Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

DE VRIES GONE!

He hasn't scored a league goal for 3 months. Being the focal point of the team, that's an unforgiveable record.

I'm not just talking about record, I'm talking about what letting go of him mean says as a statement from our club. To me it says 'we've lost it'.

Oh well, I suppose when Cotterill comes he could just bring Ricketts with him...

That's what I thought. I honestly can't see why everyone is so happy about this, Hume, Fryatt and Elvis together have scored the same amount as MDV. Surely getting rid of your top scorer at this point is suicidal.

I think de vries has been holding us back as a team and now he's gone we can play through the midfield and attack with pace.

I'm not just talking about record, I'm talking about what letting go of him mean says as a statement from our club. To me it says 'we've lost it'.

Oh well, I suppose when Cotterill comes he could just bring Ricketts with him...

He's played for England y'know :rolleyes:

Why is a caretaker manager being allowed to make decisions like this.

We'll get a new manager in in the next few days or weeks (maybe tomorrow according to other threads) and surely it should be up to him to decide what to do with the squad once he knows what he has to use.

The only excuse would be if we are planning on bringing someone else in.

Apparently the deadline for loan moves is March so there wasn't even any time pressure for this. Now we're left without a powerful forward at the club. De Vries might not have contributed much recently but at least he gave us another option (however an unattractive one it was at many times).

We're placing an awful lot of responsibility on Fryatt given that Hume and Elvis have hardly set the place alight in the goal scoring stakes.

We'll get a new manager in in the next few days or weeks (maybe tomorrow according to other threads) and surely it should be up to him to decide what to do with the squad once he knows what he has to use.

Apparently the deadline for loan moves is March so there wasn't even any time pressure for this. Now we're left without a powerful forward at the club. De Vries might not have contributed much recently but at least he gave us another option (however an unattractive one it was at many times).

We're placing an awful lot of responsibility on Fryatt given that Hume and Elvis have hardly set the place alight in the goal scoring stakes.

:thumbup:

I agree entirely!!

Maybe the new manager is already pulling the strings?

De vries hardly set the world alight either :whistle:

De Vries has done bugger all for months (excluding the Spurs game). How can people say he gave us an option? When he came on as a sub he did nothing every time, except encourage the team to play hoof. When he started he was more often than not awful.

He may have made up the numbers but he simply wasn't good enough at this level. As a target man he could barely jump, let alone head the ball, and he was painfully slow. I bet most defenders loved playing against him in this division.

De Vries has done bugger all for months (excluding the Spurs game). How can people say he gave us an option? When he came on as a sub he did nothing every time, except encourage the team to play hoof. When he started he was more often than not awful.

He may have made up the numbers but he simply wasn't good enough at this level. As a target man he could barely jump, let alone head the ball, and he was painfully slow. I bet most defenders loved playing against him in this division.

:thumbup: couldn't agree more

Too true. With Hume Fryatt Hammond and O'Grady there is no need for us to worry. They probabaly realised that a new manager will want to get cover in defence or on the wing this can be done up until march.

Agree with ya there mate, kelly will sell all our players and fock off!

Caretaker manager Rob Kelly said: "Mark plays in the one area of the pitch in which we have got cover"

The cut in wages will mean the new manager will be able to bring a player or players in on loan, depending on how much de vries was on. Could turn out to be a shrewd move :whistle:

Or it could just free up money to pay off a manager from another club, doesn't mean we'll have money to pay a loan signing.

The cut in wages will mean the new manager will be able to bring a player or players in on loan, depending on how much de vries was on. Could turn out to be a shrewd move :whistle:

maybe they wanna use the money to pay compensation for the new manager

Archived