Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New FA Cup Sponsors

From Sky

The FA Cup is to be sponsored by E.ON on a four-year deal beginning next season.

The FA have been striving to find a sponsor for the world's most famous cup competition for some time and have finally reached an agreement with E.ON, who will also take on the sponsorship of the FA Women's Cup and the FA Youth Cup.

The competition will be known as 'the FA Cup sponsored by E.ON' and FA chief executive Brian Barwick has expressed delight at striking the deal.

"The FA Cup is the world's greatest domestic cup competition and we are delighted to have a company of E.ON's stature as its lead partner," said Barwick.

"The FA Cup continues to capture the imagination of football supporters in England and around the globe with its unique blend of giantkillings and classic encounters between the country's top teams.

"This deal will provide us with an opportunity to build on this reputation."

Barwick feels the new deal will benefit football at all levels.

"The FA currently invests around £70 million a year into football right down to the grassroots," he added. "Income from our new sponsorship programme will further contribute to the promotion and development of the game at all levels."

haha i know i know :D

I can't really go in depth but my dads one of the managers for E.ON, basically they've recently took over POWERGEN (look at the top corner of the weather adverts where it says powergen, it now says recently taken over by E.ON).

When you drive round now and see work being done on electrical poles etc the vans will say CENTRAL NETWORKS instead of East midlands Electricity. They are taking over everything and are ever growing. Can only be good news for our family though :smile::unsure::clap: (i am actually joking on the last bit)

EDIT: on the plus side to it all, a lot of money will be put into the competition and hopefully clubs such as ourselves will see the benefits if we have a decent cup run next year.

Powergen sponsor the cup in Rugby, world domination going on :blush:

I can't see the harm in it if it's going to the grassroots of football, it wil still be known to everyone as the FA Cup anyway :)

Why do companies spend so much on advertising, it doesn't ahve an affect on me, does advertising actually work?

The Big building on your left as you walk down Filbert Way towards the Walkers near that bloke who sells all the dodgy Leicester Stuff is E'on offices!!! never noticed before today though

And does this mean the F.A Cup will be now known as the E.ON Cup?

Just like when Axa sposored it, I belive it will be called the E-On sponsored FA Cup. The FA aren't THAT stupid!!!

Archived