Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TornadoShaunUK

Robbed.. Unlucky Lads - heads up for Tuesday

Just got back from the game. All over them and beat in the last minute, didn't really see much of the goal. I think we definately have to start with Fryatt and Hume upfront. We played really well today, Hammond was woeful but was the only player in my mind that let us down. Pleasantly surprised by Maybury, he was playing right midfield and it seems a good position for him to be in, played very well there I felt. Only gripe I would have that comes to mind would be that I would like to see our wide midfelders alot wider when the ball is on the opposite flank; stretch the opposition a bit and if they don't mark you out wide then you give yourself some time and space. I felt we even looked a little brighter at set pieces for the most part today.

I thought Maybury was wank to be honest. Let us down on a number of occasions, and looked ineffective going forward. Hammond wasn't great, but on the whole neither were any of the others.

I thought Maybury was wank to be honest. Let us down on a number of occasions, and looked ineffective going forward. Hammond wasn't great, but on the whole neither were any of the others.

Thank-you! Someone who watched the same match as me. I go week in week out and it looks all the same. Some plant pot said we produced alot of chances but couldnt score, he was watching a different game then....

no he isn't but I felt he did better there than in any other position I've seen him in and also I might add, better in that position than anyone else I can remember playing on right mid. Only player who let us down today was Hammond in my eyes, not just cause he missed a good chance, he was off the ball all game and it was a welcome site to see him substituted with 20 mins to go. Nice that it wasn't left til 5-10 mins from the end before that substitute was made aswell..

no he isn't but I felt he did better there than in any other position I've seen him in and also I might add, better in that position than anyone else I can remember playing on right mid. Only player who let us down today was Hammond in my eyes, not just cause he missed a good chance, he was off the ball all game and it was a welcome site to see him substituted with 20 mins to go. Nice that it wasn't left til 5-10 mins from the end before that substitute was made aswell..

Yeah - hopefully the 87th minute game-changing substitutions are gone! :P

Thank-you! Someone who watched the same match as me. I go week in week out and it looks all the same. Some plant pot said we produced alot of chances but couldnt score, he was watching a different game then....

For what it's worth we had 10 shots with 2 on target. Soton had 5 with 1 on target.

For what it's worth we had 10 shots with 2 on target. Soton had 5 with 1 on target.

And that is just not good enough, 10 shots, 2 on target - no goals... what do we need?? 30 shots 6 on target 1 goal???

We always have plenty of shots and the opposite team has 4 and score twice. We just cant finish and i dont think with players like De Vries or elvis hammond we will..

Just got back from the game. All over them and beat in the last minute, didn't really see much of the goal. I think we definately have to start with Fryatt and Hume upfront. We played really well today, Hammond was woeful but was the only player in my mind that let us down. Pleasantly surprised by Maybury, he was playing right midfield and it seems a good position for him to be in, played very well there I felt. Only gripe I would have that comes to mind would be that I would like to see our wide midfelders alot wider when the ball is on the opposite flank; stretch the opposition a bit and if they don't mark you out wide then you give yourself some time and space. I felt we even looked a little brighter at set pieces for the most part today.

Agree about maybury but not much else. It was an awful game played by two awful sides the only difference was they had someone who could finish the one chance they had and we didn't. p[ersonally I didn't think the players wanted it enough and only maybury and stearman came out of it with much credit.

Wouldn't though slotting Weslowski into Right Mid have been a better option than trying to find a space for Maybury?

Today was so boring and cold.

Me and my mates talked about lots of stuff during the game including imagining ourselves battering stewards, shouting after a fake lad called 'jobsy' and wanting twix's

The game just couldn't match up to this.

Agree about maybury but not much else. It was an awful game played by two awful sides the only difference was they had someone who could finish the one chance they had and we didn't. p[ersonally I didn't think the players wanted it enough and only maybury and stearman came out of it with much credit.

The game was woeful and for me that included a very inept Maybury, not on his own mind.

Pretty unadventurous team selection :yawn: as well with too many defensive players and still persisting with Nissa at left back :nono: .

Totally underwelmed by the whole event, the management influence, the team performance the crowd.

The game was woeful and for me that included a very inept Maybury, not on his own mind.

Pretty unadventurous team selection :yawn: as well with too many defensive players and still persisting with Nissa at left back :nono: .

Totally underwelmed by the whole event, the management influence, the team performance the crowd.

To be fair nissa didn't do bad i thought.

To be fair nissa didn't do bad i thought.

Well if he had sack full of newspapers they'd end up in the wrong houses, his distribution was woeful and people have a go at Kisnorbo.

Archived