

thats good enough for me , dynamite called leveins departure day right

peter reid and gary mac will be unveilled in a press conference on monday. if the deal falls through for whatever reason dion dublin will be player manager til end of the season. this is 99.9% completed so will wait and see on monday :D

How exactly can it be 99% complete when our board have yet to interview anyone..?

FOXES SILENT ADMITS THOR

STEVIE RODEN

12:00 - 28 January 2006

Link

Gudjon Thordarson today said he had heard nothing about the vacant manager's position at Leicester City.

The Foxes sacked Craig Levein earlier this week and the Notts County manager has been linked with the job.

Thordarson's son, Joey Gudjonsson, plays for the Championship side and he goes to the Walkers Stadium to watch him play when he can.

But the Notts boss said he had heard nothing.

Thordarson said: "I have not got a clue what's going on. All I know is that Craig Levein has gone and Rob Kelly is in charge at the moment down at Leicester.

"I have not been in any contact at all and do not know what is taking place."

But Thordarson, whose side travel to Chester today in League Two, said it is flattering to be linked with a big Championship club.

He said: "It is pleasing because it is a big club with big potential and with good support.

"It is a club I feel sorry for because my son is playing there. I have seen what has been taking place over the last two years and it is a disappointing position for them."

And the Magpies and former Iceland national manager admitted if he was approached, it would be tempting.

He said: "It is human nature and it is the same for me and my players."

Meanwhile Thordarson is fully concentrating on bolstering his striking options ahead of Tuesday's transfer window closing.

Have heard Gudjonsson's dad will be the next manager !!

Hope not!!! That will show just how far we've dropped if he gets it. No disrespect to him but he's the sort of manager Stoke, Notts County, Walsall etc. etc have. We've always been better than that.

Archived