Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, from the Merc yesterday:

I'd be interested in the city job - Reid

Peter Reid has thrown his hat into the ring to replace Craig Levein at Leicester City.

The former Manchester City, Sunderland and Coventry boss admits that managing a club of City's size would interest him.

Reid, who has been out of football since he parted company with the Sky Blues in January 2005, has been heavily linked with the job since Levein's sacking on Wednesday, though he has yet to make contact with the club.

He immediately became one of the bookmakers' favourites for the job alongside former City midfielder Gary McAllister, who has been ruled out of the running.

Speaking exclusively to the Mercury, Reid admitted his interest in the City job.

"I would have to be interested in a club of Leicester's magnitude," said the former England international midfielder.

"It's a club with great tradition and a wonderful stadium."

As a player, Reid won League Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup honours with Everton and was voted PFA Player of Year. He was capped 13 times by England and played in the 1986 World Cup finals.

His first managerial appointment was at Manchester City, and he guided them to two fifth-placed finishes in the top division before being controversially being dismissed.

Reid moved to Sunderland in March 1995 when the team were bottom of Division One.

He helped them avoid relegation and led them to promotion the following year.

A relegation and another promotion followed but Sunderland established themselves as a top-flight club before Reid was sacked in 2002 after just two wins the opening nine games of the season.

Reid had a brief stint at Leeds following the departure of Terry Venables, helping them to avoid relegation in 2003, but left after a 6-1 defeat at Portsmouth in his 22nd match in charge.

He took over at Coventry at the start of last season and spent just 30 games there before making way for Micky Adams with the Sky Blues at the lower end of the Championship.

Among the other names mentioned in connection with City are Steve Cotterill of Burnley, Luton's Mike Newell, Brentford's Martin Allen and Nigel Clough of Burton Albion.

Cotterill is reported to be unhappy that Burnley sold top scorer Ade Akinbiyi this week, though it is understood that he is likely to get a sizeable proportion of the £1.75million fee to spend in the transfer market.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

So, Reid hasn't spoken to the club yet and Gary Mac is out of the running.

I accept all kinds of apologies, Written, in person, by telephone

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...+Foxes+interest

What's to apologise for? , he probably doesn't even want the job he's just letting people know he's alive so he can pick up an easier job when it comes along, besides anyone can express an interest, he hasn't applied.

I'm interested but I've not got around to applying yet ;)

From Teamtalk.

Iceman committed to County

Notts County boss Gudjon Thordarson has played down rumours linking him with the vacant manager's job at Championship strugglers Leicester.

Thordarson watched his current charges continue their push back up League Two with a 2-0 win at 10-man Chester, courtesy of penalties from Julian Baudet and on-loan Nottingham Forest striker Eugene Dadi, who netted his first for the club.

The Icelander then pledged his immediate future to County, saying: "I am fully committed and just want to focus on our next game."

Thordarson was delighted with his side's defending, adding: "The second-half was a big improvement on the first, which was very scrappy. It was important that we did not concede, and it pleased me that we kept a clean sheet.

"We are slowly improving and that is nice to see. The players are having more faith in what we are trying to achieve."

I've been wanting to put a small amount on Cotterill for a couple of days now. I use skybet.com though and they don't seem to be offering odds.

Does anyone know where I can find odds online?

You should post that in here

fox123 seems to work for a bookies and posts regular updates. I'm sure he'd know.

Archived