Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

FOXES HUNT NEWELL AND HOLLOWAY

By Alan Nixon

IAN HOLLOWAY and Mike Newell are on the shortlist to be the new manager at Leicester City.

Luton boss Newell and QPR chief Holloway have been targeted after Peter Reid ruled himself out of the running to replace Craig Levein, who was sacked last month.

Holloway won promotion with Rangers and has established them in the Championship since taking over five years ago.

But there has been plenty of speculation about his future at the cash-strapped club.

Newell, a former Foxes player, has revealed his frustration over transfers at Luton and started the bung culture row.

He would be keen on a move to City, but the £300,000 compensation the Hatters would demand could prove a problem.

Phil Parkinson, who masterminded Colchester United's FA Cup win over Derby County, is another target but approaches to Burnley's Steve Cotterill and Preston's Billy Davies were refused by the clubs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Some interesting stuff in there. If it's to be believed then Reid obviously hasn't been contacted as he wouldn't have ruled himself out if he had been... 300k compensation for Newell (allowing for the usual tabloid rounding up, it's probably 200k)... and Phil Parkinson possibly contacted.

Some interesting stuff in there. If it's to be believed then Reid obviously hasn't been contacted as he wouldn't have ruled himself out if he had been... 300k compensation for Newell (allowing for the usual tabloid rounding up, it's probably 200k)... and Phil Parkinson possibly contacted.

Keep Holloway away and it don't sound too bad.

Can Jim fix it?

Sir Jimmy Saville made an unexpected appearance at the Walkers Stadium, Leicester earlier today.

The 79-year-old former broadcaster, who once made children's dreams come true on Jim'll Fix It, had been asked to grant the wishes of the Leicester City Board of Directors. The presenter was welcomed with open arms by Tim Davies who had previously penned an unsuccessful letter as a child to the BBC requesting a VIP day out to Filbert Street.

Sir Jimmy arrived in his trademark red tracksuit and gold chain to whoops of delight from the press pack and Peter Reid waiting outside the ground for news of Leicester's new manager.

"I have a violent nature, but you have nothing to fear from me," Sir Jimmy said as he shook TD's hand. With cigars and two cans of baked beans tucked under his arm, Sir Jimmy informed the group that "a good Royal Marine always travels equipped".

"I'm here because I thought you might need something fixing", he added, to which TD replied "Yes, we've asked all of the other clubs in the Championship for permission to speak to their manager & we've been turned down by all".

Sir Jimmy, chomping on one of his huge cigars, let out a customary "now then, now then, guys & galls." He then went on to explain that he would do his upmost to "fix it" so that Michael Barrymore would be the next Leicester City Manager or failing that Chantelle.

Sir Jimmy promised to return to the Walkers once he had completed his task so that he could hand out the Jim'll fix badges to each board member.

Sky Sports News later reported that they'd seen the Krankies arriving for a late meeting with the Board.

Can Jim fix it?

Sir Jimmy Saville made an unexpected appearance at the Walkers Stadium, Leicester earlier today.

The 79-year-old former broadcaster, who once made children's dreams come true on Jim'll Fix It, had been asked to grant the wishes of the Leicester City Board of Directors. The presenter was welcomed with open arms by Tim Davies who had previously penned an unsuccessful letter as a child to the BBC requesting a VIP day out to Filbert Street.

Sir Jimmy arrived in his trademark red tracksuit and gold chain to whoops of delight from the press pack and Peter Reid waiting outside the ground for news of Leicester's new manager.

"I have a violent nature, but you have nothing to fear from me," Sir Jimmy said as he shook TD's hand. With cigars and two cans of baked beans tucked under his arm, Sir Jimmy informed the group that "a good Royal Marine always travels equipped".

"I'm here because I thought you might need something fixing", he added, to which TD replied "Yes, we've asked all of the other clubs in the Championship for permission to speak to their manager & we've been turned down by all".

Sir Jimmy, chomping on one of his huge cigars, let out a customary "now then, now then, guys & galls." He then went on to explain that he would do his upmost to "fix it" so that Michael Barrymore would be the next Leicester City Manager or failing that Chantelle.

Sir Jimmy promised to return to the Walkers once he had completed his task so that he could hand out the Jim'll fix badges to each board member.

Sky Sports News later reported that they'd seen the Krankies arriving for a late meeting with the Board.

Top post...as plausible as everything else so far ....... :thumbup: with a large dollop of wit

what were the commentators going on about today, with martin allen....every time i heard them mention it, i had to turn the radio down because the bloody phone started ringing.......i did do a lap of honour round our office tho when we won :blush:

what were the commentators going on about today, with martin allen....every time i heard them mention it, i had to turn the radio down because the bloody phone started ringing.......i did do a lap of honour round our office tho when we won :blush:

Something about Martin Allen resigning from Brentford.

A load of fluff probably, we've already heared that Newell wasn't at the Luton game - but yet he posted post-match comments on the Hatters OS. lol

Just looked at Brentford's website - he can't possible have resigned before the game, he made substitutes during the game. lol

Martin Allen then introduced new signing Calum Willock, who replaced Ricky Newman, while Eddie Hutchinson came on for Pratley

Source

I get the feeling most fans would approve of Newell's arrival and hope that Kelly/Stowell might be offered some work within the set up but that were Holloway the choice or pretty well anyone else mentioned that most people would rather Kelly continued at least until the end of the season.

He's certainly getting some effort and concentration from the players.

BBC

Leicester are still "some way" from finding a replacement for sacked manager Craig Levein, club chairman Jim McCahill has told BBC Sport. Levein's 14-month spell in charge ended on 25 January with the Foxes facing relegation from the Championship.

"We are some way away yet from making a decision," McCahill said.

"By the end of next week we hope to be concentrating on the last two or three recommended candidates but I can't comment on any individuals."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has turned down an approach from Leicester while Preston did likewise when their manager Billy Davies was targeted.

Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson, QPR boss Ian Holloway and Luton manager Mike Newell have all been linked with the post.

The former Blackburn coach lost his first two games at the helm but saw the Foxes take a vital three points at QPR.

If Kelly builds up a run of results, McCahill said he could find himself in the position over the long-term.

"We mustn't forget Rob Kelly is doing a good job," said McCahill.

"We've not ruled out Rob continuing to the end of the season with extra support from an experienced coach or manager.

"The longer results go our way the more it takes away the urgency of making an appointment.

"However, from the time Craig left our priority has been to preserve our Championship status and we know we need to sort the manager's position out."

I've read in the Sunday times today in the match report from yesterday's game, the journalist seems to think that Martin Allen is going to be the next manager as rumours suggest.

Who would you prefer the manager to be out of Newell or Allen?

I would probably go for Newell

Archived