Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

Thordarson in frame for Foxes job

County will try hard to keep Thordarson

BBC Radio Nottingham understands that Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson is on the shortlist to succeed Craig Levein as Leicester City manager.

Thordarson has led County, who are currently 10th in League Two, to the brink of the play-offs.

Any move for Thordarson is likely to be strongly resisted by the Magpies, as the Icelander has two and a half years left on his contract at Meadow Lane.

Other names in the frame are thought to include Peter Reid and Gary McAllister.

It is also understood that Thordarson came close to getting the Leicester job in succession to Micky Adams, but the Foxes opted instead for Levein, who was dismissed after the 1-0 defeat at Plymouth on Tuesday.

Thordarson in frame for Foxes job

County will try hard to keep Thordarson

BBC Radio Nottingham understands that Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson is on the shortlist to succeed Craig Levein as Leicester City manager.

Thordarson has led County, who are currently 10th in League Two, to the brink of the play-offs.

Any move for Thordarson is likely to be strongly resisted by the Magpies, as the Icelander has two and a half years left on his contract at Meadow Lane.

Other names in the frame are thought to include Peter Reid and Gary McAllister.

It is also understood that Thordarson came close to getting the Leicester job in succession to Micky Adams, but the Foxes opted instead for Levein, who was dismissed after the 1-0 defeat at Plymouth on Tuesday.

For what it is worth, what mad biker has to say. ;):thumbup:

Link

They seem to have deleted the thread now!!!

Someone was saying that cotterill had turned down a new contract and was set to walk out to take over here. They went into much greater detail but I can't remember it all.

(Admin message: Merged mainly because there's nothing there, as you now know :) davieG)

They seem to have deleted the thread now!!!

Someone was saying that cotterill had turned down a new contract and was set to walk out to take over here. They went into much greater detail but I can't remember it all.

hoorah for 5-4-1 <_<

i see in the mockery broadbent ,( what a name,) was banging on about black instead of reid.

personally i doubt reid has what it takes anymore , that spark he used to have faded sometime ago.

whether black has what it takes with players he does not know is open to question.

News on the street (well my street anyway)

Originally going to be John Gregory untilk the end of the season (before Craigs first stay of execution)

Latest is Graham Taylor until the end of the season, did ok with a bunch of celeb no hopers

News on the street (well my street anyway)

Originally going to be John Gregory untilk the end of the season (before Craigs first stay of execution)

Latest is Graham Taylor until the end of the season, did ok with a bunch of celeb no hopers

That is the worst rumour I have heard yet.

A Burnley poster on TFF:

"Have'nt posted on this website before , but I thought I'd share this information with you all.

I am the apprentice groundsman at Turf Moor , and as Akynbyi left for Sheffield Utd the other day , Cotterill demanded a meeting with the board. Now thats the last I had heard untill yesterday.

A few board members arrived early morning , and also Cotterill joined them aswell. The talk around Turf Moor is that Cotterill had demanded all of the transfer fee from the Akyinbyi transfer as the board had accepted the Sheffield Utd bid without consulting him.

Im not sure what they said but he stormed out and sped off in his car. My boss then went to snooop for some gossip and word is that the board told him he would have 20% of the transfer fee avaliable and that was all. Also Burnley had been approached by Leicester to interview Cotterill, this was first rejected but when Cotterill found out about the transfer saga and the Leicester intrest he made arrangements to meet with the Leicester board on monday morning. If all goes to plan , and with Cotterill being highly peed off at the minute , he will be at unvieled before the QPR game , but sit in the stands and watch.

Also to back this up , I asked the Cheif Ex who I get on with very well , whether there was any truth in this , and he replied '' I cannot give you a straight answer , All I can say is Steve is'nt happy at the club." "

So we'd still have to pay Burnley compensation?

Thankyou Burnley poster (assuming he's not making it up)

Maybe, but it could be minimal if the Burnley board and Cotterill reach some kind of agreement...

Archived