Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheHonourableOne

Leeds block Blackwell approach

What on earth of the Club upto ??? we are going to end up in big trouble with the FA at this rate.

Why on earth would Blackwell want to leave leeds, its complete madness ... they sound as if they are panicing the board

We wont get in trouble because the club are going about their business in a proper way, we arent just talking to managers we are asking the clubs and then if we do get the go ahead interviewing them to see if they are suitable.

this is all above board and the best way to do this. It is best not to go for one manager who we assume is great (on paper taylor was a great choice) but would not be suited to this club, IMO it is far better to interview as many people as possible and choose the best man for the job.

Don't know about you lot out there but I'm beginning to side with Kelly for the rest of the season. The names getting linked now are distinctly uninspiring. There has to be better than this.......

Don't know about you lot out there but I'm beginning to side with Kelly for the rest of the season. The names getting linked now are distinctly uninspiring. There has to be better than this.......

I'd be happy to let Rob Kelly have the job until the end of the season. The Leicester job may look more interesting in the summer if we do manage to stay up. Of course it could also look a lot worse if we go down. I just don't think another change of manager will necessarily help our players. I think they are just settling down under Kelly now and a new manager will bring in more new ideas which may not be helpful at this time.

What on earth of the Club upto ??? we are going to end up in big trouble with the FA at this rate.

Why on earth would Blackwell want to leave leeds, its complete madness ... they sound as if they are panicing the board

God, what are you on?

He may want to leave considering they refuse to speak about a new contract with him!!!

Plus why the feck would we end up in trouble for asking a club to speak to the manager? Do you know the rules?

It's about the fourth time you have said we a panicing. Well if we were we would have bloody hired someone by now. They are exploring every avenue, wanting to speak to all the best candidates out there. I really don't see the problem with that.

God, what are you on?

He may want to leave considering they refuse to speak about a new contract with him!!!

Plus why the feck would we end up in trouble for asking a club to speak to the manager? Do you know the rules?

It's about the fourth time you have said we a panicing. Well if we were we would have bloody hired someone by now. They are exploring every avenue, wanting to speak to all the best candidates out there. I really don't see the problem with that.

Spot on. The Board are going about their task in what seems to be a proper and legal manner and this had been emphasised by the chairman when he talked about the work taking most of this week at least.

It also explains Newell's statement that until he hears of any job offer he need do no more than go about his business. How can the board properly offer him a job, or anyone else, until they have finished speaking to all the applicants on their short list?.

The chairman also made it clear that Kelly's two wins have to some extent taken away the need to make a hasty appointment and even spoke of Kelly possible carrying on. He didn't sound like a man in a panic.

At first I thought all this manager unsettling at other clubs was funny, but it is getting beyond the joke now! We'll be in trouble if we keep up this badgering of other clubs, listen Leicester City board of Directors, get Rob Kelly a piece of paper with the words Managerial position until May 2006, n you've got the situation sorted!

At first I thought all this manager unsettling at other clubs was funny, but it is getting beyond the joke now! We'll be in trouble if we keep up this badgering of other clubs, listen Leicester City board of Directors, get Rob Kelly a piece of paper with the words Managerial position until May 2006, n you've got the situation sorted!

Why will we be in trouble exactly? What rules have we broken?

I disagree, it still is funny.

Also, the F.A really can't do anything about it as we've gone down the correct avenues. We seem to have a shortlist and we're trying to interview each and every one of them. It's refreshing to see us targetting a manager who has some experience at this level. I really like the way it's happening - I just hope it is as planned and logical as it looks and that a period of discussion and assessment and re-assessment of our options is in place and that the right appointment will be made in the long term, leaving RK to do a good job in the short term.

Or something. :whistle:

I disagree, it still is funny.

Also, the F.A really can't do anything about it as we've gone down the correct avenues. We seem to have a shortlist and we're trying to interview each and every one of them. It's refreshing to see us targetting a manager who has some experience at this level. I really like the way it's happening - I just hope it is as planned and logical as it looks and that a period of discussion and assessment and re-assessment of our options is in place and that the right appointment will be made in the long term, leaving RK to do a good job in the short term.

Or something. :whistle:

I love it... we are systematically winding up every club around (all legally) I love going onto other fans sites and seeing them have panic attacks about their manager going.

Who's next I wonder!!! ha

I love it... we are systematically winding up every club around (all legally) I love going onto other fans sites and seeing them have panic attacks about their manager going.

Who's next I wonder!!! ha

We agree again mate.... getting closer and closer :whistle:

Seriously though, I think the reason it looks like we've approached so many in work is because we're doing it so legitimately and going through all the correct avenues. It's the underhand approaches which often escape the attention of the press, but get results. Having said that, I think the FA have their knives out for this kind of thing at the moment.

The fact that this report still includes reference to Holloway when that has been as good as denied by T Davies, leads me to believe that it's a load of crap.

Like Louise has said it's more likely that it's Clubs (QPR) and Agents ( Blackwell) using our recruitment of a Manager for their own ends.

If true it yet again demonstrates how unprincinpled so many of those that milk the game of football are.

Seriously though, I think the reason it looks like we've approached so many in work is because we're doing it so legitimately and going through all the correct avenues. It's the underhand approaches which often escape the attention of the press, but get results. Having said that, I think the FA have their knives out for this kind of thing at the moment.

Exactly what I was thinking!

We agree again mate.... getting closer and closer :whistle:

Noooooooooooo.... ;)

Shows what two wins on the trot does for relations on here anyway ha ha.

It's their job - principles from a biger, wider perspective don't come in to it. Agents will always act in a way which will make their clients and themselves the biggest wedge.

Thieves will try and find the richest people to steal from - it doesn't make it any more acceptable. It's a sad reflection on present day society and business in general that there is distinct lack of respect for the paying customer, which we are and it's us that ultimately pay the price.

We're are gradually being ground down to a level where we accept all of this with a whimper and a shrug and give these people carte blanche to do as they will.

Thieves will try and find the richest people to steal from - it doesn't make it any more acceptable. It's a sad reflection on present day society and business in general that there is distinct lack of respect for the paying customer, which we are and it's us that ultimately pay the price.

We're are gradually being ground down to a level where we accept all of this with a whimper and a shrug and give these people carte blanche to do as they will.

Not at all... but you brought morals in to it. For agents, it a good opportunity to do the best for their clients. They're not stealing from anyone. They forward their wage demands and SOMEONE will pay the going rate. The present club gets the chance to match it first, obviously. It's natural. Who are these agents stealing from?

It only becomes an issue when an agent will knowingly compromise the long term interests of his client (usually a young player) by taking a big short term wedge of cash to secure a move.

Whilst the interests of the client are being well represented, agents just do what they are paid to do and get the best package they can for their clients. I'd do the same if it were my job and however much you might like to take the moral high ground here, you'd do the same too.

Not at all... but you brought morals in to it. For agents, it a good opportunity to do the best for their clients. They're not stealing from anyone. They forward their wage demands and SOMEONE will pay the going rate. The present club gets the chance to match it first, obviously. It's natural. Who are these agents stealing from?

It only becomes an issue when an agent will knowingly compromise the long term interests of his client (usually a young player) by taking a big short term wedge of cash to secure a move.

Whilst the interests of the client are being well represented, agents just do what they are paid to do and get the best package they can for their clients. I'd do the same if it were my job and however much you might like to take the moral high ground here, you'd do the same too.

The stealing statement was metaphorical.

As for doing the same, in fact I wouldn't not if it involved lying & misrepresenting situations - if the stories about Holloway and Blackwell are being circulated by Agents/ Clubs without foundation and truth for their own ends, this is not only potentially at our expense ( we could lose the chance of getting our preferred choice of manager as they may be put off by all these rumours) but to me is dishonest.

It's not a case of taking the 'moral high ground' I'm simply stating how I feel about it in relation to how I would behave in those circumstances. Do you think that Jon Holmes ( Gary Lineker's Agent) behaves like that, I suspect not and it hasn't hindered his success. The only thing I will admit to is a might have tarred them all with the same brush for that I will apologise.

To a degree, I am just playing devil's advocate here.

Sure, some agents are scum. But remember that it is their job to serve their clients the best they can.

In this situation, there are a large number of parties all jostling for position to get what they want. A huge number of clubs must be involved with LCFC and DCFC on the hunt for a new manager, lots of managers after better contracts and lots of newspapers anxious for a story. Who knows what to believe? :P

To a degree, I am just playing devil's advocate here.

Sure, some agents are scum. But remember that it is their job to serve their clients the best they can.

In this situation, there are a large number of parties all jostling for position to get what they want. A huge number of clubs must be involved with LCFC and DCFC on the hunt for a new manager, lots of managers after better contracts and lots of newspapers anxious for a story. Who knows what to believe? :P

Can't argue with any of that, especially the last line. I'm even started to doubt whether it's some Alta ego or me saying all this stuff today. :o

Tim Davies is on a rocker if he thinks the likes of Blackwell and Billy Davies etc will leave their playoff hopeful clubs which they have built up, to come to a club with Championship football not guaranteed next season. Go for someone more realistic Tim, like one of the top League One bosses such as Allen or Tilson.

I can just imagine me coming home one day and seeing the headline "Chelsea block approach from Leicester for Mourinho" :ermm:

Archived