Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

From RN Fox on Talkingballs. (He is genuine as he broke the Fryatt story well in advance)

"Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

A good friend of mine who works at Luton told me last night that Mike Newell will finish at Luton this week. I am a bit gutted as Steve Cotterill was the first choice and thats where my money went but we cannot seem to prise him away. Newell is the second choice and despite initially distancing himself from the job has now accepted the offer and will join us.#

Great young manager, a real scoop for the board and Tim Davies - come on you foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

From RN Fox on Talkingballs. (He is genuine as he broke the Fryatt story well in advance)

"Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

A good friend of mine who works at Luton told me last night that Mike Newell will finish at Luton this week. I am a bit gutted as Steve Cotterill was the first choice and thats where my money went but we cannot seem to prise him away. Newell is the second choice and despite initially distancing himself from the job has now accepted the offer and will join us.#

Great young manager, a real scoop for the board and Tim Davies - come on you foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Sun says that Newell will take over next week aswell!

The Sun says that Newell will take over next week aswell!

Newell's been my first choice from the start, just didn't think he would leave Luton or be within our price range. Maybe releasing Dublin, Wilcox and MDV's wages have given us a bigger kitty??!!??

Mike Newell's Blue and White Army

Get in ... :thumbup:

From Sky

Burnley manager Steve Cotterill has moved to reassure the club's fans that his heart is very much in the job, whilst also speaking of his pride at what he has achieved with the Lancashire side.

Since taking over the reins from long-serving manager Stan Ternant, Cotterill has turned The Clarets from relegation-fodder to play-off contenders.

Furthermore, the 41-year-old inherited a squad of just eight professionals still in contract, an escalating wage bill and an ageing squad of players.

Burnley now have a young squad who are aiming to build upon their recent success, a turnaround which has not gone unnoticed by a number of prudent chairmen.

Leicester City have already had one approach turned down by Burnley officials for the promising manager, with regards to the vacant manager's position at the club.

But Cotterill has told supporters that he has forged a deep bond with The Clarets and sees the club as something of a long-term project.

"Everyone wants to push on from what has been built here in the last 18 months, because it's been absolutely phenomenal," said Cotterill.

"The average age of the team has dropped dramatically, along with the budget, and we've got some good young players here who want to get better. They're not just here for the ride.

"My ties to the club are really strong now, that's why we've got a training pitch that cost nearly £300,000 - because Burnley FC needed one, not Steve Cotterill and the present players."

Burnley are currently 10th in The Championship, nine points outside the play-offs.

It had been reported that Cotterill was unhappy at losing star striker Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United during the transfer window.

My Boss (Derby fan) said his boss is/knows someone who is quite "high" up at Leicester - Board of Directors or something I don't know and his boss has said the board of a "east midlands" club is speaking to MON about taking over until the end of the season, apparently MON has already got the Man Utd job as soon as Alex Ferguson leaves.

As I said all I am putting it down as is a rumour, nice to hope about and nice to dream about, My boss is a Derby fan so he could just be winding me up, or my boss could be telling me something genuine but it doesn't stop his boss winding him up does it? This is how rumours start, and this rumour isn't anything new, we have all heard it and we are all hoping it does happen but I can't see it personally <_<

...Just reporting what I have been told.

Also another rumour I have been told (This isn't to do with Leicester) is that when souness (This was something I discussed earlier before souness sacking) Allerdice will take over at Newcastle, If there is decent odds for him to take over get your money on it is what i've been told, Not sure what the odds are though. :unsure:

I'm going to mark out, just becaue its O Niell.

OH MY GOD He's coming back!!!

Um

Like I have posted in all the other rumours. I will believe it if and when I see it. You may have been had here but I imagine that Leicester may well have at least asked MON if he wants to take over and keep us up. Whether or not if transpires into reality... we will see.... :blink:

I'm going to mark out, just becaue its O Niell.

OH MY GOD He's coming back!!!

Um

Like I have posted in all the other rumours. I will believe it if and when I see it. You may have been had here but I imagine that Leicester may well have at least asked MON if he wants to take over and keep us up. Whether or not if transpires into reality... we will see.... :blink:

Exactly although the liklyhood is low the club would have had to surly atleast ask MON, He can only say no.

43449.jpg

Cotterill: Staying with Clarets

Cotterill out of Fox hunt

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Leicester position and pledged his loyalty to the Clarets.

The Foxes, who sacked manager Craig Levein last week and are currently under the charge of caretaker boss Rob Kelly, have had an approach for permission to speak to Cotterill turned down by Turf Moor chairman Barry Kilby.

Cotterill, who previously enjoyed a spell on the coaching staff at the Walkers Stadium, said: "I'm staying at Burnley.

"I'd like to thank Leicester for their approach for me - they're good people at a good club, I enjoyed the time I spent there and would like to wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

"However, a lot has been built here in the last 18 months and we are continuing to build for the future at Burnley.

"I have a great relationship with the chairman and supporters of our football club and I'd like to thank all those people who have sent me cards and letters this week. I've been overwhelmed."

43449.jpg

Cotterill: Staying with Clarets

Cotterill out of Fox hunt

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant Leicester position and pledged his loyalty to the Clarets.

The Foxes, who sacked manager Craig Levein last week and are currently under the charge of caretaker boss Rob Kelly, have had an approach for permission to speak to Cotterill turned down by Turf Moor chairman Barry Kilby.

Cotterill, who previously enjoyed a spell on the coaching staff at the Walkers Stadium, said: "I'm staying at Burnley.

"I'd like to thank Leicester for their approach for me - they're good people at a good club, I enjoyed the time I spent there and would like to wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

"However, a lot has been built here in the last 18 months and we are continuing to build for the future at Burnley.

"I have a great relationship with the chairman and supporters of our football club and I'd like to thank all those people who have sent me cards and letters this week. I've been overwhelmed."

That's my bonuses boosted then :whistle:

Archived