Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

DE VRIES GONE!

De Vries Goes Dutch

Leicester City striker Mark de Vries has joined Dutch Division One side Heerenveen on loan until the end of the season with the view to a permanent deal.

The 30-year-old centre forward, who has scored seven league goals since joining the Foxes from Hearts last January, made his name with Dutch side SW Dordrecht before making the move to Scotland in June 2002.

But the centre forward will now return to his adopted homeland and will hope to be involved in Heerenveen's UEFA Cup third round clash against Steaua Bucharest next month.

The Foxes recently signed Matty Fryatt from Walsall, while Iain Hume, Elvis Hammond and Chris O'Grady are also available to fill the role in attack.

Caretaker manager Rob Kelly said: "After speaking to the player he indicated that he would be happy to make the move back to Holland for the loan period.

"Mark plays in the one area of the pitch in which we have got cover, and allowing him to leave could give the club the flexibility to bolster the squad in other positions."

The transfer deadline for loan signings is in March

Just had a text from the club to say Mark De Vries has left and joined Heereveen on loan till the end of the season with a view to a perminant switch

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :P

Heerenveen?... Blimey, they're one of the better clubs in Holland even. I feel this is a mistake. Whoever comes in should have a full squad to choose from, we shouldn't LIMIT his options. Let's face it, we've got nothing that looks remotely like a strong centre-forward that can hold off defenders now.... oh well...

Pleased about this.

I always liked the man, he was a bit of a cult figure but let's be honest he was an awful footballer.

I doubt we'll get anyone in before the end of today.

well to be fair in a season that we face imminent relegation and a lack of goals .... we have got rid of our top two goalscorers!! :blink::blink::blink::blink: <_<

Cheers for the memories Mark!

Cannot believe how he's managed to get a deal at Herenveen as a replacement for Samaras who has gone to Man City for £6 million!

do you reckon we can expect a similar fee in the summer?!

I always liked the man, he was a bit of a cult figure but let's be honest he was an awful footballer.

Was he?

Great news, playing with a player of his ability and mobility up front as well as making him the focal point has been holding us back ever since he's arrived early last year. But anyway, i thank him for the two Cup performances against Charlton and Tottenham.

Surely it's got to be Hume and Fryatt tonight now then :D

Archived